Other Misc. Baby Gears:
Chicco
Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Base Anthracite

Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Base Anthracite

Pros

• Convenient (3)
  • Durable (3)
  • Easy to set up (3)
  • Easy use (3)

• Daily use (3)
  • Infants (3)
  • Newborn (3)
  • Travel (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • First time parent (3)

Easiest Car Seat Base Ever!

Love this base. I have one infant daughter and this is my first car seat (I have 2 step sons but they were already in convertible car seats by the time by husband and I met). The car seat itself is a bit heavy, but my daughter loves it and loves her car rides. The base is the best part though for me!

We only have one base - the one that came with our travel system. Because of this, I often have to move the base from vehicle to vehicle. I was worried that it would be hard to do or inconvenient at the least, but I was wrong! Its as simple as running the seat belt through it and tightening. It has a built in bubble level and a leveling system that works with the touch of a button to accommodate different types of seats. All of our vehicles are older so we use seat belts but the base also works with the LATCH system in newer vehicles.

great! but very expensive

i have the entire chicco matching set (travel system, high chair, umbrella stroller, infant carrier, and pack and play) and i LOVE it!!! the carseat is one of the safest ones out there and this base makes it even better! you just install the base one time and never have to worry about it again. it is so easy to just click in and out instead of wrapping the seatbelt through. it's also very nice to not have to worry if it's buckled in tight enough or if it's level, or your husband just plain did it wrong:)  if i could afford another one i would definately get it for another car, (they are just so easy and quick!) unfortunately, they're very expensive just for the added ease......  we were going to get another one and when i saw the price i was shocked and just could not believe  it. oh well, if you can afford it i would definately recommend this to you, but as a budget- conscious, bargain hunting mom, it just wasnt for me. it was not necessary.. easy, but not something i just HAVE to have.

Easiest Car Seat Base Ever!

from Chinook, MT

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Convenient
  • Durable
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Easy Use
  • Portable

Time saver

from Blue Springs, MO

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Convenient
    • Durable
    • Easy To Set Up
    • Easy Use

Comments about Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Base Anthracite:

This is a serious time saver. Once installed it's simply drop and go. In the rain and snow its great to be able to just place the car seat on the base, listen for the click and be done. This is most convenient on grocery runs while going store to store. Not having to install through the car seat saves so much time. It also has a small compartment, that's perfect for stashing spare toys.

Quick & easy install & removal

from CNY

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Convenient
      • Durable
      • Easy To Set Up
      • Easy Use
      • Portable

Comments about Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Base Anthracite:

We have three of these bases. One in my car, one in my husband's and one on my parent's as they babysit my son. One came with the car seat/stroller combo that we purchased and the others we got additionally. It's very easy to install. Click the sides in and secure with the seatbelt then pull the tabs to tighten in place. The car seat clicks in easily and one squeeze releases the lock to remove it. I did a lot of research and found this brand to be in the top 3 on multiple lists.

Easy to install and use

Comments about Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Base Anthracite:

Only base that I have ever used and have recommended it to friends. Easy to install/uninstall in car and makes placing and removing car seat much easier and faster. Love the leveling bubbles located on the base to help make sure it is installed so that car seat is level.

Good for other car

Comments about Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Base Anthracite:

The car seat base is exactly like the one that is supplied with the infant car seat. It is very easy to install and has survived two children in our family. The expiration date was five years out when we bought it (I believe), so we were able to use it for multiple children. The convenience of having one in each car was unsurpassed.

Great to have a 2nd base for another car!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Base Anthracite:

After usingn a Graco car seat for my son, I really loved the Chicco Keyfit 30 base and car seat. The carseat and base never felt as bulky in or out of the car. The look of the car seat is great. The base was VERY easy to install and seemed a little more secure than the Graco ever did. It was also super simple to take the carseat in and out of my car. The fit of the infant seat (from what I can remember) was about the same as the Graco when installed. I love that the Chicco Keyfit 30 Has a higher weight limit than the Graco Snugride that we had with my son as I seem to have the most gigantic babies ever and they outgrow the infant seats rather quickly. If you have 2 cars that will transport the infant on a regular basis or even for grandma and grandpas cars it is very nice to have a 2nd car seat base. You can install it without the base, but it doesn't seem as safe. It's also great if you're using it in grandparents cars because its so easy for them to snap the seat in once you have installed the base.

This Chicco base doesn't disappoint

from Gardendale, AL

Comments about Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Base Anthracite:

I was looking for a baby travel system that would be safe, but also simple to use for both my husband, me and my daughter's grandparents. We have three of these bases, one for each of our cars and one for the grandparents to use when they have our daughter with them. They were super easy to install - I did have them checked out at the local children's hospital just to be safe. The click and bubble level system made it easy to install the seat base at the correct height. It's also easy to clean. From reading other online reviews, it appeared the Chicco Keyfit 30 system was a safe system for our daughter to be in should we end up in a car accident. I pray we never have to test that out! The car seat sits firmly in the base once it locks in, and it is not difficult to get the seat out using the release mechanism.

I would definitely recommend this seat base/car seat system to any first time or been there done that parents.

Just okay- we've used better carseats!

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Base Anthracite:

This Chicco carseat was a buy for our newborn son and I wasn't really impressed. This being our second child, we have used other brand carseats and had better reviews for them. Chicco brand seems to be very low quality and the seat hasn't held up very well with everyday normal wear and tear. My son never seemed to be very comfortable in the seat and as soon as we replaced the seat with another brand he was totally fine riding in the car. I will admit that this seat is fairly easy to install in the car and looks great, but it was below my expectations for a child seat. If you want a great baby seat, I say go with Graco. Being that this base only fit the Chicco seats,and no other brands, it was not interchangeable with my husband's car seats. I think that companies should really pick up on the fact that convertible car seats are the way to go in infant seats. They are more stable, safer, and more comfortable for babies.

Safe and Easy to intall

from Webster City, IA

Comments about Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Base Anthracite:

We purchased this car seat base to go with our Chicco Travel System. The system comes with a base but we needed one for our second car. Although it is quite a bit more expensive than most of the other brands of car seats, Chicco has extremely high safety ratings and this was important to us. The base is well built, sturdy, and safe. It was very easy to install in our car, and has multiple possibilities for installation. If you have the latches in your car, you can just click them in and it takes about 5 seconds. Otherwise, you can use the seatbelt to install the base and that is also very easy. It doesn't move when installed properly and I feel very confident in this product. It has a level on it so you know you've installed it correctly and properly. Chicco is a top company for baby products for a reason, and this car seat base lives up to the standards of Chicco. I would definitely recommend this brand and this carseat base to anyone.

chicco keyfit 30 car seat base works great

from Hillsboro, OR

Comments about Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat Base Anthracite:

We got the chicco carseat and base (keyfit 30) and we have used it a ton and it works great. I did a lot of research before purchasing baby products and especially ones for safety such as the carseat and base. This got tons of great reviews and so I figured I'd try it out as well. It really is a great carseat base. It has the latch system, and is so easy to install into the car. It fits many different size cars, and is easy to transfer from one car to the next which is great for us because I catch a ride with friends many times and I can easily pop the base over to their car and put the carseat in it in a flash. It is also very sturdy and easy to adjust. You do have to pull it really tight to make sure it is safe, but that is the case with all bases and it is not hard to do. It has a level indicator too so just line up the bubble to make sure it is level and you are good to go. When I took it to the carseat and base inspection workshop near here the sherriff was impressed with how easy it was to check to make sure it was installed properly, and to adjust the fit.