Other Misc. Baby Gears:
JJ Cole Bundleme Original Infant

JJ Cole Bundleme Original Infant

Pros

Cons

The Bundle Me is a must-have for any winter baby!

This is an item I got at my baby shower and then said to myself "why can't people just shop off my registry?!"  I am so glad that they didn't.  Of all the things in this world that is available for an infant, this ranks up there with a crib and a swing.  I live in upstate New York and when my baby was born in December, it was quite cold!  We "installed" the JJ Cole Bundle Me into his carseat before we left the hospital.  He came home nice and toasty!

This item has been used on a daily basis collectively for almost 3 years.  It has been washed many, many, many times, and it is still holding up.  It has been through 3 children (I let my sister-in-law borrow it, with the agreement that it gets back to me), and is still holding strong.  We never used blankets.  It was always warm and snuggly enough.  Another perk to the Bundle Me was that when my boys lost their pacifier, I knew it was in their seat, because they couldn't throw it out of the carseat.  That was an unintended bonus, haha.  Needless to say, I would highly recommend this to any family who is having a winter baby.  You will only need 1.  You should be able to pass this down from child to child during your babymaking years.  The only thing I would recommend is to pack a blanket in your diaper bag to keep as a spare.  I did have a diaper blow-out in the seat and did not think to bring an extra blanket with me.  My son survived and everything worked out, it was just a slight inconvienence.

JJ Cole Infant Bundle Me warm and cozy but dangerous for carseat

The JJ Cole Original Infant Bundle Me is super cozy and a great option for in a stroller during the cold seasons. However, it find it very upsetting that they continue to ignore all the advisories against adding anything to a carseat and especially never putting any layers between the carseat and the baby and insist on marketing their products as good for car seats. These are not safe to be used with car seats! You would think that a manufacturer would at least advertise these only for applications that were a safe use.

If you have one of these, please, don't use them in your infant car seat. They cause issues in positioning the straps as well as add layers which can compress in a crash and result in the straps being too loose to hold baby in snugly. I wish JJ Cole would either only market them for strollers or make one themselves that only goes over top of the car seat and therefore doesn't interfere with positioning and safety.

Good Product, Wish for Some Changes

Comments about JJ Cole Bundleme Original Infant:

I bought this JJ Cole Bundle Me to use in my six month old's Chicco Keyfit 30 carseat. The product is very warm, and it definitely eliminates the need to bundle her up in blankets or a big jacket in the frigid weather. The Bundle Me attaches to the seat by wrapping an elastic band around the back of the seat. This attaches a bit awkwardly to the Keyfit, and at first, I was a bit worried that the band would slide up and off. After more than a month of use, though, this hasn't happened. As one point of concern, I don't love the extra flap of blanket that can be pulled over the baby's face or folded down. I feel as though my baby could flip this flap over her own face just by wiggling and flailing around underneath the sack. I'd like to be able to zip up the sack and keep it over her in the car, but with a backward facing seat where I can't watch her, I just don't trust that she won't cover herself.

Great product for cooler climates!

Comments about JJ Cole Bundleme Original Infant:

I bought the J.J. Cole bundle me on a whim during a trip back to the Midwest in the middle of January. Getting the bundle me onto the car seat was super easy and quick. It kept in all of the heat, plus kept the wind out. It also was so not as bulky or as heavy as carrying a ton of blankets on top of the car seat. I would definitely recommend it!

We love it!

from Louisville, KY

Comments about JJ Cole Bundleme Original Infant:

We have one of these and absolutely love it! Our newest addition was born in Jan, during a snow storm! This came in so handy to be able to zip up and walk outside. We didn't have to worry about the wind blowing blankets off or worry about carrying extra blankets everywhere we went! I think the baby like it too, it is warm and cozy down in his carseat with this wrapped around it! I highly recommend this if you live anywhere cold or have a baby in the winter months! It goes on easily and comes right off and can be thrown into the washing machine. It is also easy to spot clean when need be.

don't have a baby without it!

from Woodbridge, NJ

Comments about JJ Cole Bundleme Original Infant:

this is by far one of the items i would never be without. period. both of my children were born in the winter months, and with my first i learned how hard it was to try to get a winter coat on a newborn. i was not havin it! i went directly to my local big box baby store, and went to work looking for a solution. i found bundle me. warm? check. attractive? check. durable? check. i shelled out the cash, installed in IMMEDIATELY in my son't infant car seat, and packed up his baby winter coat. he did not need it again. this bundle me is warm and cozy. babies have no option but to sleep in their little cacoon. i washed my first one as i needed to, and stored it after my son grew out of it. now, my baby girl is using the same bundle me herself.

One of my favorite baby shower gifts I received!

from Broomfield, CO

Comments about JJ Cole Bundleme Original Infant:

I received this as a baby shower gift in the beige color and love it! We used it on our infant carrier all winter long and never had to worry about a cold baby or losing a blanket. It has zippers on both sides of the blanket and they are easy to use. The inside is super soft, warm and cozy for baby. I've washed it several times and it still looks brand new, the beige color doesn't show dirt nearly as bad as I had imagined it would. I've also used it in the stroller and have been really happy with it. It is super warm, so not really for spring or summer months, definitely for those chilly/cold days.

This is one of my favorite presents to give as baby shower gifts for those with little ones arriving in the fall or winter. A great product made for a happy mom and baby!

Bundle Me kept my babies warm and cozy!

from Idaho Falls, ID

Comments about JJ Cole Bundleme Original Infant:

I am a mother to two young children and I used JJ Cole Bundle Me with both of them! We live in Idaho and our Winters are harsh and long! During the early months of my first pregnancy (it was Winter) I saw a couple at Church carrying their young baby in a carseat that had the Bundle Me on it. That baby looked to warm and cozy! Bundle me was one of the first baby items I purchased. I tried finding a used one to buy, but I was not able to find any. So I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new one. I got it online and although it was somewhat pricey, I believe it was money well spent. They are available in many colors (pink, caramel, grey, black and brown, if I remember correctly), so I chose to buy a grey one that could be used for a boy or a girl. The inside is very soft and warm. It provides enough protection for the babies and makes traveling easy since you do not have to worry about extra blankets being blown off by the wind (Idaho has very strong winds). In addition installation is easy, and the zipper is on both sides, which makes it very user friendly. They are also easy to clean, just wash it and it is as good as new. The material is very good, high quality, strong zippers. I strongly recommend Bundle Me to all parents out there, it will keep your little one warm and cozy!

Kept my little one nice and warm

from State College, PA

Comments about JJ Cole Bundleme Original Infant:

I received this as a gift when my first child was born and really didn't use it much because she was small during summer months, so I didn't find myself needing to cover her much. I did use it a couple of times, however as she got bigger, both in her carseat and in a stroller, and was satisfied with it, but didn't use it regularly.

But then I had a November baby and I was constantly hauling her out in frigid temperatures to bring my big girl to school and pick her up. The bundle me kept her so snug and warm, and was really easy to use. I particularly like the way the zipper is, you can unzip either side, and also completely remove the top if you want. I like the velcro slats in the back because this makes it compatible with practically any stroller or carseat. Not only was she comfortable, she looked cute all bundled up. I like the fleece outer, with the faux sheepskin on the inside. It just is so soft and comfy. This is definitely a must have if you are in cold weather with your baby.

A must have in the winter!

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about JJ Cole Bundleme Original Infant:

I'm not sure how anyone could make it through a cold winter without one of these! We used it for my son when we were in Minnesota. We were able to just buckle him up in his infant carseat with just his regular clothes on, cover him up with a blanket and then zip the bundle me up and he was all set. He stayed plenty warm!

I love that this can be zipped over there heads to protect them from the harsh winds! Obviously, you can not leave it zipped up over their heads for very long, but it's great for when you are running into a store and it is windy and cold.

I have heard that using this voids the warranty on your carseat. I have also heard that having your child wearing a jacket in their carseat can void the warranty. While I understand that it adds extra bulk and could be a safety issue, I just don't know how an infant could ever go out and about in the cold winter time without one of these!

Last, I love that it's so easy to zip open and shut. After being in the car for a while, when things are warmed up, it is very easy to just unzip the bundle me so your baby doesn't overheat.

best thing to protect your child in the cold

from Edgewater, MD

Comments about JJ Cole Bundleme Original Infant:

we got this from someone at our baby shower but this thing is great , you can put your baby in their car seat in a outfit or a onsie and zip this up and they are warm, its so much less hassle than putting them in a snowsuit ect . its super easy to install , and keeps your child cozy during the coldest of times , i highly recomend it and think its one of the best things invented  for a baby

great for winter babies

from Acton, MA

Comments about JJ Cole Bundleme Original Infant:

We got this baby bundle me for our baby when she was born in the winter.  It was a life saver!  We live in a vey cold climate, and it made it so much easier to get outside for errands without having to bundle her into a snow suit, warm boots and all the other stuff when we needed to go outside.  She only had to wear her regular clothes underneath, and be nice and warm.  I would add only add a hat.  The nice thing about this product is that the top half unzippered all the way, so you could easily get your baby insde or adjust the car seat straps.  It was so warm and fluffy inside that I always knew she was warm and comfy.  The only thing it didn't have was a waterproff cover.  Sometimes if it was snowing outside and I was carrying her out of the car I would have liked for the cover to have a waterproof exterior so that the snow didn't melt in.  Overall, though a wonderful and convenient product.