Other Facial Moisturizers:

Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15

Pros

Cons

Just right for a daily moisturizer in South Florida

Cetaphil Daily Cleanser has long been a favored product in the Xeno household. Gentle, non-greasy, it has no overwhelming fragrance. The same is true of Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF...Read complete review

Cetaphil Daily Cleanser has long been a favored product in the Xeno household. Gentle, non-greasy, it has no overwhelming fragrance. The same is true of Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15.

When you live in South Florida your skin takes a pounding not only from the sun, but the drying effects of our 24/7 air conditioned existence. We definitely need a moisturizer, and for us Cetaphil is the answer. It goes on smoothly, leaves no greasy residue, is absorbed into the skin quickly and it contains just enough SPF protection for general everyday use in this sub-tropical climate.

Sometimes we Floridians go a little overboard with protecting our skin from the harmful rays of the sun. But for everyday use, an SPF of 15 is more than sufficient. Some sun is beneficial. I mean you need at least some sunshine to avoid a vitamin D deficiency. Too little vitamin D will result in too little calcium being absorbed and we don't want that, do we? No we don't.

Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15 is a no-nonsense facial moisturizer that won't empty your wallet to achieve the desired result. It's virtually fragrance free and to me that's a good thing.

No, it's not going to give you the kind of protection you might need for a day at the beach, but for being out and about during the day here in South Florida it's just the right combination of moisturizer and sun protection. I recommend it.

Rudi

Known to be good for sensitive skin but I was disappointed

I have head many good things about the Cetaphil name and finding good quality products for my skin is important since I have sensitive, acne-prone skin.  This moisturizer is more expensive than most of the pharmacy brands you see out there but I thought it would be a good investment since they have a good reputation for their products.  When I used this moisturizer, it actually burned and irritated my skin, especially near my eyes.  This was a disappointment so I don't recommend it as it might irritate your skin if it's sensitive however I did write to the company and gave them my feedback and they did provide me with other products and coupons so don't be afraid to try it out, and if it isn't something that satisfies you, the company is good about re-imbursing your costs in other ways.

This is one of my top choices

from Dallas,TX

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15:

Cetaphil, to me, is one of the top choices for those who have sensitive skin. It is very gentle on acne prone skin. It does not irritate the skin. It does not leave your skin feeling oily or does not strip your skin and leave it oily. The fact that you have this great moisturizer that comes in a convenient pump makes it great. The fact that is has SPF15 and provides protection from sun exposure is what makes this moisturizer awesome. I have tried other moisturizers with SPF and it would leave my skin super oily. I could not even wear makeup because it would be too oily. This is clearly not an issue with Cetaphil

It leaves your skin feeling quenched and is not he least bit oily. Skin feels moisturized and smooth. Great even for the most sensitive skin types. Great for outdoor exposure to the sun.

Ease of Application
Very simple to apply. It is very convenient to have it pump out. This way, you won'y have to get it all over your hands.

It has a very clean scent. It is not too strong and really smells like you just stepped out of the shower.

A great daily moisturizer

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15:

Cetaphil is a good brand, and a reliable brand that I use for body lotion. I enjoy it's texture and feel that it is really moisturizing my skin, while other lotions and brands feel very watered down and doesn't last very long. The same can be said for Cetaphils Daily Facial Moisturizer. I use it daily every morning and enjoy that it has spf 15, although most face lotions have some spf now. I feel that is easy to apply because of the pump on the bottle. The scent is pleasant and not overpowering and it is effective at keeping my skin from drying out throughout the day while at the same time protecting it from the sunlight. I have slightly sensitive skin and Cetaphil feels great when I apply it on my face, while other brands and lotions tend to sting the skin on my face a little bit while I am applying it. Therefore, I would recommend this brand for those who have sensitive skin. My dermatologist recommend this brand and this facial moisturizer to me to use especially in the winter months when the weather is drier.

Lightweight and Effective

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15:

I have never been one to have to use moisturizers. But as I started getting older, I started to notice that my skin was changing dramatically. I have tried many different brands and types of lotions and could never find the right one for my skin type. I finally ran across Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15. I began using it daily as recommended and have had great noticeable results. My skin is now soft and smooth again. I don't have the problems with dry skin in the winter time. I love the fragrance of this moisturizer. It doesn't have the smell that I remember with my grandmother's moisturizing products. I really like how it is easy to apply and that it rubs into my skin easily and doesn't leave the oily, weighted down feeling that alot of others I have tried. I have had great luck with the Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer and will most definitely keep using. I would recommend this moisturizer to anyone.

• Ease of Application:

Best sensitive skin moisturizer that is perfume free

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15:

I love this product. Mainly because my skin is so sensitive and even the moisturizers that claimed to be for sensitive skin would leave my face feeling tight and extremely dry. This does the exact opposite. It really is for people with sensitive skin who like a fragrance free cream for their face. It hydrates my skin as soon as I put it on. And I never break out! And it has spf!

It hydrates and moisturizers my face without causing me to break out and doesn't leave my face feeling oily. It seeps right Into the skin.

Ease of Application
It's very easy to use. You just pump a little amount of moisturizer on to the palm of your hand and apply to your face. You don't even need a lot for it to do the job.

It does not have a scent which is one if my favorite features about this product. It just feels natural going on my face and I don't have worry about added chemicals or getting a headache from a strong scent. You literally apply it and you can't smell anything. Very good for people who are sensitive to scents or really sensitive to added chemicals.

Not my favorite

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15:

Let me preface this by saying I only used this product for a few weeks before switching to a different one. I liked the idea of it, but it just didn't work with my skin. It feels like it's lightweight, but it felt greasy on my skin all day. I have oily skin, so this may be the cause. I love the SPF, it's very important. I never broke out more than usual when using this product, so that is a plus. It also does not have a strong scent, so that is a plus as well. Overall, I felt that this product was just OK, like I could use it in a pinch, but I certainly prefer other moisturizers.

I felt like it did it's job, it was just too heavy for me. Perhaps if I lived in a less humid climate or had less oily skin it would have worked better.

Ease of Application
Very easy to apply, I always applied right out of the shower, so I just dried my face then rubbed it in.

It wasn't overly heavy, it was not unpleasant, but it was pleasant either.

One of the best!

from Oakwood Vlg., OH

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15:

Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15 is a great moisturizer. It's very light and doesn't feel heavy on my facial skin at all. It doesn't clog my pores and it is a very effective facial moisturizer. It's not greasy nor does it remain on the surface of my skin after application. It doesn't affect my makeup's application or performance. It absorbs well . It has also been a very good protection from UVA / UVB rays as it has protected my skin in the sun after using products with 2% 2 hydroquinone and or alpha hydroxy acid.

Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15 is very effective as it has lived up to all of it's claims for me personally.

Ease of Application
The ease of application is great. It isn't too thin nor too thick so it is easy to get a even coverage on my face. It absorbs quickly too.

It is truly fragrance free. The fact that it is fragrance free is very comforting to me for my face.

• Ease of Application:

Light moisturizer for soft skin

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15:

I'm out in the sun quite a bit as I live in a big city and walk over a mile a day to and from work, so I like to have some sun protection on my face. For this reason, I often look for facial moisturizers that contain SPF so I don't have to worry about adding a sunscreen to my face that might clog pores or leave my face feeling greasy or smelling like the beach. I often use Cetaphil products, so I bought Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15. I like this facial moisturizer a lot. It is a thin lotion, not thick like some creams. It spreads very well, so you only need a little bit to cover your whole face. It is not fragrant like some facial moisturizers, and I feel like I get adequate sun protection for my daily walks. I do add extra protection if I'm outside for prolonged periods, but for daily use, this has been sufficient. Sometimes during the winter months, when my skin is very dry, I find that I need to add an extra layer of this moisturizer on some days so my skin doesn't feel dry. Overall, this is a product I will continue to use and am satisfied with.

Average moisturizer

from Miami, Florida

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15:

The Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15 is just about your average, "this will do" moisturizer. Nothing special here, folks.

I tested this product for a week, using it every day and found no results. My skin did not feel different nor look different. In fact, I think it made my skin look shiny and oily. I found the actual texture and scent of the lotion to be yucky. The texture is thick which makes the processing of applying the lotion a very messy and sticky one. It's very sticky and unpleasant.

It also sometimes burns when I apply it on my face. I make sure not to apply it near my eye but somehow, my eyes start stinging and get really red and watery. So I can only put on a small dime size of it on my face or else my eyes will cause be severe pain.

Overall, invest your money in another moisturizer. This company is known to be gentle on the skin but it has not be gentle, or kind to mine.

Best facial moisturizer

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15:

I adore the entire line of Cetaphil products. My dermatologist recommended this moisturizer to me because I have terrible acne problems and was looking for something that would not clog my pores and cause my acne to worsen. This is the first moisturizer that I have been able to use without causing a breakout. I typically do not need a moisturizer in the summer time, except for when I get a little too much sun, because my skin is more oily in warmer weather. I mainly use this moisturizer in the winter months when my skin is especially dry. I use it along with the Cetaphil foaming face cleanser and it works great. My skin has been clear for months now.

This moisturizer does the job without clogging pores. The perfect moisturizer.

I give this moisturizer a rating of 10 for scent because there isn't any scent at all. I do not like to put anything on my face that has a flowery or perfume smell to it and I love that the Cetaphil products have no smell to them at all.

Not For Oily Skin

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15:

I have very sensitive skin plus acne issues so my dermatologist recommended the Cetaphil line of products to calm my skin. It's very tough to find a moisturizer with an SPF that does not clog my pores and cause breakouts. Unfortunately this was not the solution for me and still made me break out.

I used this daily for about a month on my dermatologist's recommendation and I really liked that it was super easy to dispense with the pump. I never ended up with tons leftover on my hands that I had to wipe off. This dispenses exactly what you need.

I also really liked that this is a combination moisturizer and sunscreen in one. The fewer products I have to use on my already sensitive skin the better.

What I did not like was that although it is lightweight it was not lightweight enough for my oily skin and it made my skin much too oily even by midmorning. My skin just could not handle all that extra moisture along with the sunscreen component, especially in the summer.

I also did not like that this made me break out. It was probably due to all the extra oil but between the breakouts and the oil it just was not a wonderful experience for me.

This is a good brand with a solid reputation but it just did not work well with my skin.