View more crock pots slow cookers

Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:
Crock-Pot
MGDSSCVP609-SP
Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker

Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker

The Crock Pot Slow Cooker is an excellent addition to my kitchen

I absolutely love this slow cooker. I used to have a different kind and after many years of use I decided it was time to get one with addtional features which mine didn't have previously. I like to put a meal in the slow cooker and leave it cooking all day so when I come home (like from church or work) the house smells incredibly delicious and a good hot meal is waiting for me and my family. I love this Crock Pot because it has settings which you can set for the length of time that you want it to cook and then it automatically switches itself to warm. My old pot didn't have that feature and sometimes when I wouldn't make it home in time to turn the cooker off then the food would get overcooked or burned. Now that never happens and the meals stay warm and just wait for us. It's super. My husband loves that the meat stays juicy (it doesn't get dry from overcooking). I have always loved the ease of the slow cooker but this gives an added benefit which is great. I probably use my slow cooker even more now. I use it about 4 times a week because it has a removable pot which is dishwasher safe, nothing sticks and my family really likes it. I would definitely get another Crock Pot if something happened to this one and I have recommended it to both of my daughters.

Don't set at high temp with hinge top

About 2 years ago my wife and I purchased the slow cooker from wal mart and she thought something else was perfect for her, and I mentioned this slow cooker. Well, needless to say, who won the disagreement. However, my wife's argument was the fact that her mother has a tendency to set things for a long time in the cooker and that a lid with a hinge may not be the best possible scenario. I wanted to impress her, and this looked like something to impress her with. It was the biggest one and more expensive one on the shelf at that time, and I was not going to back down. It also came with the green spoon. We gave it to her, and her mother's eyes lit up, and I knew I had made the right choice. One day as we came back, she told us she had bad news, she said, I am not sure what happened, but the hinge, just broke off. I took a look and have fixed it for her since then, but you can't open it all the way or else it will fall off. Thing is, other than that, the slow cooker has been working for two years, and the other ones, that are smaller have given out, while this one keeps on going.

A must have!

from Bath, PA

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

Not one complaint. It's huge, works perfectly and so easy to clean. I would buy this one over any other I have had. We have had it for a while and use it for everything form pasta sauce to roasts to soup. It makes dinner so simple. I just set it and dinner is ready later on for me. No rushing around to get it ready. Clean up is so simple. It washes by hand great and also in the dish washer.

It lasts for ever

• Time to Heat:
  • Cooking Performance:

Never a last minute rush to make dinner anymore!

from Loveland, CO

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I have a family of six, and after a busy day it's always a chore to figure out what to make for dinner! I purchased this crock pot about 6 months ago after my smaller one just wasn't doing the trick anymore.

I love the large, oval size. The only problem I have found is with a larger, round ham. I've had to cut the top off when possible to fit into the oval sized pot.

The handle also came off of my lid and my husband drilled a hole through the plastic handle and put screws in to hold it on. (which in turn ended up rusting a little)

The pot saves a lot time time and mess in the kitchen. It is was great to make something in the morning and then be able to forget about it until supper is ready to serve!

I have purchased several crock pot cooks now, and there is no end to what you can make in this great pot! One suggestion I have is to buy the slow cooker liners, they save your pot as well as the clean up time!

• Time to Heat:
  • Cooking Performance:

LOVE my crock pot!

from Willow Grove, PA

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I received this crock pot as a shower gift when I got married 8 years ago. I LOVE it. We use it all the time. We really like to try new recipes in it.

It is so easy to use. Mostly you just dump the ingredients in and let it cook all day. If you work, you can let it cook all day while you are gone and come home to a nice warm meal. So convenient!

It has quite a few settings depending on what you want to do. There is a high 2 hour, a high 4 hour, a low 6 hour and a low 8 hour. I use the low 8 hour the most. It basically simmers all day while I am working and I come home to a wonderfully smelling home and a nice hot dinner.

After the time you select (such as 8 hours) is up it will automatically switch to a WARM setting. That way you don't have to worry about the food overcooking or burning.

It's also great for hot summer days - you don't have to turn on the oven and add more heat to the house!

Dinner Is Always Ready

from Van Nuys, CA

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I am a busy working mom. Before the kids and I even get to the door they are asking what is for dinner. I love that I can tell them dinner is ready. Actually, they like to see what I am making in the mornings before we even leave. This slow cooker has a cook timer with automatic six hour warmer. So, I can actually cook the food for the correct amount of time, even if I am not home yet, and then keep it warm until I arrive. I am not knocking my older slow cooker but this is leaps and bounds better than any model without a timer or warmer. It has the silicone around the edges of the lid which is such a bonus because I am always afraid I will break mine. I really like the brushed steel exterior with the black crock inside. It looks very nice on the counter. In today's economy, when you cannot find quality glassware anywhere, I was expected a cheap thin crock. I love that the crock is so heavy because I know that it will last and not break into a million pieces at the slightest bump. You will be very happy with this model.

Slow cooker is my cooker!

from Clarksburg, MD

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I absolutly love my crock-pot slower cooker. It has a low and high setting with a built in timer and warmer. I look the most conforting foods with out the trouble of having to worry about the oven or stove top. I make mac & cheese, chili, bbq chicken n pork, pot roast and more. the crock pot is so versatile and a convenienve for busy people which I am. I enjoy cooking with it and have never had any problems leaving it on for hours. The meat i cook always turns out so tender and so full of flavor like old fashion long cooking. My husband uses every year to make his famous and fabulous chili during football season. He used to start the day before cooking the meat ALL day on the stove top. That was annoying having the stove on for 8hrs and think about the amount of electricity that used. The crock pot is like a small appliance and uses less energy then having the stove on all day. The pot that cooks the food is machine washable so a very big convenience.

Just "Ok" Sunbeam Slow Cooker!

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I own several crock pots. I love the ease of use and convenience of cooking in a crock pot. It allows my family to have homecooked meals on busy days and days when only dad is home with them.

This specific crock pot is nice and big at 6quarts.

This Sunbeam slow cooker is programable. You set the temperature and length of time it needs to cook. Once that time is up it automatically sets itself to "warm" Its great in theory, but if youre not careful you wont actually start the darn thing. It requires you to push "start/stop" for each setting.

Ive also found that it tends to cook faster and hotter than my other crock pots. Ive burnt several meals in this crock pot on days that I havent been around to monitor it. I still use it regularly, but always make sure its on days that im home.

It is easy to clean. And, again, big.

I think if they redesigned the few flaws it would be a favorite.

For the price its still a good pick.

Most useful appliance for a busy schedule.

from Johnson City, TN

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

Like so many people, I have a busy schedule. I'm a grad student and I work a part time job. I love home cooked meals, but with my schedule I can barely find time to cook. I'm hungry by the time I get home. My **Crock-Pot 16-quart slow cooker  **helps me make healthy meals that are ready when I walk in the door.

The **Crock-Pot 16-quart slow cooker **is good quality with consistent results. I never have to worry that the "low" will be too hot or the "high" will be too cool. With the **Crock-Pot 16-quart slow cooker **I know what kind of results I will be getting. I have recommended and even bought it for friends. I love my **Crock-Pot 16-quart slow cooker. **

The price is medium range and it's totally worth the money. It makes a great present for friends or family. I use my **Crock-Pot 16-quart slow cooker **all the time and would recommend it to anyone with a busy schedule who wants to make healthy meals for their self and their family.

This is the best Crock Pot Ever!

from Vienna, GA

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

In the past, I have never really cared about using crock pots other than perhaps for Chili. Now that I have this 6 quart crock pot, I love cooking everything with it. I even use my 6 quart crock pot for my favorite turkey breast. Get up on Sunday morning put turkey breast or roast in crock pot and

when you get home from church, dinner is ready, tender and delicious. Used to eat out a lot because I am not a cook, but I feel like a great cook using this crock pot. Buy one, you will be glad you did, actual pot goes into dishwasher and is pretty server also.

I love my crock pot and use it 3-4 times daily

from davie, FL

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I love my crock pot and use it 3-4 times daily.  I cook lots of recipes.  My family and friends love the outcome of the recipes.

I entertain 3-4 times monthly and havce 30-40 people each time.  My family and I cook and bake in our crock pots.  I have 4 of the same crock pots.

I would recommend the crock pot to anyone.  It is especially time effective as a working woman.  I can start my dinner in the am before I leave and when I come home, I have a healthy, great tasting dinner.

I Love my Crock Pot slow cooker!!!

from Tifton, GA

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I bought my Crock Pot 6 qt. slow cooker a few months ago and we love it!  I'm not a fan of cooking at all and with my new crock pot I can throw something in the crock pot and go. Check on the food every now and again and it turns out fantasic. It's easy to use and cleans up in a snap.