Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Crock-Pot 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

Made tender beef stews

I am obsessed with kitchen gadgets and feel like I have to own one of each of them, which is the main reason why I bought a crock pot. It sounds like the perfect appliance for a busy single person who wants to eat healthy and hearty meals. And it is! I just don’t use it as often as I should, given all it’s potential. I know people who have baked desserts in their crock pots but I haven’t done this yet. Nor have I transported it to someone else’s house for a pot luck dinner. I’ve just made the traditional stews for myself – put some beef, potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, crushed black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce in the crock pot in the morning before work. Then come home 12 hours later to a yummy dinner that’s waiting for me! Since I’m only one person I chose this model, which isn’t too big. I’d get sick of eating this too many times as leftovers and this isn’t the kind of food I’d brown bag for lunch. I’ve found this easy to clean – the hardest part for me is to get to the grocery store to buy all these ingredients – but I can’t fault the crock pot for that.

Time to Heat
I don't usually notice how long it takes to heat up, as the recipes I follow say to put the ingredients into a cold crock pot. Shortly after that I'm already out the door and on my way to work!

Cooking Performance
I've only used my crock pot to make beef stews but I thought it came out great - no culinary experience needed - just ingredients, liquid, and wait hours and then it came out juicy, tender, and very flavorful without using any oil.

There's only two parts to clean - the pot and the lid - and just a cutting board and knives to prep the ingredients so it's pretty easy cleanup - the pot wipes out nicely and because it's white I can be extra sure I got everything out.

The recipes I've made are really easy - just a few ingredients, set the timer, and come back hours later to dinner. Couldn't be easier!

It's not modern looking and doesn't blend in with my kitchen so I don't keep it out on my countertop - I put it away in a cabinet.

I haven't used mine enough to really test the durability but it seems to be of good quality and I can't see it breaking down or malfunctioning on me any time soon.

nice slow cooker

I am always on the go and almost never have time to eat supper, let alone fix it, but my husband would not appreciate that lol. My solution was to buy a slow cooker. So many options! I admit, I was very flustered by all the choices. Being on a budget, but value concious as well, I found this little beauty. Its just my husband and I (my infant daughter is on formula so no real food yet, although I do believe this slow cooker will be ample for the three of us when she is older), and this slow cooker holds plenty for the both of us. Plus, it takes up very little counter space and is not an eyesore like some kitchen appliances! Now I can throw dinner(or lunch or breakfast!) In the slow cooker any time I want and come home to a great meal(no more money wasted on fast food!) And not worry about it. The one thing I have found ( and the only reason this slow cooker does not get a five star rating) is that sometimes it cooks the food unevenly, and occasionaly burns even on the lowest setting. But, I do believe it it a great value for the price. I would reccomend this slow cooker if you are on a tight budget and want a hassle free (or very slight hassle) meal. If you have a bit more to spend, however, opt for a better model that cooks more even.

Perfect Sized Crockpot

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

This crockpot is just right for any and all cooking. It is the old "manual" type by setting it manually to either low, high or off, but it's just right by me. I have had it for so many years that I have no idea how old it is. I use it many times throughout each month making all sorts of dishes, but mostly slow cooking meats. The inner part, the pot, removes so you can serve right out of it and then your food stays really hot. Easy to clean with or without using any spray cleaner. You may need to use a scrubby. I truly like my crockpot and won't be upgrading to any newer version as I really like this one.

Time to Heat
I think this crockpot heats in an ample amount of time without burning anything.

Cooking Performance
It has always cooked my food perfectly. I mostly slow cook meats and they turn out oh so good.

Cleaning is pretty easy. Just wipe the outer part of the unit. The inner part may need some spray before adding the food to be cooked. Worse come to worse, you may need to use a scrubby pad to get the ring off of the inside.

oh so easy to use. Nothing to it. Set it either to low or high.

the oval shape works well for chickens or roasts.

My crockpot has lasted so long that I'm not sure how long I've had it.

Does the job well!

from Donna, TX

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

Great product for slow cooking! Always gets the job done! I highly recommend not spending so much money. This one is affordable and great for small families or side items for larger families.

Time to Heat
Within a few minutes it is very hot! Sometimes it is hot to the touch within seconds. I have to get all my ingredients ready fast.

Cooking Performance
Has always done its job! Never had to put it for a longer period of time and keeps the food warm too.

Love how easy it is to clean! I have never had any problems cleaning this product. I don't have to leave it soaking over night or anything.

Just turn it on, add the food and put the lid on. Has easy to read temperature settings as well.

Love to simple design. Matches with most modern kitchens. You can choose from different colors if you wish.

The inside isn't so pretty, but you don't cook on there. I have to move it a lot and it looks like new. It has lasted several holidays as well.

Great for Smaller Slow Cooked Meals

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

My boyfriend bought this for me to use at his home. I love to make food in crock pots as it is easy and the food is always great tasting. For two people, however, I do not need a big 8 quart crock-pot so that is where this one comes in. It has a very nice, clean, sleek, modern looking design and does not take up as much room on a counter as the eight quart crock pots. I can easily make a small pot of chili or stew and even soup in it. I use it all the time in the winter. The pot heats up quickly and the heat is evenly distributed. I just add all my ingredients, turn it on low and let it cook all day. It has a setting for low heat, high heat and a keep warm setting. I cook on the low setting as I let it go all day but you can cook your meals on high and they will be done sooner and then just turn it on warm. I have had this crock-pot for at least two years now and have had no problems at all with it. It cleans up very easily and the pot is not too heavy or bulky. It does not take up a lot of space on your counter top either. So far it has been very durable. It heats up quickly and it is easy to use. I definitely recommend this crock pot. It is inexpensive and worth every cent.

Decent...for the Price

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

Currently this is the crock pot that I am using. Unlike some people, I do not use it all of the time, but I do use it an average of once or twice per week.

There is a warm and a high and a low setting and this is probably my biggest disappointment. I like better control over what I am cooking.

The clear lid is pretty awesome because it lets you see the foods as they are cooking. it has a nice simmer when low or medium is used, and even on high it doesn't overheat.

I think that food cooks pretty quickly in the crockpot, and it is compatible to more expensive machines.

The crock pot is big enough to make servings for four people but for my family, it is enough for 2 people! LOL!

The pan is easy to remove, and clean up is also pretty simple.

You can make a variety of different meals in the crockpot, so versatility is always a good thing.

Cooking Performance
I find that this crockpot cooks meals pretty quickly

The removable dish is easy to clean. No complaints here.

• Cooking Performance:

Perfect Size for 3 or 4 people.

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

I found that this is a perfect size for 3 or 4 people. Just the right size for a small family. I have a larger crock pot but rarely need to use it as i can make a meal for about 5 adults depending on what I'm cooking. I have cooked soups, stews, pot roast, brisket, pulled pork and chicken in this pot and have even used it for making yogurt. The oval shape works well for long cuts of meat. I usually use the low setting for cooking and then the warm setting to keep it hot til everyone has their dinner. Easy to use and clean as well. There hasn't been really any stuck or burnt on food so i just soak the cooled off pot in hot soapy water. When it comes to clean up because of its size it's easy to put in the sink and not too heavy.
This is a great kitchen gadget for the money.

Let the crock cool off and then fill it with hot soapy water. Let it soak a bit and everything will cleanup with ease.

High Low or Warm.

The Oval shape is good for long roasts.

Wonderful Crock Pot!

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

I bought this crock pot over three years ago and I love it! I use it all the time! It works perfect for potlucks at church and taking food to friends and families homes! I also love it for slow cooked meals at home! The temperature is accurate and works very well! It does not work to heat something if you are in a hurry! I tried this once and it did not work, but if you have plenty of time it works wonderfully!

Time to Heat
This product heats well, but it is a slow cooker...don't expect to heat/cook things quickly!

Cooking Performance
This product cooks perfectly! I use it all the time!

This crock pot actually cleans up very easily! I like to soak it in water for a little while before I wash it and it comes clean very easily! Or just put it in the dishwasher it cleans up very well!

This pot is very easy to use! I love it!

I love this design...it is perfect!

I am very happy with the quality of this product! It seems to be holding up very well!

Good for Small Crock Pot

from Utah

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

We were given this crock pot for our wedding, and it worked great when there were just two of us. But as our family has grown, we have found that it is somewhat small for cooking larger meals. So if someone only needs a small one for a couple people, then it is great. Otherwise, they probably need to invest in one that's a little bigger (as we will be doing soon).

The inside part where the food sits is easily removed, and it usually is pretty easy to get clean when washing by hand. Occasionally something that has been cooked on needs to be soaked in order to get it off (such as when juice was splashed up on the side when stirring and cooked onto the side).

The biggest complains I have about this crock pot concern its design. The cord is not very long, meaning that it must sit very close to an outlet. Since we have small counters to begin with, this is not very convenient at all. On top of this, the outside part has a thin metal band at the very top that gets extremely hot. The side of the pot can be easily touched and the porcelain inside can be easily touched while this band is still extremely hot and can quickly give a nasty burn. We have found out the hard way how careful we must be when handling this part of the crock pot after it has been on.

Still going strong!

from Kansas

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

My mom originally owned this crockpot then got a new one and handed this one down to me. She had it for 4 years prior to giving it to me and now I've had it for 2. So firstly, the crock pot LASTS and is a great investment. Those of us who use slow cookers know how awesome they are, basically just throw some ingredients in and walk away. So if you are not familiar with using a slow cooker, give it a try, they're great!

Pro's:

This crockpot may outlive me
It is SIMPLY
It has 3 settings, keep warm, low, and high
It's not too big that it takes up a lot of space, but big enough to put large amounts of food in
Well, slow cookers are just amazing, toss the food items in, in the morning and you have dinner done without doing a thing!
The pot part is easy to remove and clean

Con's:

The outside part of the crockpot gets a little warm so just make sure nothing it up against it

I HIGHLY recommend this crockpot, it's GREAT!

Little Red!

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

We just got this Crock Pot and all though we already had a couple, we added this one to the collection. There were several things that stood out to me on the first time using it. The top is incredible, it is plastic and light which is in complete contrast to the glass tops that I am used to dealing with on crock pots. This is really cool because taking them top off of something really hot is difficult enough without the top being heavy also. When I first started cooking the roast in it, I wasn't sure it was going to work. It seemed like it took forever to tell it was cooking, but then once it started cooking on the high level, it was cooking really well. I am not sure I will cook on the high level with it if nobody is home to watch it. Also, this crock pot did not clean as easily as the one we already had made by the same company, but it did clean up nonetheless. Ours came with a carrying bag which is cool if you want to take the food somewhere which is also a plus. This model also is rather inexpensive and works well. The Crock Pot brand works well and if you are looking for a great crock pot, or for a great gift, I suggest going with this one!

My favorite wedding present

Comments about Crock-Pot 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

My crock pot is very useful. My uncle got my husband and I this crockpot for our wedding. He chose a red crock pot because it matched the rest of our kitchen. I'm not sure how many of you have been a young woman newly married, but this crock pot has been a lifesaver. I am a terrible cook and can rarely find the time. Finding recipes for the crock pot and using the crock pot is simple and is not time consuming at all. Also, clean up is super simple for the crock pot since they have started making liner that goes in the crock pot while cooking.

Time to Heat
The crock pot heats very quickly. It also heats very well. It heats so quickly that if you have to cook something for a certain period of time that you can start the timer as soon as you turn the crock pot on and start the timer at the same time.

Cooking Performance
Everything I have made in the crockpot has been great. I love crock pot recipes. They always taste great.

The crock pot could be designed the travel with a little more easily