3.8
Other E-commerce Websites:
Home and Garden Websites, Computers and Electronics Websites

3.8

Brookstone.com

Brookstone.com is more of an upscale gadget store. They sell stuff like massaging chairs, tablet accessories, remote control toys, cool grilling items, stereos, outdoor items, and a good selection of home spa items. This is a very cool site to shop for presents as they sell a lot of neat unique items. I bought my foot massager from here, and while yes they are pricey, the quality is unbeatable. They do offer free shipping often and frequent sales.

They have a long list of categories on the left hand side, just select where you want to begin and start scrolling through.

Product Selection
Huge selection of really cool technical type gadgets and cool stuff for your home. They have a large selection of outdoor items as well.

Product Pricing
They are pricey but quality is unbelievable. They do not sell cheaply made items and items are built to last.

Customer Service
Very helpful when you need them.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is usually free if you spend a certain amount. My items came fast and packaged very well.

Don't Buy Online

Ordered on Black Friday all orders over $99 free shipping unless you use a coupon code apparently. Order Tracking is broken my order doesn't even appear correctly. When I call to inquire all the automated system can do is repeat what the website says and hang up on me when I tell it I want to speak to someone. I call back and apparently all the "dedicated customer care advocate" can do is take orders and can't help me with my order. She can't transfer me either but gives me a number to call. I call that number and here we go again with the same thing! Made a full circle there. What happened to my item Brookstone? Why can't anyone talk to me about it? How many more times do I need to call and email? This was going to be a Christmas present!

Web site is too crowded too many categories. Difficult to navigate. Order tracking isn't accurate. Can only use one coupon at a time and if you use a coupon you get charged shipping despite any ongoing offer to give you free shipping. If paying with Paypal it takes the email associated with Paypal and not the one you provide then they proceed to spam the hell out of you. Thanks for the 5 emails in one day Brookstone. I don't know what I would have done without them.

Product Selection
Lots of things...too many things....

Product Pricing
Many things you can find else where. Prices are inflated need to use coupons to bring them down to normal price.

Customer Service
Most unhelpful people. Just get bumped around and went around in circles. No one can look up orders all they can do is take orders. Transfer system was broken when I called can't transfer me. Was given a "direct line" to call which sent me back to the same automated line and into the hands of more useless "dedicated customer care advocates" Trying to email them now but my hopes aren't up very high. Been an hour and still no response.

Shipping and Returns
Was charged for shipping despite the special ($9.99 to ship? Really?). Packages were sent in several separate packages instead of just one (oh so that's where my $10 went). Items missing from my order and missing from my order number but wasn't notified of any change to my order or refunded any amount.

Don't Buy Online

Product Selection
Lots of things...too many things....

• Product Selection:
  • Product Pricing:
  • Customer Service:
  • Shipping and Returns:

Customer Service
Very helpful when you need them.

• Product Selection:
  • Product Pricing:
  • Customer Service:
  • Shipping and Returns:

VERY cool store!

from Greer, SC

Comments about Brookstone.com:

Our family loves to visit this store, but we don't always have the time so it is so awesome to be able to pop on Brookstone.com to browse around. It has been my experience that the customer service is great and the products are TOO COOL!!! We love all the gadgets and neat products. My husband loves to look at all the neat grill and outdoor items for camping or grilling out and my girls love to look at just about anything. If you have a hard to buy for person in your family I am certain you will be able to find them a unique gift at Brookstone.com. Brookstone.com can be a bit pricey, but for the quality and uniqueness of the items you'll find there I'm sure you'll find the prices aren't too outrageous. We have really enjoyed visiting this site and buying from our local Brookstone store. We would highly recommend shopping at this store. We love the brick and mortar store to be able to test our and touch the items for ourselves, but in a pinch Brookstore.com is AWESOME as well. Unique gifts, great experience, awesome customer service, and quality. It does not get better than Brookstone.com!

Love Brookstone!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Brookstone.com:

I absolutely love Brookstone! While it's fun to see their cool and unique items in person at their brick and mortar store, I often prefer to order online. This is especially true at Christmas time when I'm beyond busy.
I utilized Brookstone.com this past Christmas. I ordered a Brookstone Boogie board for my three year old daughter. It's an LCD writing tablet that she can practice writing on and then clear by pressing a single button when she's done. The screen goes blank and she can start fresh all over again. It's very cool, and just one example of the fun and unique gifts that can be found at Brookstone.com!
Another bonus to shopping online instead of in the store is that there are items that are exclusively offered online. I came across so many cool gadgets online that were not available in the store.
The web site is set up nicely. It's simple to navigate. Checkout is fast and easy as well.

Lots of Clever Gadgets and Ideas All on One Site

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Brookstone.com:

Brookstone has always had some very innovative products that are fun to explore! I have a store locally that I frequent but when I can't get to the mall or need a gift idea that is different and unique , I visit Brookstone.com. Brookstone.com carries a huge array of products from sports to furniture and everything in between. They have a large selection of electronics, bedroom items, household items, personal items, and so much more. The site is easy to use. Items are broken into categories and also categories such as gifts for him or gifts for her. They have great sales on some items and the prices are always fair and comparable with other stores or websites. The shipping is fairly reasonable and the items come quickly and are generally always in stock. If you are looking for a unique item, you are sure to find one here. The selection is amazing and the prices are right. You should definitely check out this website.

Brookstone’s website allows you to still shop for cool gadgets!

from Guilford, CT

Comments about Brookstone.com:

I love browsing in store at Brookstone because of all the cool gadgets they have. However, I noticed these days that there are less and less Brookstone brick and mortar stores in the malls. Brookstone.com offers you an array of cool products on their website just like in store. In my opinion, the website is a little disorganized and somewhat cluttered with products on the main page. I feel like a redesigning and restructuring of the website would make me more likely to shop online on their website. I have purchased some items on Brookstone.com but it took me longer than expected to search for the products on the website. There is too much information all at once and also the font they use to list categories of items is comparably smaller than other websites. Overall, I like the products available on Brookstone.com but the website is in need of a redesign to enhance shopping experience.

Site Has Some Unusual Items, Buy When On Sale

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Brookstone.com:

I enjoy shopping at Brookstone.com because they do have some unusual items. Some of their items are overpriced, but some are not---especially if you find a sale.

If you shop at Brookstone.com, you should look at their sales and special offers. For example, I've always been able to get free shipping.

They do have good quality items. For example, I have bought socks and blankets from Brookstone's Nap brand. They say they are the softest ones available and I really think they are and they are also well made.

They also have some unusual items that would make good gifts. For example, the Nap items including throws and robes are so soft that I think they would make a nice .... sort of decadent gift. They have items that many people would want but may not buy for themselves including a lot of travel items and gadgets.

My items have always been delivered in a reasonable amount of time and they arrived in good order (though I never bought bulky or delicate items).

Expensive toys for the person who has everything

from north augusta sc

Comments about Brookstone.com:

This store has the most unique toys for the guy or gal who has everything! The website is well organized by category. There are so many gifts to choose from on the website. You can filter the results from price ranges that are easily found on the left side. I also found coupons on the website for fifteen dollars off my purchase! I bought some gifts for my wife's father using this web site. Every gift is a bit expensive, but it is worth the look on the recipient's face when they open the gift! I purchased some stainless steel ice cubes that you put in drinks. The ice cubes do not water down the beverage but keeps it cold! I also got a wine air rater from the website! The gifts were packaged professionally and were shipped very fast! The shipping was a little expensive, but the gifts arrived undamaged. I also had the items gift wrapped for a little extra charge. The gift wrapping was perfect, and it was much better than I could do. I gave this 6 out of 10 because of the high prices of the gifts.

Good Ideas

Comments about Brookstone.com:

I like to visit this website when I'm out of ideas for what to get someone as a gift. The website is full of wonderful ideas, stuff you didn't think you'd need or stuff you never thought existed. That one item that reminds you of that one friend. I could browse the website for hours, I actually find it enjoyable. That being said, most of the time I try to find so said items elsewhere when I do get the idea. Brookstone is just a bit overpriced for my liking. Every now and then I'll get something on sell and save it for later. Shipping isn't to my liking either but if its a good sale it's worth it. Recently bought a Amaryllis Coffee Mug Faux Bois on sale for $4, shipping bought it to $12. Considering it was originally $30 I thought it was worth it. Checkout was real easy. I like they have Paypal as a option, as not all retailers do. And amazingly you can apparently pay with Amazon, I haven't done so yet so I don't know how it goes but that's cool.

Functional, not fun

from Denver, CO

Comments about Brookstone.com:

Brookstone is one of those stores that sells stuff you never knew you needed, or would make cool gifts for "the person who has everything." The store itself is fun to explore when you're killing time in the mall, as it has an eclectic selection of kitchen gadgets, automotive accessories, portable lights, handheld massagers, magnifying mirrors and much more.

Sadly, the website is not at all reflective of the store's fun and "explore me" personality. The site is very text heavy, feels like more of an offprice/big lots type selling environment, and you don't get a sense that the products are of decent quality. It's easy to navigate if you can handle a lot of small type (or enlarge your font size), and is intuitively laid out. One of the nice features is the star ratings, so you can read reviews and easily comparison shop within a category. They also have suggestions for other products you might be interested in, which is nice if you're looking for a gift that's a bit off the beaten path.

All in all, a decent site, but not reflective of the store's personality.