4.8

Bose - Wave Radio II

4.8

GREAT !!

from Mesa, AZ

Pros

• Accurate Controls
  • Compact
  • Easy To Set Up
  • Good Sound

Cons

• Poor Reception

• Audiophiles
  • Basic Systems
  • Larger Rooms
  • Smaller Rooms
  • Tv Speaker

Comments about Bose - Wave Radio II:

I have always wanted one, and I didn't go wrong ! Great sound. The radio pickup isn't that great, but I do live out in the mtns and that is not unusual. WOnderful touch on and off and the cd player is marvelous. Sounds like a big stereo with standing speakers. Using it as a TV speaker also is good. Brings the set sound out like surround sound.

• Was this a gift?:

Small box, BIG Bang

Comments about Bose - Wave Radio II:

Can't say enough about how surprised I was to have a live concert in my house. This system has the most amazing room filling sound. Music can be loud on other units but it's not music till you heard it Bose way. Instruments, vocals... WoW. Anything you throw at it sounds better than it ever did. Definitely a must buy, head over to wherever you can get a demonstration of this machine and you will not be sorry. Makes any room sound like a concert hall or studio. I only have one gripe with the remote controls awkward round flat battery but all in all two thumbs up Bose.

Superb sound quality in any room of your home!

from Miramar Beach, FL

Comments about Bose - Wave Radio II:

What a wonderful gift!  It's the only sound system you need for a small apartment and is ideal for seniors in small living quarters.  It's compact design lets you enjoy outstanding sound quality almost anywhere in your home and the box fades into the background.  BOSE lives up to its hype!  Stations are easily set and the remote makes it very handy. It has additional inputs/outlets so you can connect your television and enjoy those wonderful cable tv music stations without turning on the television.  We have found it to be the best radio in the house for listening to sporting events.  In fact, we often turn off the t.v. audio  and watch the picture while listening to the game on the radio.  The CD player is easy to use with superior sound.   The LED clock is easily seen.  I wish I could afford one for each room of the house however it's pricey.  Of course, we've all learned--you get what you pay for.

Bose - Wave Radio II sounds is fine

from Daly City, CA

Comments about Bose - Wave Radio II:

Bose - Wave Radio II sounds is fine.  It has nice sound for its money.  Lots of power;  ; The Auxillary inputs; has modern look. .  The speaker system is very ok.  This little radio pumps out some serious sound.  The sound is very clear, crisp, and very loud.  I cannot believe that that much sounds comes out of the small speakers.  I use the radio mostly for the alarm clock, and also all the time around the house and also as an entertainment system for the kitchen.  I connect my ipod to the Bose radio so I can wake up to my favorite music if I want.  I also downloaded relaxation sounds (like rain) and play it out of the Bose wave radio to fall asleep at night.  It is very compact and looks so sleek on your nightstand.  Does not take up alot of room either which is great.  Very easy to operate and you will have music pumping out of your wave radio in minutes.  Definitely worth the price, but you get what you pay for.

Bose wave Highest quality sound

from Salisbury, NC

Comments about Bose - Wave Radio II:

I have had a Wave for about 3 years I have it in my office for when  I want to wind down . It has perfect sound it is not to be compared to. The only thing that you can compare it to is their 901's  that I have in the living room with another system . The wave Cd player has such clear sound that you would swear that you are standing next to where the music is coming from.

Is it cheap no is it quality? YES . Its like buying a cheap bed you buy a cheap bed you lay on it as I say. Do not take my word for it . I think that you can get a trail run of the wave! They are so confident in their product. The Wave from Bose is small but it has a very very big sound! With its direct reflective system the sound is all around the room. It is designed so that the sound waves move in all directions.

This is a Top of the line sound system something that will last for years . Like a fine piece of funture.

Bose Wave Radio/Cd is Quality!!

from SmallTown, TX

Comments about Bose - Wave Radio II:

The Bose store is awesome. They allow you to listen to the music in an enclosed area so you get the full effect of what this sound system can do. I was just amazed at the beauty of this system. The sound is crisp and clear, every time. The clock radio is great, You can set it once and when it goes off, hit the button and it automatically remembers to go off the next day at the same time. There are two alarms on this machine making it ideal for sleepers that need to wake at different times. Plus, you can wake to the alarm or music. It is your preference. Granted, it is a pricey machine, but if you are looking for quality and beautiful sound, this is a great machine to consider. I highly recommend this wonderful radio.

Bose is absolutely the best radio you can purchase!!

from small town, OH

Comments about Bose - Wave Radio II:

When the clock radio in our bedroom died, we went shopping, and when we heard the great sound that eminated from the Bose Wave, we were sold on the spot.  The Bose Wave is compact , yet it contains amplifiers and speakers, a CD player, and a digital FM/AM tuner which are all built in.  There is an easy to use remote - which my husband loves.  You just have to hear the sound quality that comes out of this compact unit for it is clear and true and the tones are pure regardless of the volume setting.  Yes, the purchase price is more than you want to spend for a radio to be used in a bedroom, but once hearing the sound quality you will want no other.  The sound seems to surround you and fill the room with music.  I frequently play some CD's  on the Bose Wave during the day and I am able to hear music practicually thoughout my house; and often when having friends over for the evening, I have my Bose Wave playing in the background.  I have recommended the Bose Wave to family and friends, and after hearing the radio play, they agree that the Bose Wave is, by far, the best radio you can purchase and well worth the price.

The Bose Wave Radio is impressive for its size

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Bose - Wave Radio II:

The Bose Wave Radio packs an impressive punch into its tiny form factor.  Sounds of high, medium, and low frequencies are clear and strong.  The unit can fill a medium-sized room (like a bedroom or kitchen) with sound, It's small size makes it particularly attractive for this environment.  Thanks to the auxiliary inputs I can use the unit as a desktop computer sound system, CD player, and radio simultaneously.

Unfortunately, the auxiliary inputs are also the unit's saving grace.  Alone, the CD player is glitchy and I don't get very good radio reception with the built-in antenna (compared to, say, my car radio).  However, this shouldn't be a problem if you are like me and hardly ever listen to radio or use physical CDs. For some reason, the unit often has trouble finding tracks on a CD, and CDs skip more often in this unit than in other CD players I've used.

Finally, I can attest to the durability of the Wave Radio: I've owned mine for about ten years and it works as well now as it did when it was brand new.  The remote control is even still running on the same battery!

Love Love Love it

from Bloomfield, IA

Comments about Bose - Wave Radio II:

Purchased this for my husband (who has everything) for Christmas. Didn't know if it would really be that much better than you everyday radio . . . Well, it is! The sound is unbelieveably great and he truly enjoys it.

The ultimate music system !!

from Portage, MI

Comments about Bose - Wave Radio II:

You couldn't ask for better sound from anything.  This radio + cd player will fill up a room and / or house with absolutely gorgeous sound.  Even at the top sound level of 99, there is no distortion.  The radio gets perfect reception and there are presets to set up to tune digitally.  The alarm has many different options, so no matter how you want to wake up, you can find a custom made setting that will suit you.  It is very compact and has a small footprint wherever you set it down.  I have in my office.  My desk is not that big and it really doesn't take up much space.  There are several inputs and outputs on the back.  I have hooked it up to the big tv to test as a home theater system.  The sound there was incredible as only Bose could be.  The surround effect with movies was as good (probably better) than my current home theater system.  I will probably go ahead and sell the home theatre and hook up the Wave to use full-time.  Even sitting in the living room, cranking up the sound for CD's, fills up the house.  I couldn't love this any more than I do!!!  It is awesome!