4.8

4.8

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

AWESOME!!! SOOOOO WORTH THE MONEY!

Seriously...don't waste your money on any other docking station. &250+ may seem like a lot of money, but if you love listening to your iPod this thing truly makes the music sound incredible especially for the small-ish size. Just bought it for my husband for C-mas and we've been using it every day and it's very portable throughout the house (i.e. teenage party in basement or even out by pool). We also have the Bose stereo w/ multi CD player and that's awesome, too, but we got that prior to the whole iPod thing really taking off and I don't think Bose even made this docking station then. While we can hook up an iPod to the stereo, something is lost w/ the connection in that you really have to crank up the volume to hear it, not to mention you have to have a separate adapter and monkeying around w/ plugging it in, etc. With the Bose docking station you just place it on there and you're ready to go, plus it charges the iPod at the same time. Now go buy it! :) (BTW I'm reviewing the one you plug in--it's not the portable one w/ a rechargeable battery. But I still consider this portable if you want to move it to different rooms or easily take it to someone else's house.)

Great for the average user.

I had been shopping around for a good iPod dock/speaker system to use for excercising to and I found my Bose. I do like it because it has clear audio and adjusts to different genres pretty well. If you're a sound geek like I am, you aren't presented with as many options as you'd like. First off, the speakers are only pointed straight forward, so when I'm working out, I have to have it pointed straight towards me to get the full sound.

IPod station

from Libya

About Me Frequent Traveler, Student, Technically Challenged

Pros

• Easy To Transport
  • Fast Charge
  • Great Interface
  • Great Sound
  • Stylish

Cons

• DJ/Mixing
    • Portable Electronics

Comments about Bose Speakers - SoundDock - iPod Docking Station:

I liked his voice he was very cool
    The scarcity keeps for a long time

• Was this a gift?:

Am I At A Concert?

Comments about Bose Speakers - SoundDock - iPod Docking Station:

Nothing passes the time like music in the operating room. When I'm at work, I like to enjoy myself as much as possible. The Bose SoundDock IPod speakers are the best way to do it. The entire operating room sounds like a symphony orchestra.

The sound on these relatively small speakers is amazing. Quality wise, they nearly match my home stereo system. Thunderous bass rattles the walls; and the clarity is so precise, that even high volumes are not uncomfortable to the ears. When matched with quality music production, these speakers are a treat to the senses. Even my favorite classics sound new and fresh. Bose know their trade well.

Docking your IPod is extremely simple; just match up the opening of your IPod to the connector, and start blasting some tunes. Even the best IPod speaker is no match for a quality docking station. To go even further, no other docking station is a match for the Bose.

Top of the line.

The Bose SoundDock will outperform speakers twice its size.

Battery Life
    The battery life could be a little better; however, Bose includes an adapter. All you need is a plug.

We have yet to experience a need to replace these docking stations at work. I must reiterate; we don't use them occasionally, we used them all day; every day.

If you were to place the Bose docking station and an IPod in a crib, a toddler could figure out how to use it.

The design is sleek, but I do have one complaint. Since the docking station is fairly large, I have seen it get knocked over a few times.

Great sound!

Comments about Bose Speakers - SoundDock - iPod Docking Station:

Great quality and it has a clear and crisp sound. Love the bass and surround sound! Received it as a birthday gift last year and I fell in love with it. Use it everyday during my workouts, when I'm entertaining or simply to relax and unwind with some music. Highly recommend.

Awesome Sound Quality!

from Valparaiso, IN

Comments about Bose Speakers - SoundDock - iPod Docking Station:

I won this speaker in a raffle during a Mock Trial competition, and I am so Happy! It is quite expensive to pay for, but the sound quality is definitely worth it. After purchasing a converter to the new Apple dock, but it still works wonderfully. One thing I noticed is that the dock charges my iPod, so I don't have to worry about my iPod going dead while I'm listening to music. Also, I like the remote, because I hate being elbow deep in dishwater and having to try not to get my iPod wet to change the song. Instead its easy to just hit a button on the remote even if I'm not right there by the machine. As for sound quality, this system is almost better than the stereo system I had previously used that had a separate bass speaker. Where that speaker system could sometimes sound too bass-y, this one seems to have the sound and its components pre-fixed so that every song sounds just like it is supposed to.

• Battery Life:

The best speaker dock you can get.

from San Ysidro, CA

Comments about Bose Speakers - SoundDock - iPod Docking Station:

The bose sound dock is the best speaker system for a portable device you can buy it is expensive but worth every penny. I have never had any problems with it this is the original one it is sturdy it has incredible sound from such a small device and would definitely replace it with another if ever needed.

Sound Quality
    It has the best sound of any portable(ish) speaker for an ipod and has incredibly loud sound without distorting.

• Battery Life:

HUGE sound from a small item

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Bose Speakers - SoundDock - iPod Docking Station:

I have always loved Bose. From the huge sounds that it puts out, to the sleek and stylish look that it provides, Bose is a high quality company that I can always count on for a good product. I have had my sound dock for over 2 years now, and I have loved it! The sound is amazing, there is nothing better than pumping up the volume to your favorite song and just getting the chills because the sound is so crisp. It has easy volume control where the ipod sits, but I would love a forward or back button that could change the song. Also, I have the one that has to stay plugged in, so that's kind of a bummer. It would be nice to be able to take it out to the pool or something, but it doesn't even have a battery option. But all in all, an amazing product.

Sounds Great

from Caldwell, ID

Comments about Bose Speakers - SoundDock - iPod Docking Station:

I had one of these on my most recent deployment and it was great. The sound coming out of these small speakers was more than enough to fill, nicely, a HMMWV with good tunes. Almost as great as that, is the fact that it acts as a case to help protect my player. And from what I can remember, it was super affordable. I might have paid that much just for somewhere to keep my player. The only bummer is that it goes through batteries. There were times when I wish it was rechargeable (when I used up batteries) but there were also times I was glad that it wasn't rechargeable (when I was unable to make it/remember to plug it in). Facts: Good protection. Compact. Sounds good.

• Battery Life:

The Bose SoundDock and iPod Nano not a happy marriage.

from Rockland, MA

Comments about Bose Speakers - SoundDock - iPod Docking Station:

Bose has always been my favorite. It has a hugh sound that I haven't found anywhere else. (I may not be looking) I had a Wave from 1988 with a cassette player that I reluctently sold a few years ago but my sadness was quickly replaced with joy when my wonderful daughter bought me the Soundock for Christmas the same year. My problem was the remote stopped working after 20-30 minutes after use. After about 3 months of use, I called Bose & explained the issue. Customer service is the best I've ever dealt with. I returned my docking station, their techs checked it over, sent it back with a clean bill of health & within minutes of plugging in my iPod the remote stopped again. Cut to the end of this story: I received 3 brand new systems with remotes & still the remote intermittantly works. I have narrowed it down to my iPod. If I use an older iPod it works fine, a newer iPod works but the remote stops when I use my pink iPod Nano. I called Bose to see if there is a connection (which from experience I know there is) & was told to call Apple. Apple says there is no connection but after talking to other Bose SoundDock owners it appears that the Nano's do have an issue with the remote. I still love the sound and will the customer service will keep me a fan but I am dissapointed that if I want the SoundDock to work properly then I need to update my iPod.

It sounds fantastic.

Battery Life
    My SoundDock is not portable

The base is loose. Only needs to be tightened but you need special allen wrenches to do so.

great sound quality

from Cupertino, CA

Comments about Bose Speakers - SoundDock - iPod Docking Station:

I gifted this Dock to my husband's friend over the christmas and she loved it. Looks simple and sleek with great sound waves. Sound is very powerful compared to its tiny size. There are various controls on the unit itself like volume controls, playlist selection available from IPod.It is not as comparable to tower speakers but still very nice. I wish they had 2 more buttons on front panel skip forward and skip backward.Set up is very easy plug and play. Bose had an issue if the IPod was charging then the feedback was not present in older model but they fix it in this model and newer ones. There are a few things they could have improved......The power cord has the transformer built into the middle of the cord, it should have been built into the unit.You will usually use the remote to change the volume, select the next or previous track and turn it on/off.The system's classic, sophisticated look hasn't gone away. It's just softened with smoother lines and a sleeker profile. It fits in beautifully in your kitchen or living room. It has little nice remote too to contol tracks and volumn. My friend kept on her living room's entertainment center and looks good.I wanted a sound station to play her ipod music in the best quality sound possible.

Very good, but pricey

from Pearl City, HI

Comments about Bose Speakers - SoundDock - iPod Docking Station:

one of the better sounding standalone speaker docks for iPods. There are a few options just as good for less money, but you'd be hard-pressed to find them, and even when you do, getting customer support in the rare case of problems would be even harder to find. Good product, even if a little pricey