4.8
Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes

Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes

4.8

Closet thing to homemade

Bob Evans Refrigerated Original Mashed Potatoes are the closest thing you will find to homemade mashed potatoes. They are delicious and easy to prepare. I honestly do not think we will ever do homemade mashed potatoes again unless these go off the market.

I bought these because my husband wanted to try them, and now we have been buying the Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes for 3 years now and just love the homemade taste. Even though this is a packaged food, it does not taste like a ball of sodium, like many other packaged foods. We also have tried another brand of packaged mashed potatoes and they were not even close, there were very fake potato taste, so stick with Bob Evans, there is no other like it.

We like the Original the best, but they do come in a variety of flavored potatoes as well; Garlic, Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream & Chive, Sweet Potato, and Southwest Style.

Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes comes in a 24oz. plastic container that has a plastic covering, the plastic potato container is then encased in a cardboard over wrap. To prepare you remove cardboard encasement, peel back corner of plastic film to vent and heat in microwave. The package will serve a family of four or five for sure.

Nutritional info is:
**Total Carbs:** 20g
** Dietary Fiber:** 2g
**Protein:** 3g

Taste great but they go bad before exp. date

These potatoes are really good. Creamy, buttery, rich taste and perfect texture. We love them. So why only three stars?

Only buy them if you plan to use them...Read complete review

Only buy them if you plan to use them right away. And check the use by date. If it's within a week, don't buy them. I've now had four packages that went bad more than a week before the exp. date. First time I just chalked it up to a bad batch or some other anomaly. Second time, date was close and I figured perhaps they hadn't been properly stored. Third time I bought them and tried to use them that same day but they were smally and light pink already. I quit buying them for several months. Yesterday I bought a pack of the single serves. Exp. date is 10 days in the future. Tore the cardboard off to use a pack tonight and there are blue mold dots on top of the potatoes. I'm done with this product. Have refrigerated food immediately, and at the correct temp, but when it's moldy straight from the store and with a week and a half before use by, I don't think it's me.

Taste great but they go bad before exp. date

from Maryland

Great homemade taste!

Comments about Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes:

First of all I think that Bob Evans is a great brand overall and these mashed potatoes do not disappoint. The flavor is actually better, in my opinion than homemade. So many times I make homemade mashed potatoes and get them maybe a little too thick, or sticky, but these are perfect every time I prepare them. In fact, they are so easy it would be virtually impossible to mess them up, and they are so quick to make. On those busy days I don't have time to spend a lot of time preparing a meal, I can serve these to my family and feel good about doing so. I know they are eating something healthy and they know they are getting a delicious meal from Mom. These are a favorite of my family and I regularly buy them on each and every trip to the grocery store. The smooth texture and easy preparation cannot be beat by anything out of a box. If you want homemade taste without peeling a potato, then you need to try these. They are a little expensive, but so worth it.

Finally........a quick mashed potato product that is good!

Comments about Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes:

This will probably be the easiest review I ever done because Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes are great. I have tried instant mashed potatoes in the past, and I swore I would never waste my money on those products again since I ended up throwing away the unused portions. However, Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes are so good that I have not made mashed potatoes from scratch since I discovered this product, and it has definitely become a family favorite. It is so fast and easy to just heat them in the microwave oven or on the stove top. The family likes for me to add a bit of butter as they heat, but the potatoes do not really need anything added, in my opinion. I have recommended Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes to many people that I know personally. I only suggest that they shop around for this product because some grocery stores have them priced much higher than other stores, but they do often have them on sale, and sometimes there are coupons available for this product.

Fluffy Mashed Potatoes

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes:

Bob Evans mashed potatoes are the best tasting instant potatoes I have ever tried. I have tried boxed potatoes before and they just don't make the grade. I am a huge fan of mashed potatoes, whenever I dine out 99% of the time I order mashed potatoes as one of my side dishes.

Bob Evans mashed potatoes taste like homemade. It only takes a few minutes to heat and serve, yes easy as that. I love to serve bob evans mashed potatoes along side: meat loaf, pot roast, oven roasted chicken, country fried chicken and the list goes on.

Bob Evans mashed potatoes comes in several different flavors such as: original mashed potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, sour cream and chive mashed potatoes, cheddar mashed potatoes and loaded mashed potatoes. I have tried all of these flavors and all are very tasty.

I highly recommend bob evans mashed potatoes. Who would have known instant mashed potatoes could taste so good.

Very Good

Comments about Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes:

Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes are delicious! They taste just like homemade and they are super quick and convenient to make. They have a few different flavors but I like original the best. You can find them in the refrigerated section at the grocery store.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Fayetteville, GA

Comments about Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes:

this product is unreal! I am a baby boomer -nothing but your own mashed potatoes for 30 years! Until I found these - at any given holiday I empty them into a pot - add a little butter and sour cream and mix - everyone thinks I did the entire nine yards - peel, boil mash! When I use them at just for the two of us - you just heat in micro and mix and add butter or not - Ihave tried lots of others - these are Top Shelf!

Closet thing to homemade

**Sodium:** 410mg
**Total Carbs:** 20g
** Dietary Fiber:** 2g
**Protein:** 3g

Bob Evans tastes like home made!

from Springfield, OH

Comments about Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes:

Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes is a great product.  It is especially useful when I am in a hurry to get dinner made.  I find it creamy and of just the right consistency.  It tastes like home made.  I would recommend this product to anyone.

Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes are both easy and delicious

from Whitewater, WI

Comments about Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes:

I was surprised one day when I went to my Mom's house and found that she was using Bob Evan's Mashed Potatoes.  She has always cooked from scratch.  Of course, she added her special touches to make it her own dish.  The potatoes were really delicious.  You can also add in your own flavors.  I think that she adds in sour cream, chives, onions, etc.  My kids also love mashed potatoes, but being a working mom, I just don't have the time.  The kids really like these and they are easy to prepare.  It is simple to throw together a meal after work that is both delicious and nutricious!

I don't think I'll ever mash potatoes again!

from Auburn, IL

Comments about Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes:

Bob Evans mashed potatoes were recommended by a friend. I was skeptical about buying these when I first tried them, but to my surprise, they were EASY and DELICIOUS.

These are like having homemade mashed potatoes without all the work. Smooth, tasty, and easy to fix. Microwave, stir, microwave, serve. I put a paper plate or paper towel under the end that's been opened, just in case a little spills over.

These are so good, I spent the money on them (not even on sale!) to serve at my Thanksgiving meal. I figured it saved time, mess, and space by using them and everyone was happy with them.

I don't care so much for the sour cream & chive version, and we don't like the Garlic ones--even though we are a garlic-loving family.

The cheddar and Texas versions our favorites in our household.