4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Can't live without it!

Almost 3 years ago, I had a Moto Razr. My fiance got a Blackberry, because he's a techie guy. and all. I played around with it some, and wound up upgrading to a Curve. I loved it. We changed providers, and I tried another phone(EnV). I hated it. So, I upgraded again, to a Curve.

A year later, we were unsatisfied with our service, so we switched providers, again. I tried yet another phone (Iphone). I hated it! Yet again, I switched BACK to Blackberry. This time, I got the Bold 9000. I loved it. The screen was crisp and clear.

However, I hated the service that I got from AT&T. So, yet again, switched providers, back to the first one I had Blackberry with. Only THIS time, they had the Bold. But, I was being silly and again, tried to veer away from Blackberry and went with a Moto Cliq (Android). Again, you guessed it! I HATED IT! Well, not as much as I just really disliked the way it felt in my hand and the fact that the main screen wasn't customizable.

And again, I wound up with what I currently have... the Blackberry Bold. I LOVE this phone. I have a 2 and a half year old son and my phones have made it through hell and back with him playing with them. They have always come out alive against him! Everything else in my house is destructable, except my blackberry! Its easy to use and I love the new touchpad feature instead of the ball. I love the, again, very clear screen. It is pretty fast and I mostly use it with wifi. I love that it has email and internet on it along with all the other features. The connections/signal strength is usually pretty strong. I have no complaints about it.

Lastly (I see listed as a CON), I upgraded to OS6 and love love love it!

Go for an iPhone or Android instead

I used to have a BlackBerry years ago and got an iPhone. Now I had to get the Bold for work and it was sad. Maybe I am spoiled, but RIM has done almost nothing to improve the OS. Yeah the phone is pretty solid and the keyboard is great but everything else makes me feel I'm in a time warp from 5 years ago. Cons I see are:

- The web browsing is SLOWWW. I won't use the browser unless I have to. I did find netfront which made the browsing bad from terrible. Come to think of it, almost everything is slow on this phone.

- The menus are non-intuitive. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the iPhone. Even my friend's Android phones are easier to use. I can almost read my mail faster on my computer than the BlackBerry.

- The screen is just too small. On the up side, the screen is pretty bright. But it is not even a touch screen. I find myself trying to touch the screen to use it. I'd forgotten all of the keyboard tricks for the BlackBerry. Maybe if I'd remember them this would be more bearable.

- Setting the up the notifications and ringers is confusing. I actually had to spend an evening setting them up correctly after the phone rang during one of my meetings.

Some pros for the phone:

- The phone gets pretty good battery life. It can often last 2 days without recharging. Its probably because the phone is so underpowered.

- It gets pretty good reception.

I'd recommend getting either an iPhone or Android. The Torch is slightly better, but has horrible battery life.

Not bad, albeit dated.

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone:

Using that phone in 2012 and 2013 may have made me biased, but while decent, it's lacking in many fields.

Battery Life
For a phone in its' class, the battery life is superb. However, with age, as with anything, the battery will degrade. Unlike most phone batteries, though, these degrade fairly quickly. I owned two batteries, fortunately. I have heard multiple testimonies from other former Blackberry users complaining about having had to buy spare batteries on at least one or two occasions due to power cell degradation.

Display/Screen Quality
Once again, maybe I'm biased, but the screen quality, by modern standards, was slightly above average at best.

Call Quality
Relatively good quality calls. Usually. Had ab bad habit of breaking up/dropping calls. Wi-Fi calling was atrocious.

I'll give it that much, the thing was incredibly easy to master.

There's a reason the military uses these things. They're built like tanks. One cold winter day, it fell from my hand onto the sidewalk and bounced several times. Not a scratch.

What's to say? Well-designed phone, the end.

Too outdated

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone:

Let me start off by saying that I have always been a huge blackberry supporter. I love the keyboard and the keypad that they have. I bought the Bold and for the first few months I did truly enjoy it. I didn't use all of the features, but I did have my email set up, facebook, twitter, and BBM all set up. After a few months I noticed that the phone started to slow down. I would have to manually take out the battery and restart my phone alot more as time went on. One thing that really irritated me about the Blackberry is that there are only a few apps available. For example, you couldn't download instagram or snapchat. The lack of apps is probably the number one reason why I switched to a different smartphone. I want to be able to be entertained by my phone and have the same applications that my friends have. I did enjoy the touch screen, I thought that was a really cool feature. However, I think that the Blackberry's time has come and I am very glad that I switched over to another brand.

Battery Life
Could last me about two days

good for blackberry

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone:

ive had this product for a year and it stops working periodically. its better than any other blackberry that i've had but definitely not better than any other smart phone. applications are also not compatible with this blackberry despite its touch screen. kind of annoying

Wonderful phone

from Lafayette, LA

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone:

Great all around phone, this phone has been dropped and flung and it keeps working. Battery life is wonderful, I can recharge it every other day unless I use it excessively. The camera and video camera are pretty good for a phone. The only negative is the apps that I want are not always accessible on the Blackberry.

Great Phone!

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone:

The phone is easy to use, has great features and a decent battery life. Apps are a definite bonus and I have to admit BBM is one of the main reasons I love BB. That and the fact that its canadian

Battery Life
As long as you turn off you wifi when not in use and close your chats the battery life is quite good

Display/Screen Quality
Nothing wrong with the display

Call Quality
As good as the rreception in a given area

Easy to use and learn to use

I have dropped it without incident

Keys are raised and easy to use

• Call Quality:

Great phone for the business type person!

from Orlando, FL

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone:

its only good for social network and emailing

a full charged battery lasts 2 days

clear screen

Call Quality
some dropped calls here and there, but overall its good

easy to use once you get used to the phone

I've dropped it a few times and it still works great

love the design and the color.

the best

from Leesburg, GA

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone:

I've had lots of cellphones but this one has been the best. Won't have any other

It last avery long time. Don't have to charge it but every 2 days

Display/Screen Quality
The screen is big and takes great pics

Call Quality
I can hear on it. And I have a little hearing loss in my ears

Yes very easy to use. Internet is easy to use

I have dropped it on concert floor and run over it with 4 wheeler

The design is perfect

One of BlackBerry's Best Yet

from New York, NY

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone:

BB is finally getting it right.  They replaced the track ball with a touch pad - huge improvement.  I had a brand new Curve and went through three of them in four months and they kept shutting off automatically several times during the day or night causing it to reboot.  The Bold is fantastic.  Have had it for seven months without any problems.

Highly recommend especially if you need corporate email.

a great phone for all

from Yuma, AZ

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone:

This is a really good phone for any one of any skill level. I love it because it has a very nice structure and it is very easy to use. When i got this phone, I wanted to have it because of all the features it has on it. I am able to easily maneuver around the screen with the small button. I also like the camera because i can upload pictures to my facebook page from it. The price is a little on the high side, but the features make up for it. The small size is nice because it good for easy travel and and track pad is very accurate. The email feature is nice and i like that i can directly message people with a Blackberry using a bbm. the keys can be a little cramped together, but i got used to it after a while. The speed is also quick.

Love this new Blackberry

from Dover, DE

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone:

I think the design is much better then my old BB and it is a lot smaller and thinner.

The trackpad is the best upgrade RIM could of done! I honestly hated the trackball and almost switched to the droid because of it. It would either break or never go where I wanted it to. It would also lose its grip or became less responsive after being used for quite sometime, which I had to replace twice.

The camera was upgraded as well. My old BB had a 2.0 megapixel camera and this one was upgraded to 3.2. The photos taken with this phone are far better then with my old phone.

The only negative I have with this phone is the battery life. Since I've gotten this phone in October I have had to replace the battery already.