3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Another Great Blackberry

My Goal:  Find a "smart phone" that can replace my laptop 80% of the timeSolution:  Blackberry BoldWhy:  Blackberry has spent the time on key functionality that actually allows a user tools for productivity vs. meaningless apps (well, they aren't all meaningless)I have been a BBerry user for over 7 years and have always been happy with their products.  While not the most sexy phones out there (most look like hockey pucks) they deliver the functionality necessary to get a job done quickly.  One of the tools that I enjoy the most with the Bold is the fact that I can run multiple applications at the same time.  I do a lot of research in my line of work and there are many times that I'll be browsing the web on my phone and need to capture a thought or COPY AND PASTE (sorry iphone users, you have to wait).  With the blackberry bold, I haven't had any problems navigating from one program to another while leaving them open.  If you are a avid computer user, you know about the ALT + Tab key combination and the BBerry offers the same functionality (alt + return) pops up a list of available apps to switch to while leaving your existing program running in the background.  Web Browsing:  MUCH BETTER WITH 3G and new browser.  The browser that comes with the Bold is fine, but I recommend using Opera Mini for a better experience.  Being able to view a full web page in its intended form is great and the zoom feature lets users browse more closely if needed.View & EDIT Microsoft Office applications?  Yes, you can view Word, Excel, Powerpoint documents with the BOLD, but you can also edit and save.  There's even functionality to show a powerpoint presentation on the BOLD.  This should be great news to all the road warriors out there.Typing is still the best on a BlackBerry.  I've tried using an iPhone and I am a fraction of the speed as I am with a physical BlackBerry keyboard.  I've really tried to like the iphone (was offered a free one) but it never came close to what I wanted.  I bought my wife an iPhone and she is happy with it, but when it comes time to writing a lengthy email, she prefers the computer = FAIL in my book.Other items of note:- Great keyboard- Amazing screen resolution (better than the iPhone)- Shoots video- MP3 Player- Upgrade to 32 Gigs via SD cards- Great looking (compared to other versions)Overall, it replaces my PC 80% of the time and for that, I'm grateful.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

I just recently got rid of this phone. I always had android phones but decided to switch it up to blackberry. I got this phone and started to go through its apps/programs. Typically I am really efficient when it comes to cell phones but, it took me a few hours to go through all the different information on this phone. A few years ago I was looking to buy a blackberry and the sales associate at my phone provider said "no, you dont want a blackberry". I asked why? and he said because they are "business phones". I said whatever and continued to purchase an android. I now see what he meant. The phone has a lot of business related programs on it and not a lot of the entertainment items I had on my previous phones. The battery drains pretty quickly! I had to plug it in every night regardless of if i use it during the day or not. Blackerry phones are slowly disappearing and there probably wont be many new ones in the future. I wouldnt suggest purchasing this phone. Especially for the price.

Battery Life
The battery life is very poor. One of the worst that I have had. I tried purchasing a new battery to see if it made a difference but, it didnt.

Display/Screen Quality
The quality is good. Obviously, it is a lot smaller than the android/apple phones but, its very clear.

Call Quality
I truly believe this depends on what cell provider you have. I have not had any issues with call quality.

It takes a lot of time to learn the ins and outs of this phone

This is almost like a brick... I have dropped it MANY times and it still works just as well as the first day

Just the opposite of Bold.

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone:

In this age of smart phones and fast paced technology, RIM's brand once considered an elite class in cellular technology with their BlackBerry Messenger being a hallmark of business persona, BlackBerry has failed to evolve at the rate which is demanded by modern day standards. BlackBerry Bold 9000 backs up my aforementioned claim. This phone is a typical BlackBerry handset with nothing new. Average performance, average battery life, average camera, I agree it is a phone intended for use by business class and not created for entertainment purposes but today's businessmen prefer a phone that can do much more than just place calls, IM, and e-mailing. The small screen is a thing of past and lack of touchscreen makes it an incredibly poor choice.

Sucks

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone:

Blackberry is the worst of the "smartphones". It takes forever to turn off and on. It often freezes. Most of the time, the touchscreen does not recognize you trying to move it. The design of the phone is very awkward and not very friendly. The call quality is what is the worst. You can never hear the person you are talking to. The speaker phone makes voice of the person you are talking to very robotic. After two months of having the phone the battery depletes very quickly...and I mean very quickly. I took it off the charger at 7:00 AM usually and by 10:00 (without using it once) it was dead. I bought the Blackberry because I heard it was such a great phone, but boy was I quickly depressed. You are better going with a Galaxy or iPhone. The one good thing is that the picture quality is better than most phones. The camera does have a flash, which is a plus. The apps for Blackberry are not that great either.

• Call Quality:

In love with my phone...

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone:

I have had my phone for about 3 years now and it still works great! I am also STILL IN LOVE with it. I prefer the qwerty keyboard over a touch screen, on my phone, so it works great for what I want. I have also never had any problems with it (hope I didn't just jinx myself...lol). When this phone "bites the big one" I will definitely choose Blackberry again!

• Call Quality:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

It takes a lot of time to learn the ins and outs of this phone

GREQAT pHONE

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone:

I love the convenience of my BB Bold 9000. Besides the standard great options of having my personal and work email handy, texting and taking calls blackberry offers Blackberry Messaging which I just love and alot of great apps are available. I have downloaded several that I use all the time such as banking and find the closest Tims. The battery life is excellent, camera takes great pictures and its light weight.

Battery Life
It goes three days without charging.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen is great. high resolution.

Call Quality
No concerns. Voice quality is very decent.

Basics are easy but there is alot you can do if you take the time to learn.

No issues

Great size

Addicted to Blackberry

from Oak Island, NC

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone:

Blackberry - the original smartphone! Well, for me, at least. I love being able to get my emails on the road, and there wasn't a big learning curve to use a blackberry. It's easy to hold, easy to text and I love the location of the keys.

Battery Life
I work on a remote island, and when the phone is searching for a signal, which is often over there, I was finding that my battery did not last the six to eight hours I was over there. Finally, I bought an extended life battery which is much bigger (in fact, it comes with another back for the phone) and makes the phone heavier as well. No matter...having a phone that lasts for four days is worth it being a bit heavier to me.

Display/Screen Quality
Display screen is just "ok". The screen is smaller than most smart phones.

Call Quality
I've had no problems whatsoever with the quality of either making or receiving phone calls.

There is a learning curve with a blackberry, but it's minor and easily overcome. The curve is probably steeper if this is your first smartphone.

I've had this particular blackberry for a year and a half with no durability issues.

I rather like the design. I'm not a fan of touchscreens, and this particular blackberry has a keyboard. I type almost as fast on my blackberry as I do on my computer, so I love it.

• Call Quality:

One of good models from Blackberry

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone:

I've used this phone for over a year and it is working fine.
The only issue I had was when the battery wouldn't charge initially but got a replacement promptly from blackberry and it's working fine. the phone is durable and the call quality is good.

• Call Quality:

Great quality phone, sleek, nice styling.

from NY, NY

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone:

I just bought the Blackberry Bold 9900. I just love it. This was a replacement for my Blackberry Curve. I wanted something simple to use yet stylish and had good call coverage. This phone has a nice touchscreen that is easy to see. The apps are great and the camera takes awesome pictures. I would definitely recommend this phone to those of us who are really not that tech savvy but want a versatile phone.

• Call Quality:

A nice starting point in the world of smartphones.

from Houston, TX

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone:

A bit slow when compared to the speed of other products out there. However, for those who want smartphone features for light use, this phone is a good option.

Battery Life
With light use of all features, this phone would go 2 days without needing to be chargeable.

Display/Screen Quality
Nice, vibrant colors, good quality images but the screen is rather small

Call Quality
I can't recall ever having an issue with call quality except for when we moved to a different area of the city. I don't think that is the phone's problem so much as my carrier.

I love playing with new devices and learning what can and can't be done. I love the apps, the phone features and the ease of finding how to use them. I've never had so many folders and icons to open and play with.

The fragility was never an issue. It is a sturdy phone and I never had an issue with the durability.

I like the layout of the buttons. I like the pad on this model better than the roller ball. Love love love the qwerty keyboard better then the newer touch-only models. I miss my keyboard.

• Call Quality:

Not as good as I expected.

from Blairsville, GA

Comments about BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone:

I was a Curve user and when I heard about the new Bold started waiting like everyone else for the release. Once the Bold was released I got on of the first phones and experienced problems from day one. The phone does have a great screen and the options for the setup were better than the Curve. I also like the thinner size and supposed to be scratch proof sides. The keyboard was different from the Curve and took some getting used to, but now I love it too.

What I don't love is that the phone would never send or receive pictures and no matter how many times I brought it to ATT they never could figure out the problem. So they got me a new phone, now this new phone has problems too. If it loses service for some reason you must turn the phone off and then back on before it will receive any service. I can be in a group of people all who have service and this phone will drop the coverage and must be powered up again before it gets a small amount of coverage. I am now going to move to my third phone and see if the problems can be resolved.

However, I will from now on be a Blackberry user no matter what.