Other Smartphones:
Blackberry
8130SFM
BlackBerry Pearl Smartphone

BlackBerry Pearl Smartphone

Best Blackberry On The Market!

I have owned this phone for about 3 months now. So far I am incredibly impressed with this brilliant phone.

Real time email, easy web browsing, smallest blackberry on the market. My few gripes include the memory management issues, sometimes I will lose my call log completely if my memory is getting full. Also the text mode overlay covers the signal strength bar most of the time. The camera is worthless and I never use it.

Besides those few gripes I love this phone and plan to keep it for a long time to come.

bigger than God it the black berry pearl rocks

I've never owned a Blackberry before. I switched from a Moto Razr on Cingular which was a piece of crap; now I have the Blackberry through Cingular with Blackberry RIM's email/internet service package. I wanted to try the push technology for email. Wow! Was I impressed. It's awesome when I'm away on business and I can receive/send my emails on the Pearl instantly without calling in for them or having to use an internet-based email client (I own the company and constantly have to be connected to what's going on there).Yes, having multiple characters per key is not as convenient as one character per key, but after a little getting used to, it's type recognition software works perfectly. As the reviewer said, if you ignore the suggested words that appear on the line as you type, it will be much faster and it's damn accurate! I could never do text messaging well on my previous phones and therefore never sent them, but the type recognition on this phone has me typing full emails now with now problems. I wanted a small phone and was willing to forego the bulky one character per key Blackberrys with a smaller phone.The sound quality of my calls is great and the ringtone volume and vibration work great too. I've heard that past Blackberrys had bad sound quality, but this one works great. Yes, the ringtones that come with the phone aren't so great, so I downloaded a couple and now it's fine. The interface is a little confusing at first and has a higher learning curve than most phones, but after about a week I mastered it and now it's easy to operate. The only real negative I have is that I have a Macintosh with built-in Bluetooth and the Pearl and the Mac don't sync well together at all when using Bluetooth; I get an error message each time telling me "connection failed" or "transfer failed", but for whatever reason I am able to upload/download one file at a time between the two devices even when it gives me those errors. I downloaded the free PocketMac software from RIM's website which allows me to sync the two devices, but at this point in time the software only allows me to use a USB cord connection; Bluetooth currently isn't supported by that software but they say they're working on it.

IMpressive

Comments about BlackBerry Pearl Smartphone:

Blackberry Pearl was my very first cellphone since I arrived in the US, and to be honest, I was not so sure if it was good,I'm used to Nokia phones and I was very hesitant with this brand,but when I got it and were able to use it,I loved it so much,it was very easy to use,applications were awesome,the style is perfect,I don't know why they discontinued it maybe just cause touch screens are the ones trending now a days but this phone is very cute and handy. The call quality is awesome,this is the second best phone with a very good voice quality.

• Battery Life:
  • Display/Screen Quality:
  • Call Quality:

I love my blackberry pearl it made texting easier!

from Dunbar, PA

Comments about BlackBerry Pearl Smartphone:

The blackberry pearl is a good phone for someone who wants the world at their finger tips. You can phone ,text, email,and it also has a calender to keep track of appointments. It also has word to go and slideshow to go. The pearl is a really nice phone for a business person or your average everyday person who has a busy schedule.

The pearl does have a couple draw backs you have to lock the keys when in your pocket or you could be making phone calls and not meven know it. One other thng I don't like is because it is basically a mini computer it needs to shutdown daily or your keyboard sounds and rings will stop working. As it was explained to me it needs to reboot. Now it does have the auto on and off option so it comes on and off automatically, but it can be inconvienent when you have a schedule that varies from day to late nights so it shuts off at the wrong time sometimes.

Overall I really like my Blackberry Pearl I always have my email at my finger tips when i need and have never lost a call.

Don't move without it>

from Douglasville, GA

Comments about BlackBerry Pearl Smartphone:

Well, I handed in my enV2 for this sleek BlackBerry Pearl 8130 in pink.  OMG, it's AWESOME!  I haven't put it down since I got it.  Everything it can do, everything I can add on; It's my very own mini-ini-laptop.I mean, I am very busy I do PR for my sorority, Iam a work at home MOM, and I am a distance learning student.  This Blackberry allows me to check my emails and open attachments right from the bed when I'm trying to get snookie to sleep.Although I miss my full Qwerty board from enV2 and Sidekick being able to send faxes from anywhere certainly outweighs Qwerty.  oh yes and my mp3 capability is one of my best features.I would recommend this to anyone who is on the go, with heavy email usage and loves music and blackberry apps.  This is the SMART PHONE for you.

Great Phone with a few bugs

from Kennesaw, GA

Comments about BlackBerry Pearl Smartphone:

The Blackberry Pearl 8130 is a great phone that does what it's meant to do. Adding email addresses to sync with the phone works great, although it doesn't always send emails to your phone at the same time they're received on the server. That's not that big of an issue. The only issue that needs to be fixed, other than not being able to send MMS (issue with Sprint, not with the phone) is memory leaks. For some reason, the free memory of the phone slowly goes away, and when it reaches a critical point, it deletes all of your saved text messages, and then randomly shuts down the phone. This doesn't happen very often, but it is a hassle. Reception and voice quality are stellar, so this outweighs the memory leak issue.

Great product. Really helps me keep in touch.

from Townsend, GA

Comments about BlackBerry Pearl Smartphone:

This is a great product once you get used to using it.  It can be a bit difficult at first.  It's best to have someone show you, a friend, a good sales associate, etc.  The keyboard is a bit small so it can be a little difficult to get used to.

love it

from Tampa, FL

Comments about BlackBerry Pearl Smartphone:

i love this phone it still as smart as a blackberry but its small enough to be a phone i would buy one of every color the are so great in price.i love that you can check your email in a flash and connect to wireless routers and i love the easy text .it makes it that much easier

COOL PHONE AND VERY FUNCTIONAL

from Reston, VA

Comments about BlackBerry Pearl Smartphone:

The Pearl is my first blackberry. I like the one touch email and the ability to link many email accounts (I have 5 I think yu can add up to 10). It has great reception and is easy to use. I have had a few problems with this phone, and Ive gotten 2 replacements. The trackball fell out of the first one (OH NO!) and they sent me a second one that had no signal. The third they sent me was perfect, but then the charging port fell out! I had to switch that ones trackball into the first one, and that one has come down with a host of new problems, including a stuck delete key (which causes me to send messages with cryptic words since I cant backspace and the predictive text is often wrong) and the keypad freezes up when I am sending messages so the predictive text takes over and when it unfreezes there are many strange words. I think they fixed the freeze-up with the newer models because I didnt have that problem with my 2nd replacement which was the newest model. I do think I will change over to the Curve soon, ill sacrifice the smaller size of the Pearl for the full keypad of the Curve.

Smart, easy, and reliable.

from Manhattan, KS

Comments about BlackBerry Pearl Smartphone:

I was apprehensive at first about the texting format, but with the built in help on every topic, I was able to learn fast. The compactness and battery life are the to most imoprtant features to me. I would recomend this phone to anyone, especially those that depend on internet access at all times. The browser works at all times and any problems are easily solved through the troubleshooting in the phone. You will never need a paper manual to answer questions regarding ANYTHING, it is all right there on the phone.

I think i am in love

from Huntington Beach, CA

Comments about BlackBerry Pearl Smartphone:

I have had the Pearl for a few days now in both the US and Europe. The phone clarity is great. The size is perfect to drop into your pocket, smaller than my friends Razor. The phone is very small and great as a phone. Battery life is great - four days and going strong on the first charge. The web browser is great, though I miss my Sprint fast connection on my Treo. T-Mobile needs a faster data connection. The pictures are great with the 1.3 megapixel camera.The email is typically Blackberry. I even have my personal POP (normal e-mail) e-mail and it works as well as my corporate email. As an e-mail reader, it is really clear and easy to read. Easy to get to e-mail. But replies have been tough as I learn to type on the keys. I think they are too small for much of a reply.

Overall the Pearl is a great phone, with a wonderful way to read e-mail. If I want to send a lot of e-mail, this is not the phone for you. But if you want it all in a phone smaller than the Razor, this is a wonderful package.

This is a great phone, but it has a few problems.

from Conway, AR

Comments about BlackBerry Pearl Smartphone:

This phone is okay, but it doesn't deliver what it promises. I would recommend it to others, but I would let them know that there are a few issues. I would recommend the Blackberry 8120 or the 8130 because of different arrangement options that have been added.