Other Breads:
Low Fat Breads, Whole Wheat Breads
Arnold

Pros

Cons

Oroweat hits a home run!

I just love Oroweat Sandwich thins. I recently purchased the Oroweat Multi Grain Sandwich Thins. To be honest I was skeptical. I thought how can a thin little bread deliver real taste? I was sooooo wrong in my assumption. Granted as of yet I have only had the multi grain variety but I can tell you it rocks. To make it even better it has only 100 calories and a whopping 5g of dietary fiber, a matching 5g of protein all with only 1g of fat and it is NOT saturated.

Never judge a book by it's cover. These little thins are versatile and delicious. My favorite pairing so far is with my Portabello Gardenburger. Put the 2 together and you have a taste tango for lunch or dinner.

We all try to find the little things that make good health and nutrition an easier way of life. Here it is. A bread that gives us amazing nutrition with flavor that makes us feel like we are being bad. Go ahead feel naughty while being good. You'll love it!

better than anticipated

I was expecting these sandwich thins to be cardboard-like and awful, and totally avoided them for the first several months after I noticed them on the grocery shelves.   They were the only bread option at a recent barbeque that I attended, and gave them a try.  They were surprisingly good - not at all dry and crackerlike as anticipated - they actually tasted like fresh wheat bread - healthy and delicious.  This bread was actually a great alternative to a thick pasty bun!  Much healthier too - these have more fiber and fewer calories than a traditional bun.  Great alternative to bleached white flour and high fructose corn syrup.  The price on these buns is great too - comparable to other buns, but a much higher quality product.  Low fat, no cholestrol, no trans fats, and made with whole grains  - seems like an obvious choice, and great tasting too.   With a garden burger or boca burger these make a fantastic healthy option for picnics and barbeques.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Arnold Select Sandwich Thins:

I have purchased different varieties of Arnold Select Sandwich Thins and although I was very skeptical of them at first, I have quickly discovered many ways to use them. Yes, they are low in calories, but I can't say lower than bread because I have found bread that is 45 calories a slice and is whole grain. The Sandwich Thins stay fresh for a long time. They have a great taste. I have used them in making sandwiches for a friend who has partial facial paralysis which makes it difficult for them to eat a sandwich made from regular bread, and they are able to eat a sandwich made from these Thins with much less difficulty. The bread has a lesser tendency to stick inside the mouth. The cost of these Thins are within reason. Because the Thins are so thin, it takes greater care when toasting them. I also found them to not get soggy like regular bread would. I have used them for every meal, including desserts. A definite item worth buying.

Great thin bread!

Comments about Arnold Select Sandwich Thins:

I love the Arnold Select Sandwich Thins. They are great for someone who doesn't really like all of that bread taste on their sandwich, like me. I love a sandwich, but I mostly love it for the meat and toppings...not necessarily the bread. But, I do love bread as well...just not in an overwhelming way on my sandwich. The sandwich thins are the perfect amount of bread with a loaded meaty sandwich. They are fairly healthy as well...not as many calories as regular bread. This small amount of bread on a sandwich allows you to taste the heart of the sandwich (the meat and toppings) to their fullest! The texture is very soft...not chewy or dry. These also allow your sandwich to take up less room in your cooler if you pack your lunch. Perfect for a picnic too for the same reason. I've put them in the toaster and they come out wonderful. They are easier for little children to eat too since the sandwich thin is thinner so it makes the sandwich overall thinner and more likely to fit in mouth of a small child. My children love them for that reason!

Very good

Comments about Arnold Select Sandwich Thins:

I like Arnold Select Sandwich thins a lot. They are great for people who do not care for bread crusts or who do not want to eat a lot of bread. What I really like about these sandwich thins are that the focus of the sandwich is more on the meat, cheese, and other ingredients that you use to make your sandwich with. They are not overpowered by breading or the flavor of bread. They are also durable and do not get soggy if you put a lot of mustard or mayonnaise on your sandwich like regular bread does.

I use these all the time!

Comments about Arnold Select Sandwich Thins:

I eat these with like literally everything! I make sandwiches of meat or whatever with these and they always taste good! I love the taste and how few calories they are! These are cheap and good for you and I would never go back to eating regular white bread.

A great way to cut back on carbs and calories

Comments about Arnold Select Sandwich Thins:

I fell in love with these when they first came out and my grandmother and I would use them daily for sandwiches. It took a trial and error to get my husband on board once I moved in with him. He was use to having huge hamburger buns or regular slices of bread on his meals. I found that they not only come in a huge variation of flavors but at my local grocery store tend to go on sale buy one pack get one free quite often. Arnold is also very nice about putting coupons in the Sunday papers. These are thin and can toast easily and I put them in a toaster or toaster oven to make them a bit crispy. That is how my husband prefers them so they are not floppy either. They also freeze very well if you buy a few packages at once. I tend to freeze them and then pull out what I need and lay those in the fridge until I am ready to toast them for the meal we are using them for. When toasting them they are amazing with thicker meats such as chicken breasts or hamburgers but at room temp they are great for any deli meat!

Better to eat than sliced bread!

from Oxford, OH

Comments about Arnold Select Sandwich Thins:

We like to eat sandwiches, but really don't want all the bread and calories. I purchased the Arnold sandwich thins 100% whole wheat. We like the taste, thickness, 19 grams of whole grains, 5 grams of fiber, only 100 calories, 0g saturated fat, 170mg sodium and only 2g of sugars. These are great for hamburgers, bbq, peanut butter, etc. Even though they are little pricey, we prefer to eat these instead of sliced bread.

I fooled around and fell in love with Arnold Sandwich Thins!

from Franklin, KY

Comments about Arnold Select Sandwich Thins:

I just found these little jewels about a week ago and I'm hooked! I've never really found a healthier bread that I really liked, so I'm super excited to have these. At only 100 calories (for the top and bottom) and 5 grams of fiber per serving, they're the perfect addition to my diet! These are very tasty and oh so very versatile! Whether choosing them for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack, you really can't go wrong, in my humble opinion. We tried the White version first, then found the multi-grain, which we decided we enjoy even more. They're great with a poached egg for breakfast. I've also found when using them for a sandwich you can really enjoy the taste of the fillings even more, without the bread over-powering the veggies. I tried them in place of a hamburger bun and totally enjoyed it! In fact, I've yet to find anything I don't enjoy these with! Try them, you'll be glad you did!

from Hopkinsville, KY

Comments about Arnold Select Sandwich Thins:

I love these sanwich thins. They are a lower carb alternative to regular bread that taste good. I also use them to make mini pizzas and they give a nice thin crust with a good taste. Far exceeded my expectations. Will buy and use them often to help control my blood sugar when I just can't do without some bread.

So delicious!

from Boone, NC

Comments about Arnold Select Sandwich Thins:

These are yummy. They are such a great, healthy, delicious alternative to bread. They are also a great alternative to hamburger buns. The texture of these is great, and the different flavors available are all so good. These are only 3 points plus value on Weight Watchers, which is definitely less than regular bread. Of course, they are more than bread, but it's worth it for the quality. There are also often coupons available, so combined with a sale, can create a great deal. I love to make grilled cheese with these, which works so much better than regular bread. Slices of cheese fit better on this bread and make sure there is no excess bread without cheese. It's definitely something delicious, and worth the cost. I love this bread!

Arnold Sandwhich Thins are the best alternative!

from Catawba, SC

Comments about Arnold Select Sandwich Thins:

My mother is diabetic which means she is very limited to breads, pastas, and sugary stuff. This bread has been an outstanding item to my mother's dietary habits. It does not spike her blood sugar like regular bread. It is healthy all around. I use it as well.