But, there's a newer version

See latest version

Apple iPod Nano 3rd Generation MP3 Player

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

This is all you need when all you want is to hear your fav tunes

There are newer iPods available, with WI-FI and touch screens and some of my family members own them. They are wonderful devices and I don't want to take anything away from their advanced features such as being able to connect to the internet and take pics, mess around with the pics, play videos, buy apps, and their touch screens are cool.

I, however, don't need all of those fancy features to make me happy. All I want from my iPod is to be able to listen to my favorite songs whether I'm in my car or sitting in my bedroom messing around on the computer or in my best friend's kitchen cooking and dancing. (Yes, at the same time). That's why I love my oldie but still goodie **Apple - iPod Nano 3rd Generation (8 GB) MP3 Player.** It may not be the latest and greatest, but it suits me just fine and I love it.

It's small enough that it will fit in the back pocket of my jeans, or the smallest of my purses with no problem, and it will play up to 24 hours of my favorite songs. No listening to advertisements or having to change radio stations...just my favorite songs, for whatever mood I happen to be in at the time. It will hold up to 5 hours of video, but I just use mine for my music because that's all I need or want from it.

I can play an entire album by one artist, or mix things up and let it play randomly, but usually what I do is choose to play one f the playlists that I have created for myself. I have playlists for the beach, for dancing, for partying, and for crying. I choose what I want, and my music plays and it makes me happy...I Could Not Ask For More. (That's a song I have on my iPod).

So, if all you really want is to be able to download your own favorite songs to a wonderful portable device and it doesn't matter to you that it doesn't have apps or a touch screen, I can't see why on earth you wouldn't love an **Apple - iPod Nano 3rd Generation (8 GB) MP3 Player** as much as I love mine.

Sound Quality
The sound quality varies according to the quality of the earbuds or headphones you are using, but it's always good, and when I play it in the car, the speakers make my music sound wonderful. I have no complaints with the quality of the sound.

Wonderful performance! It plays what I want it to play and it holds tons of music. It's very easy to use and wonderfully portable.

Battery Life
Even after several years, the battery life is still great. I use it a lot, so it does have to be charged, but I have no complaints...everything has to be charged sooner or later, and with my iPod Nano 3rd Generation, its needs to be charged later than sooner.

I wouldn't suggest that you do this, but I have actually washed my 3rd Gen iPod Nano and thought it was gone for good. It wasn't. To my disbelief, when it dried, it still worked perfectly. I have had mine for a couple of years and it's still going strong. I would say that it is extremely durable!

It's very easy to transfer music from my PC to my iPod and it's very easy to create playlists and to find the list I want to play or to just let it go and play randomly. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!

I love how thin and small it is. It's so easy to carry it everywhere I go, and I do! The screen is clear and shows me what I need to see clearly and with ease. In my opinion, smaller is better in some cases, and this is one of those cases. The design is excellent.

A click-wheel is a crappy way to navigate menus

I got my 3rd Generation Nano brand-new. I still haven't filled it up. I think the screen is an OK size to watch shows on. If I have to go to the mechanic or wait for my husband at the doctor's I like watching a show. Sound quality is good and you can store photos on it.

The earbuds Apple included are hard plastic and they fell out of my ears all the time. I bought some[ Skullcandy Ink'd ones][1] with the soft buds. Not a big-money investment.

I really hate navigating my music menus with the click-wheel. It's very sensitive and it's dangerous to try and go to another playlist if you are driving. You keep going past it. The click wheel makes an annoying clicking noise (hence "click-wheel") when you navigate a menu or turn up the volume. You can shut the clicking noise off in the settings.

One of the first things I did with the click-wheel was to accidentally change the language to Japanese. So I had to have [iTunes][2] restore it. It couldn't have been Spanish or French or another language I could have figured out!

The volume has a limit it can go up to. You can change the volume limit in the settings also. For some reason, the volume limit has a numbered locking code on there. I have no idea why this is. If you forget the combination, you have to have iTunes restore your whole iPod to raise the volume limit. How annoying and unnecessary.

Don't plug it into the USB while you have a song on pause. It will freeze the iPod and you have to go online to figure out how to unfreeze it. Don't freak out - it's not broken.

I bought a soft neoprene cover for it that has a thick pliable plastic piece to go over the click wheel. It considerably cut down on the sensitivity.

It's little enough to fit in your pocket. It's a pretty good MP3 player for a lot of people. When I get another MP3 player, it will not be an iPod. iTunes gives me crap all the time, so I would get one that would work better on Windows machines.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Skullcandy-inkd-smokin-buds-earbuds-review-661b
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Apple-iTunes-review-d69f0

Best Apple Product!

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 3rd Generation MP3 Player:

I know that this generation of iPod nano is old, yet to this day I still have mine and use it frequently. In my humble opinion this is the best device that Apply, Inc. has developed even though it appears it is technologically incomparable to the current iPhone or iPad, I have never had any software problems nor any problems in any respect with this iPod nano.

3rd Generation

from Pierce City, MO

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 3rd Generation MP3 Player:

I don't like the Apple Ipod Nano 3rd generation at all. I didn't like that you couldn't randomly play the songs. And no matter how hard I tried, most of the time, I couldn't get the menu button to works so I could play my music. I have never had a product that I couldn't work, but this one is a pain. I paid alot of money for it and gave it away for free after only listening to it one time.

Sound Quality
It plays okay, but if you turn the volume up it is hard to make out what song is playing. And makes it sound distorted.

I couldn't get the thing to go to my music so I could use it. The menu button would go to main menu but couldn't get it to go to my playlist for 15 minutes of pushing the button.

Battery Life
I have had it for 2 months and never had to charge it.

The player itself is durable. It hasn't broke or gotten scratches on it.

I couldn't work this player at all. The menu button sticks or something.

I loved the design and how light weight it is.

Great MP3 Player!

from New Glarus, WI

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 3rd Generation MP3 Player:

Love my iPod Nano! I've owned this device for quite a few years now, and I am still happy with it. It holds just enough music for my purposes. The battery life is pretty amazing considering how much I use my Nano. I love that it's easy to use, the screen is bright and clear, and I can take it with me nearly everywhere that I go. I purchased this Nano to replace my first generation Nano, which had absolutely nothing wrong with it - I was just ready for something different. I gave my old Nano to my husband to abuse (which he totally did). One of my favorite things is the shuffle feature. Sometimes, I just don't know what I want to listen to and my Nano complies, by shuffling all my different genres of music just right. The only real complaint I have about the Nano is the sound quality - but I realize that it may be due to the headphones I am using, which are by no means excellent.

I would definitely recommend this MP3 player to anyone. It's simple to use, pretty to look at, and fun to listen to.

• Battery Life:

If your going to get an Ipod, dont bother with this one

from Bristol, RI

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 3rd Generation MP3 Player:

Although this iPod is a decent mp3 player, if you are going to spend the money on an iPod you may as well get a better quality one such as the iTouch or the iPod classic. The iTouch and the iPod Classic both have much more stage then this mp3 player, and they both have a lot more features. This iPod is very overpriced, and if you are going to spend the money then it makes no sense to buy this nano. The size and shape of this ipod are very weird and it is much more fragile then many other mp3 players. The sound quality is good on this iPod, but it makes no sense to purchase it when there are so many better, and more durable, products that are on the market. Also, I have found that the odd shape of this mp3 player does not fit as well into many ipod accessories such as speakers and car chargers. Overall, this is not one of the better mp3 players on the market and I would save up to purchase something designed better.

'Apple- I-Pod Nano' for music lovers

from Tickfaw, LA

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 3rd Generation MP3 Player:

My grandaughter wanted one for Christmas and she talked me in to getting one for myself.

I thought if i didn't like it I would sell it on E-Bay. Well don't try to get my I-Pod.

I have a new love in my life. Don't know what I used before , but all I use now is my Apple I-Pod.

It sound like a big stereo with the ear plugs, but I didn't like plugs in my ears so I bought a dock station.

The I-Pod holds so much music,it will play for hours. No need to carrie a bunch of CD with you if you take it on the go.

You can set music in play list, if you have different moods.  Can choose music by, song, style, albums, or singers.

You can,  watch videos, download pictures, play games, and set alarm.

Download the I -Tunes program for free and get started.  It did not take me long to find out how to download songs, videos, games, and pictures to the device.

I use it every day. Would buy again.

Perfectionist's review

from Carol Stream, IL

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 3rd Generation MP3 Player:

Let's be honest it's a great product for music lovers. That said it's not completely perfect. Things I love are the look and feel, the menus, the games, the screen resolution. Stuff that could improve are; buttons are a little sensitive which is not a problem for selecting music, but for playing games it makes you pick a bad answer sometimes which is frustrating. So brush up your fine motor skills if you want to use it for gaming. Also, for some reason my ipod doesn't have the greatest sound quality sometimes. I suspect it's a problem I may have caused but don't know what that might be other than using it constantly. So perhaps it is responding to high use. It's a great thing to have and I don't go anywhere without my ipod.

A must have for ANYONE who likes music, even a little

from League City, TX

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 3rd Generation MP3 Player:

this truely is the best gift for anyone that listens to music even a little. the scrren is the perfect size, the capacity is great for the person who has a good collection or the one that wasnt to load visoe or books for their kids to listen to whil rifing in the car. there are many inexpensive covers for the body as well as the screen to protect it.

Simply amazing!

from Christiansted, VI

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 3rd Generation MP3 Player:

I got my wife one of these when she got good grades in law school. She used it every day on the train in the Fall of '07 and loved it. The screen size is small, but the resolution makes up for it and the video is easy to watch.

The only thing that my wife doesn't like about it is that some of my music keeps getting on it :-)

Love it and love the red color!

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 3rd Generation MP3 Player:

The resolution is fantastic and at first I thought the screen might be too smal to view anything, but it's great for watching movies while you're traveling or in a waiting room. Nice and light-weight to make it easy to work-out with. Cover flow display sometimes has a second or 2 delay of displays the cover art if you're scrolling too fast, but other than that it's the best MP3 player I've ever owned. The added bonus is that some of the proceeds from my purchase went towards The Global Fund to fight AIDS.

Sounds like a full sound system in your ear!

from Lake Charles, LA

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 3rd Generation MP3 Player:

I recently received an IPod nano as a gift.  After spending more time than I would like to admit, I finally figured out how to down-load music to it.  Since then, I have been seen dancing around at work, the gym, and home.  My children threaten to suspend my IPod listening time!

I am loving the ease of use, outstanding storage capacity, and sound of my favorite toy!