Other Baby Monitors:
Movement Baby Monitors
Angelcare
401-US-1GV
Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit)

Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit)

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

Love our Angelcare Monitor!!

After I found out about the Angelcare monitor I decided to do a little research on them. I read reviews and asked for friend's and other parent's opinions and when we received some points to spend on whatever baby items we liked as a gift from my husband's work, we decided to get the Angelcare!

It's a really good monitor, easy to use and there are options for turning the sound/movement sensors on and off. Also pressing the central button mutes the sound for 2 minutes (handy when baby is just rustling about getting comfortable before sleep time!).

You do have to fiddle about with the movement sensor pad a little bit to get it in just the right place and at the right sensitivity; we still get false alarms occasionally - but I mean just that OCCASIONALLY and a couple of false alarms are worth it for the safety of my baby!

We don't ALWAYS have the movement sensor on, but it's a great reassurance, especially to first time parents like us - it's also good to just check up on baby - if just the sound is on and I feel anxious, I can switch the movement sensor on, check that the little icon is ticking away to show that she is still moving and then switch it off again, happy to know my precious little girl is safe and sound and I can leave her sleeping! It's certainly a much better option than tiptoeing into the room because you can't believe your luck at how long baby has been sleeping, so you get worried(!) - I've woken her up a couple of times doing that, but this monitor gives you that alternative option, so you can enjoy any extra peace and quiet you might get!

P.S My cons aren't REALLY cons when you weigh them out with the pros!

Ok monitor

I needed a new monitor with baby #4 as others have not lasted the test of time and always seem to die a fast death which is odd since they are doing nothing but sitting on the counter! I shopped online looked in stores nothing had great reviews but decided on this model the reviews were probably the best of what I could get in my price range. which is another factor monitors are all over the place with prices, I didn't need to "watch" my baby sleep, maybe that is a new parent thing not sure, I just need to hear when they wake up from naps. This monitor fits the bill and picks up sound fairly well, it does have some static and odd white noise, but we live in a old house and that can affect it. I haven't tested to see how far I can get from the room unit to see if it comes in outside or not, but we have a two story house and the units are on different floors and it comes in well.

Ok some static

A little but we live in an old house

Works great after 8 months

small enough to carry around

Peace of mind

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

We decided to go with this monitor and return the one given to us from our baby shower, especially after learning about what it does. We have absolutely loved it. I am a first time mommy and a huge worry wart, so this monitor has brought me so much peace of mind. I love that it monitors the baby's breathing and movement. Some of the other great features are the receiver has a nice color screen, has multiple features such as vibration mode or just audio mode. Another great feature is you can see the temperature in the baby's room and you can even set the temperature to the highest level you want and the lowest level, and when the temperature in the room goes above or under, the alarm will warn you. I also love that the base that goes into the baby's room has a night light on it which is not too bright but just bright enough so you can see. The only issues we have had with it is that if our daughter rolls off the mat into the far corner of the crib, it will not pick her up and the alarm will sound. This can be pretty nerve racking, but so far that is the only reason it has ever gone off. However we did decide to contact Angelcare and get two sensor pads, so they could be evenly spread underneath the mattress and this has helped. Angelcare customer service was very friendly and very helpful too. You will have to also adjust the sensitivity level to what works best for you and this may take some trial and error to get just right. I am very pleased with the decision to buy this monitor, yes it is a bit higher priced, but if you are like me and worry a lot, it will bring you so much peace of mind and to me that is priceless.

Great peace of mind

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

Provides a peace of mind so you can sleep. My LO co slept for the first 9 months, when the motion detector was most needed. Once she got used to her crib, I was relieved to have the sensor.

There were false alarms where the sensor couldn't detect her due to the fact that she was too close to the edge of the crib. Let me tell you, it's a horrible feeling hearing that alarm go off.

The cardboard that needed to be placed on the springs was a chore for my husband. Sizing it to fit perfectly, without scratching the finish of the crib. I feel like Angelcare should provide something that can be used so you can skip this step. I ended up removing it eventually because it looked tacky under the mattress and the sensor seemed to work fine.

Now that my LO is 13 months, I decided the sensor wasn't necessary and it was easy to disable the sensor to only use the sound part of the monitor.

It has a great nightlight attached so I can see when I go in to check on her in the middle of the night.

The parents monitor shows the temperature in your child's room so you can determine if it's too hot/cold so you can adjust accordingly.

Interference
I have never had any problems with interference. Within the year I've had it, no probems.

Essential.

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

If you value your piece of mind, buy this.
This monitor is exceptional.
As a first time mom, I wasn't comfortable to let my baby sleep in another room. I needed to hear him breathe every I woke up. Well, not only is the sound crystal clear with this monitor, it will alert you when it stops feeling your baby breathing. Now as I thought it was an extra feature that we would probably not need, we DID get 4 alerts, three of which were real problems (the fourth time, my mother in law took the baby from the crib without turning the monitor off first). I would have to pick up my baby and move him a bit to he wakes up and breathe again. Of course, my heart stopped beating every time, but who knows if this product saved my baby's life.
The only thing that I wish was different is that it makes a 'TOC' sound when turned on. As it has to be about 1 meter away from the crib, I'm always scared that turning the monitor on will wake up my baby (and every parent know how much work putting a baby to sleep is...).
All in all, I would buy it again and recommend it to all my pregnant friends.
I use it every night and for every nap.

Ok monitor

small enough to carry around

Great product

from Pleasant Grove, UT

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

We love this monitor. It certainly eases my mind at night. It has a great range too. There are a few features that I'm not too keen on. As my baby grows, I'd like to use it JUST as a sound monitor-without the sensor pad. However, I don't think that is possible. You must have both. I can see myself wanting to turn the monitor on and listen to my kids playing. Instead I guess we can only use it at night. Otherwise I love this.

Very amazing item.

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

I loved this. Instead of not sleeping at night because I was terrified something would happen to my baby, I got to sleep whenever she did. It does go off if you forget to put it on hold and pick the baby up, though. One way to get the lazy hubby out of bed, though!

Sound/Video Clarity
You have to have the sound box that you leave in the nursery REALLY close to the baby to hear much of anything from them. My baby was wailing and I did not hear it.

Interference
I never have any problems with interference.

I have dropped this and jerked it out of the wall on accident too many times to count. Somehow it still works!

Portability
The board goes underneath the crib mattress and there are a lot of wires that goes with it. I don't think it would be very portable.

• Portability:

Angelcare is a must have!

from Riverside, CA

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

Honestly, why even bother getting any other sort of monitor? If you want peace of mind, and to know your baby is safe his his/her crib, this monitor is a must-have!

We have only had one false alarm, and it was because our baby was too near the side of the crib and not being detected by the sensor. But honestly I would rather have 100 false alarms then to not know when my child is actually in danger. But as far as false alarms go, you probably won't get any with correct use.

I suggest buying the set with 2 movement sensor pads, just so you don't have to make sure your baby is in the right spot, and so you don't have as much of a chance of getting false alarms.

The only improvement I think they could make is to have some sort of auto-on. If it were to turn on when it detects breathing or something, just incase you forget. Although once you get in the habit of it, forgetting to turn it on is a rare occurance.

Angelcare Monitor: Deluxe is an improvement

from Davis, CA

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

I had the regular Angelcare monitor and returned it. When I set up the monitor and I tested it didnt work in my house. It would say baby was breathing when there was absolutely nothing in the crib, kind of defeats the purpose, right? I think it was the ceiling fan that it was detecting. I tried to lower the sensitivity etc and it still would pick it up. My friend has one that works wonderfully, so I think it's just dependant on your house and the environment of the room it will be used in. Just make sure you test it within the time period you have to return it. I ended up buying the Deluxe monitor and now I have 2 of them. One for my 7 month old and one for my 2 year old. I use it under my toddler's twin mattress so I will know if she gets out of bed at night. Works great!The deluxe version is MUCH MUCH better. The regular version has a ton of static. The deluxe has on option to turn off the static and you only hear any noise that your baby makes. It is silent unless your baby makes a noise. The deluxe version also lets you know the temperature of your baby's room and the parents' unit is rechargeable. I would definitely say it is worth the extra money. They both detect motion equally well though. I honestly wouldn't sleep a wink without it!

Wonderful Peace of Mind

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

My husband and I received this as a gift for our first child.  We'd never even heard of a baby monitor with the motion sensor pad.

It was a little bit of work to find plywood to go under the crib mattress, but it was totally worth it!

We just love the peace of mind that comes with having that motion sensor.  It takes a little work to make sure the sensitivity is set correctly, but it's easy to do.  We also use the feature that alerts you if the temperature in the nursery gets too high or too low (you set the temperatures), because our baby's room gets warmer than the rest of the house.

We've only had a couple of false alarms, but both times it was just nice to know the thing will actually go off!

Our son had a bit of a problem with reflux, and would have milk come up his throat at night.  I was constantly worried he would choke on it, but with the AngelCare monitor on, I was able to get some sleep as well.

Gives peace of mind

from Pickerington, OH

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

If it was not for this monitor, I would have never gotten any sleep while my son was a newborn.  This gave me complete peace of mind.  We use this along with our video monitor, we just turn the sound off. Sometimes on the baby monitor he would just look so still I would get scared, but then it was reassuring to look at this monitor and see the ticking back and forth to show that it was still recording him moving.  I had read reviews about a whole bunch of false alarms, but we used this every night and we only had one, and we really aren't sure that it was false.  For all we know he could have stopped breathing and started again when the alarm went off.  My motto is better safe than sorry. I highly recommend this to any new mom.  This gave me the confidence to let him start sleeping in his own room at 4 weeks, which allowed us to get more sleep and be better parents. I will use this with all my future children!