Other Baby Monitors:
Movement Baby Monitors
Angelcare
401-2PU-US-2SB
Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (Two Units)

Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (Two Units)

Pros

Cons

• Portability:

Worth every penny. NICU mom could finally sleep with this on.

My son was born 6 weeks early and spent thirty-eight days in the neo-natal intensive care. When he was coming home I knew I would use a co-sleeper because I didn't want him to leave my side but I still had a really hard time sleeping. I was constantly worried. He had reflux and I would worry he would aspirate or worse have an episode and stop breathing. Even though the doctors assured me he was in good health and did not need a monitor I was a nervous wreck. When your son goes from round the clock monitoring to just mamma it is overwhelming. I related me fears to my mother and another NICU mom at her work mentioned the AngelCare. I am so glad she did. I didn't even know you could purchase such a monitor. I bought one right away. My doctors scoffed at it and said they are unreliable. I did not find that to be true. The couple of times I had "false" alarms were because my son rolled off the pad and was a foot away when he was moved to his crib at 5 months. Obviously the monitor can't be expected to be perfect. The point is it was there for me if it needed to be. Who cares if you get a few rush to the nursery moments...to me they are so much better than the alternative. Now we use the monitor the traditional way as my son is 15 months and it is still working like a champ. I highly recommend this monitor to any mom that needs that peace of mind to get a good nights sleep.

The Angelcare Movement and Sound Monitor is a waste of money.

When I began registering for my baby shower gift items, I did extensive research on ALL the products I was wanting to get.  When it came to finding a monitor system, I found the Deluxe Angelcare Movement Monitor system and thought, "This has to be the best item for safety concerns."  Being a first time mother, I was scared to death of SIDS and thought this product would work wonders at helping me get a full nights sleep without worry.  It ended up being a huge waste of money, which I ended up returning to the store.  What they forget to mention, or at least they put it in the very small print, is that you need a stable wooden platform to put underneath the sensor pad and mattress.  This is not well defined on the packaging.  It also has to be put a certain, almost perfect way in order for it to work.  The point of the product is to detect a lack of movement in the baby, and supposedly can tell if the baby stops breathing after 20 seconds.  Then a loud alarm sounds to wake the baby up and let you know that something might be wrong.  The problem was, our baby would sleep so still, that alarm would go off constantly, waking everyone out of a deep sleep, and as a new parent, it's a blessing to get any sleep at all, so you take what you can get!  The monitors worked ok as well, and they also sell another version of the same product without the monitors.  In my opinion, unless you are extremely paranoid, or your child has breathing difficulties, then it would be a good idea to have one.  But after about a week or so, the worries start to tapper off, and a regular old fashioned sound monitor works just as well.  You might as well get one of the video monitors too, it would be a lot cheaper than the movement monitor.

Great Product!

from Pompano Beach, FL

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (Two Units):

This is a great product. I have been using it for 7 months now and it is great. Radio's work great. I live in a two story townhouse and it works in the house everywhere and I can even walk out to the mailbox a couple houses down and it still works. This version is better than the video monitor set because it has alot more features than the video one. The tempature has actually gone off one time when we were having an issue with our air conditioner, so it really works, We have had a couple false alarms when my baby was very young because they do naturally stop breathing for a second. It was great to know that it was actually working. The monitor batteries work through the night. We have had them on from 7pm to 11 and they still run. All and all great product.

Sound/Video Clarity
Sound works very good. Never had an issue with it being unclear.

Interference
The only interference we ever had with it was when you walk in the room with the monitor because it is too close to the base.

Never had an issue yet with durability.

Portability
As I mentioned earlier, I live in a two story townhouse and it works in the house everywhere and I can even walk out to the mailbox a couple houses down and it still works.

• Portability:

Peace of mind over and over again.

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (Two Units):

When we first started looking at baby monitors, my husband and I were torn between a video monitor or a movement monitor. We finally settled on the AngelCare Deluxe Movement and Sound Monitor with 2 units. Having two handsets has been wonderful. We can each have one with us or I can have one set out in one room and keep the other by my bed.
But the real benefit to this monitor is the peace of mind that it has given us as first time parents. Not only did we have peace of mind when we first brought our son home, but also for every sleep related first in between (first time giving him a blanket, first time with a pillow etc.).
I'm positive that I slept better knowing that the monitor would beep if his breathing slowed or stopped. If I did not have this monitor I would probably have gotten up countless times to check on him.
Even now that my son is a toddler we still love this monitor. It has been wonderful for the transition to a toddler bed (just the front railing off his crib) as it lets us know immediately if he has gotten out of bed.
Some other reviews I have seen noted that they had quite a few false alarms and we never had any issues with that. We also have had no issues with sound quality or battery life.
Overall, I highly recommend this monitor.

• Portability:

Do not know what I would have done without it!

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (Two Units):

This was a wonderful product. I started using this monitor when my baby was a newborn in a bassinet and still use it now that she is two in her crib. I was able to sleep with this monitor on knowing that if she stopped breathing, I would be alerted. It worked wonderfully. Sometimes it would go off if she was in a very deep sleep but that was rare. I know there was a recall with this product over the cords but we never had any issue with the cords coming into the crib. A little duct tape kept them firmly in place on the mattress. Now, I don't need it for breathing issues, but I love the night light in her room and the temperature feature. I can keep tabs on the temperature of her room and adjust the heat up and down. Overall, I really got my money's worth with this product and would highly recommend it to any parent looking for a monitor.

Sound/Video Clarity
Very clear and easy to hear.

Interference
Never had any static or interference from other frequencies...

Still working great after 2.5 years!

Portability
Probably not the most portable. I wouldn't move it back and forth a lot. Best if left in one spot.

Best thing ever!

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (Two Units):

This monitor is the only reason I was able to sleep. My son was born 8 weeks early and had sleep apnea, which meant he would stop breathing while he slept and this was accompanied by his heart rate dropping. He needed stimulation, by touching his arm or chest or head, before he would begin breathing again. Having this issue as a first time mom I was freaked out but having this monitor made it so I could sleep at night while he was in his crib. Best item I had!

Awesome!

from Brooke tx

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (Two Units):

I love this product! I had never heard about the brand until I researched it. They had one of the best reviews. I read so many the saved child's life's. I like that it's so light and small. The battery life is great! It will last about 10-12 hours straight on without running out of battery life. I purchased the one with only 1 receiver and it's been good. It also had a good range when we are outside cutting grass and the baby is asleep.

Sound/Video Clarity
The only thing I don't like is I occasionally get a static sound but it can just be my home.

They have fallen a few times and are still good. It's fallen from our shel and a drawer. The plastic part looks like it would break easily but it's actually pretty strong and have not had issues with the quality of it.

Portability
We travel a bit and every time I take it I do think it might break because of the antenna. Luckily it has not but it's not too easy to put anywhere since it's oddly shaped.

Would buy again

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (Two Units):

This monitor brought me peace of mind. I am an anxious kind of mom (until they get 'sturdy'). I found my just watching him sleep and breathe. I would worry about SIDs and not sleep soundly before we got this. Everyone hears the sad stories of babies who have died in their sleep. I would reccomend this product to anyone. It alarms if no movement is detected for a certain period.There were quite a few times that I picked our baby up and forgot to turn it off, it send out a loud alarm (you wouldn't be able to sleep through it). It went off a couple of time when our baby scooted off of the matt. It really works and is worth its weight in gold.

• Portability:

I Wouldn't sleep without it!

from Lisle, IL

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (Two Units):

We lost our first son to a tragic cord accident at birth. I just cannot be safe enough with my 2nd child. This monitor allows us to actually sleep knowing he is being monitored nonstop.

It does have super annoying false alarms, but it's worth it for peace of mind to me. We've been using it for 6 months and I love it. My son is now 9 months old and it works like a charm and is literally a saving grace. I'd recommend it to anyone and will be using for any subsequent children.

Portability
Very difficult to set up in other places. Must be tested.

Really cool.

from Dickinson, TX

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (Two Units):

I looked at alot of reviews for helping decide which baby monitor to choose for our soon to be son. I was torn because there were so many to choose from. I was online one day and read a post from a baby forum talking of how a monitor saved a baby's life because she stopped breathing and it alerted her parents and so it saved her life. Well, as soon as I read that story I knew I had to get the angelcare monitor because that could happen to me or my newborn child. I must say it was easy to assemble and put up. I had this all ready for when my son was going to be born so we could use this. Well the time came and gone and I never really used it. We had the angelcare monitor in the crib, however, my son slept in either his pack and play or his swing for the majority of the time. Long story short, I ended up taking down the monitor because I never used it.Most recently, I read an article in Baby magazine describing how those types of baby monitors give parents a false sense of security and thing s of that nature. I could not agree more.

Could not be happier with Angelcare Deluxe Baby Movement & Sound

from Hermon, ME

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (Two Units):

I C\could not be happier with Angelcare Deluxe Baby Movement & Sound Monitor!  It definitely gave me a peace of mind when we moved our son to his own crib.  I love that it is not only a sound monitor but also a movement monitor.  I have heard of people having false alarms with this monitor but we have not had one.  But I would rather have a false alarm with this monitor than not have this monitor at all.  I love that it can also alarm you to tell you if the baby's room gets too cold or too hot.  I also like that it can be used as just a sound monitor for when we travel.  The base unit has a built in nightlight that is the perfect brightness for the baby room.  It gives off just enough light so that we can see him but it is not bright enough to keep him awake.  The light is a nice soft blue light.  This monitor has allowed me to sleep a bit easier.  This monitor was recommended to me by a friend and I will be doing the same for all my other friends!

AngelCare is THE BEST monitor

from Chapman, KS

Comments about Angelcare Deluxe Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (Two Units):

I had done a lot of looking around and reading up on monitors before I settled on the AngelCare Monitor. The main thing that made me want AngelCare in the first place was obviously the motion sensor. I was always wondering how'd I'd sleep at night with the fear of sids always on my mind. So this was an amazing solution. When I got the monitor home and opened it up everything was packaged up nicely and there was assembly required(which is a major plus). Putting in the crib was extremely easy for me. I liked that the batteries in the handsets were rechargable so I didn't have to keep spending money on batteries. I also liked that they were cordless and I could go pretty far from the base while still getting reception. I can even go outside to the end of my driveway. The handsets features can be very confusing without reading the manual, so that is definitly a must. The only complaint I have is that I have a lot of false alarms and it goes off even though my baby is breathing, but in my opinion every false alarm is worth it to be sure.