1.9
American Craftsman
American Craftsman Windows

American Craftsman Windows

1.9

Have had good luck with the slider version.

It appears that others have had problems with their windows but I've had 2 American Craftsman slider windows with low E and argon for well over 6 years and have not had any problems with them. I special ordered them from home depot and installed them per the instructions. They open, close and latch without any problems. They were a huge upgrade from the single pane aluminum windows they replaced and I would purchase them again if i had to do it over. The 4 stars is only because they came with a fiberglass screens instead of aluminum ones, but a minor gripe. Again this review is for the Slider version.

American Craftsman Window Problems??

I am an investigator with the law firm of Meyer & Associates Co., LPA. Our firm has been researching a potential class action case regarding an alleged defect of the American Craftsman Windows during normal use. If you are experiencing this problem, and are willing to assist with our investigation, please contact me at 1-866-827-6537 or www.dmlaws.com and fill out a form so that our firm can evaluate your situation.

Never a problem

from Fort Myers, FL

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Good Insulation
  • Opens/Shuts Smoothly

Cons

• Ventilation

Comments about American Craftsman Windows:

I have purchased American Craftsman windows for multiple housed that I have owned both in Illinois and in Rhode Island. These included double-hung windows, sliding casement windows for the basement, and crank-open casement windows for the kitchen. I have never had any difficulty with ordering special sizes, nor with shipping, nor with workmanship of the windows. In all, I would estimate that I have installed at least three dozen American Craftsman windows to complete my renovation projects, and have I mentioned that they are priced very reasonably. Finally, I came across this site because I am searching once again for replacement windows for my retirement home in Florida. This time I am installing awning windows to replace the decrepit jalousie windows in my double-wide home.

American Craftsman Series 70 vinyl windows

Comments about American Craftsman Windows:

Anderson American Craftsman 70 Series vinyl windows, double hung, new construction. I am 70 years old and I installed these windows myself in my home on Cape Cod.. My experience ended with a perfect fit every time. My wife is pleased with their appearance and each and every one operates flawlessly. The price was unbeatable. Thank you Anderson.

Never received it

Comments about American Craftsman Windows:

There were so many screw ups that I never received my window after a month and a half. The window was damaged in shipment, and instead of immediately getting a new one shipped to me they sent the damaged one back to be repaired and re-sent out to me!!! I canceled this order and placed a new one. During the first call to Anderson directly I was told that she had no idea why a damaged window was to be repaired and sent back to me that as far as she knew, this was not company policy. During the second call, I was told that this was company policy!! I just called H.D. And they told me that my (repaired) window from the canceled order was in!! This order had been canceled 2 weeks previously, as I did not want to receive a repaired window. I was told, when I called the company for the second time that the window would be sent out in one week!! I just canceled the second order, and am glad I did after reading numerous bad reviews!! I WILL NEVER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!

TRASH, WINDOW I CAN NOT THIS IS BUILT IN AMERICA

Comments about American Craftsman Windows:

I put American Craftsman windows in my house, and they are TRASH. I work out of my house, my desk is next to the window, I love to have the window open when its nice weather. I have had to replace this window twice and put new balance in 20 times. They asked me how many time do I open and close the window I told them maybe 3-5 times a day depending on the weather, they told me that is to many times, they never heard of anyone opening and closing windows that much. Never will I ever buy any window from them again. I can not believe this is made in America. I am going to put new windows in my house again it will not be this trash.

Junk!!! Do not buy!

Comments about American Craftsman Windows:

I bought 16 windows. My house is freezing in the winter because the windows are extremely drafty. I have a film in between the triple pane glass of 11 out of the 16 windows that I bought. They replaced the sashes free of charge, but after I put 6 new sashes in, I saw daylight on the sides of the window. So now I have them taped up with weather striping. Some of them whistle terribly on windy days. I called the company and they said that there was nothing that they could do. I am sick over this. If I had the money to replace them with another brand, I would do it in a heartbeat. Don't buy them. You will be sorry!

Extremely drafty

Comments about American Craftsman Windows:

Extremely drafty windows. I recently installed 5 Double Hung Series 70 windows that I purchased at Home Depot. They are as drafty or worse than the ancient originals one I removed. The side channels are very poorly designed. Its like a wind tunnel through there. Right now the windchill here is 14 degrees and my house is freezing. I'm trying to seal them as best I could. Good thing I only purchased 5 of them. I own two apt. buildings and I have to replaced all the windows, but it's not going to be this brand for sure.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about American Craftsman Windows:

window weather felt stripping is coming apart. some are brittle and i had to glue the felt back on to the screen on others. bought 18 windows on 10/25/06. paid alot of money to be disappointed so quickly. i called customer service to get screens replaced with attached felt stripping with the up to date style of screen that i saw at home depot recently but was turned down. what about the life time warranty and the manufactures responcibility for poor quality after only 6 years of use. totally disappointed .

Poor quality product, poorer customer service

Comments about American Craftsman Windows:

I purchased 12 American Craftsman 3000 double hung windows 2 years ago and have had issues from the start. They leak, are poorly constructed and there customer service is horrible. I am going to go one more winter with plastic in the windows and replace them in the spring. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THESE!

Have had good luck with the slider version.

Comments about American Craftsman Windows:

is the window open or shut

from Grandville, MI

Comments about American Craftsman Windows:

i custom ordered 9 windows american craftsman 3900 double hung windows. so much air comes thought the window it feels like it is open. the channel that the lower window moves up and down in is not sealed at all and wind blows right in, does not seal... very drafty. windows provide no sound barrier my 35 year old windows did much better with sound.

i also installed two american craftsman gliding windows bought at home depot (not special order) guess what...same problem drafty and no sound barrier.

as if that was not enough i also installed a american craftsman slider 6' bought at home depot (not special order) and yes it has the same problem... drafty and no sound barrier.

DO NOT BUY AMERICAN CRAFTSMAN... just leave your windows and doors open instead it is cheaper.

i am going to contact customer service and see if they will fix... i will let you know what happens.