4.8
Alcon
Alcon Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops

Alcon Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops

4.8

Alcon Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops work!

While attending a local health fair I received a 1.5oz sample bottle of SYSTANE® ULTRA Lubricant Eye Drops from a vision care specialist vendor. This product was developed to treat dry eye, and what excites me is that these lubricating eye drops can be used by contact lens wearers (like me) while their lenses are in. I use the drops before placing my contacts on my eyes and than once or twice a day. I really only have a need to use the drops in my right eye where I received an injury many years ago and consequently have scar tissue that causes irritation and dry eye on that side when I wear my contacts, however I use the drops in both eyes. The viscosity is defiantly thicker than saline solution or rewetting drops, however not as thick as an eye ointment that doesn't distribute over the eye fairly quickly and cannot be used while contact lenses are worn. Definitely offers extended protection - when using rewetting drops I have to apply about once per hour, and with Systane Ultra I only apply once or twice a day. They also offer a non-ultra, preservative free and nighttime product.

Lubricated My Eyes, but Also Blurred My Vision

After spending some extended time on the computer (writing reviews for Viewpoints, of course), my eyes began to feel a little dry and fatigued.  My husband had several sample bottles of **Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops **given to him by our ophthalmologist, so I grabbed one to soothe my eyes.

The eye drops are specifically formulated to ease chronic dry eye, so I don't how well they work for allergy relief.  But my fatigued eyes were instantly soothed by a couple of drops of Systane.  My eyes immediately felt moisturized and less scratchy, and the tired feeling was adequately resolved.

If that were the end of the story, I would highly recommend these eye drops.  Unfortunately, at some point after using the drops my eyes began to feel blurry.  At first, I didn't connect the blurryness to the eye drops because I sometimes have blurry vision due to symptoms of multiple sclerosis (MS).   I was attempting to continue typing on the computer, but as I tried to focus on the screen the blurry vision seemed to get worse.  It also triggered my double vision (another symptom of my MS).  I gave up, took a nap, and when I awoke my eyes were back to normal.

Even though **Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops **did a good job of long term relief for my eyes, the blurry vision it caused was a deal-breaker for me. I need an eye drop that provides relief without affecting my vision.

Systane Ultra Artificial Tears for Post-Lasik

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Alcon Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops:

My doctor told me to use these drops after receiving LASIK. They really are high performance and keep my eyes hydrated and comfortable all day long. I've read that most people experience itchy, dry eyes or get the feeling that something is in their eye after LASIK. However, I have not experienced any of that and I think it's due to my use of these eye drops. I have noticed that if I only use the drops once a day (my dr said to use at least 4x/day) then my eyes will burn the next time I use the drops. But that is more from me just not following directions and letting my eyes dry out than it is from the drops. The drops are really easy to use and give my eyes a soothing and cooling feeling. I had my LASIK done in February and so have been using these drops for the past three months and may even have to use them for the next year. I have no complaints, however, since they work very well and do soothe my eyes.

Systane Eye Drops are the best drop on the market!

from Stoughton, Wi

Comments about Alcon Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops:

I have had chronic dry eyes for the last seven years, and I swear I have tried every eye drop on the market! Systane is by far the best eye drop around when it comes to lubricating your eyes! My eyes feel itchy, tired and dry all the time! I have tried many other eye drop brands and these symptoms were never resolved. Some of the other eye drops even caused my eyes to burn when the drops were applied. I went to my eye doctor and he recommended Systane eye drops! These are drops are just amazing! They have made a huge difference in how my eyes feel. I use Systane eye drops in the morning upon waking up and before I go to bed at night! These eye drops are so soothing! My eyes have never felt better! Systane eye drops are a little more expensive than some generic eye drops but they are well worth it! When it comes to something you are going to put into your eye, quality is key! I will never use another eye drop brand, regardless of any special discounts or coupons I may have!

Systane Eye Drops were the perfect solution for my dry eyes

from Urbana, IL

Comments about Alcon Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops:

For quite some time I used to notice that my eyes would tear at the slightest exposure to wind in my face. This promoted me to visit my opthamologist, who interestingly diagnosed the problem as dry eyes. He first plugged the tear duct temporarily to see it that would work me, but it did not. Then he gave me a host of free samples from brands like GenTeal, Refresh, amongst other things to try. While most of the drops did an adequate job in relieving my dry eye symptoms, none of these treatments, whether they were over the counter or prescription, relieved my dry eye symptoms as well as Systane. I have use Systane for more than 3 years now, and I use it maybe two times a day at the most when required. It has been the best solution to my dry eyes problem.

Systane Ultra is at the top

from Cary, NC

Comments about Alcon Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops:

I have conically dry eyes from environmental as well as lifestyle effects, and the Systane Ultra lubricating eye drops work the best. I actually was on a prescription earlier for tear production promotion but the cost of doctor visits as well as the prescription does not compare to systane drops. My eyes get really dry overnight, and when I say dry I mean dry. I will wake up after 2 hours and can barely peel my eyes open because of how dry they are. With the prescription, I would wake up every 4 hours to put eye drops in. Now with Systane, I use the eye drops before I go to bed, once in the middle of the night, and once when I wake up. It may not seem effective for my personnel case, but for somebody who has such drastically dry eyes, I will go to Systane Ultra drops versus anything else because of the lasting comfort. I recommend this product if you have severely dry eyes, 1 drop in each eye with normally suffice.

Pricey but worth it

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Alcon Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops:

I've tried all kinds of eye drops, from the cheap to the expensive and although this is a relatively pricier brand for eye drops, it's the one I prefer. I only need a few drops in order for it to really work, unlike other brands that i've tried, i don't need to put in more drops every hour. It really does work all day long and that's a lifesaver for me because my eyes are incredibly dry and get red due to the atmosphere at my job. It doesn't sting either like a lot of other eye drops and there's nothing like getting instant relief from dry itchy eyes, so i don't mind spending the extra money for the results. On the down side, it can cause slightly blurred vision when you first use it but it doesn't last long and when you feel the drops sinking in they really sooth and i think that compensates for the fact that it causes a bit of vision blurriness. A great eye drop for severe dryness and/or itchiness.

Alcon Systane Ultra Works!!

from Summerville, GA

Comments about Alcon Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops:

I have been diagnosed with "Dry Eyes" which means that your eyes will water a lot.  My Vision Care Specialist explained that your eyes are trying to lubricate the dry patches on your eyes and therefore they water a lot.  It is a big problem because it does interfere with anything that you are doing at the time. He gave me a 2.5 ml sample of Alcon Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops to try.  I tried them and they are fantastic.  They really work.  When my eyes start to water, I put a drop or two in them and in just a few seconds they are so much better. They provide quick relief for your symptoms and obviously are doctor recommended. They seem to last a long time. After using this sample, I purchased a full size bottle.  I carry one in my purse and have one at home also.  I am never without this bottle as I never know when I am going to need to use the drops.  With a Manufacturers Cash Off coupon these drops are reasonably priced.

My doctor told me to try it - now I don't go anywhere without it

from Portland, OR

Comments about Alcon Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops:

For years my eyes watered all the time. I would rub them, close them, sometimes wash them with water. Then last year I visited an opthamologist, who told me I had very dry eyes, hence the watering all the the time. She recommended Alcon Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops. I started using them, and the change was amazing. Yes, my eyes still water a little, but whenever they get annoying, I put a drop of Systane in each eye, blink a few times, and it gets better very, very quickly. This has made a huge difference to me in getting by day to day. Nowadays, I don't go anywhere without a bottle of Systane on hand somewhere. My eyes feel a lot better, and I'm sure they are without me rubbing them all the time.

I may, at some point, try other brands of eye drops to see if they work as well or better, But for now, I'm following doctor's orders and using Systane on a regular basis. It works pretty well, and there's no way I'm going to argue with that.

number one recommended by my eye doctor

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Alcon Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops:

Systane Ultra High Performance eye  drops are a lifesaver! I used to just buy any old kind of eyedrops that claimed to lubricate the eye, and I just figured they were all pretty much the same. I even bought the store brand of eyedrops.

Then I went to my eye doctor last March because I wanted to start wearing contact lenses again. So I got the full exam and everything, and the doctor said my eyes were very dry (despite me using other brands of eyedrops pretty much all the time) and after looking at my eyes she asked me if I felt tired all the time.I said "actually, yes". She said I wasn't actually tired but my EYES were tired, and she mentioned that Systane eye drops would help to wake up my eyes and keep them hydrated and I should use them every possible chance i got.

I've been doing so and I love them! They feel like a "thick" eyedrop and it feels like it's really doing it's job. This is a great product.

Lubricated My Eyes, but Also Blurred My Vision

from Chicagoland, IL

Alcon Systane Ultra: Great for Dry Eyes

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Alcon Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops:

I get very dry eyes, especially when I am tired. I also wear contacts, and often use some kind of lubricating drops first thing in the morning, before I put my contacts in.

I told my eye doctor that my eyes are very dry and asked if she could suggest a product. She gave me a sample sized bottle of Alcon Systane Ultra Lubricating Eye Drops and told me to try it. I tried it for a couple of days and liked it, so I purchased a regular-sized bottle, using the coupon that came with the sample. This product is kind of expensive, with or without a coupon. I'm normally pretty cost-conscious, but I think that good eye drops are expensive, so I think that it is worth the money, overall. I have tried several brands of eye drops, some more expensive and some less expensive, but this is the best product that I have found so far. Using a couple of drops in the morning kept my eyes moist all day, most of the time.

I definitely recommend this product, but if you wear contacts, don't use the drops while you have your contacts in.