Other Osteoporosis Medicines:
Actonel
Actonel Osteoporosis Medication

Actonel Osteoporosis Medication

Actonel is keeping my bone density the same

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Actonel Osteoporosis Medication:

At age 50 I was diagnosed with severe osteoporosis, after having a bone density test.  I was put on the weekly Fosamax, and it just didn't agree with me.  I would take it every 10-14 days because my stomach was bloated and I was in pain.

Around 3 years ago my doctor changed me to Actonel, which is taken monthly.  I am totally amazed that I have no bloating, pain, stomach cramps, or anything with it.  I try to take it the same day each month.

My bone density improved to begin with, but as I have been taking risedronate sodium tablets for 12 years now, it has pretty much stayed the same.  I am pleased to report that I am not losing anymore.

I take calcium suppliments, have given up caffeine, don't smoke, exercise like crazy, and eat and drink dairy products.

Here are the cautions before you think about taking this product:

'You should not take this medication is you have low blood calcium.If you cannot stand for 30 minutes.If you have kidneys that do not work properly.If you have a reaction to risedronate sodium.'

I have tried Boniva but with that medication you have to wait 1 hour before eating or drinking anything but water.

I am so pleased that they came out this a monthly medication.  I can enjoy my life more.

Has helped my osteoperosis

from Valley City, OH

Comments about Actonel Osteoporosis Medication:

I have had two bone density tests done so far after beginning the drug called Actonel.  It has been proven  to be an advantage to me and my health.  I have found no adverse effects in taking it.  My only problem is remembering to take it weekly.