Our microwave of almost 20 years is starting to go on so we bought this microwave as a back up. It is was worth the little money we spent on it and has come in handy. Our old microwave tends to blow out on us if we use it for too long so we end up using the kenmore more often. I have no complaints about our back up microwave but compared to our old microwave I do feel it doesn't heat as well for a short time span. I notice what you put in the kenmore will need an extra minute or two to heat up compared to our old microwaved so we are adjusting to the new changes in times for heating. This microwave has not failed us yet for the low price we paid for it so it is worth buying if you are looking for an inexpensive good working microwave.