4.1
American Express - Premier Rewards Gold Credit Card

AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD

new york

A Legal Nightmare

Forced to stay @ Double Tree ( Hilton ) in Plymouth Meeting, PA from April to June 2017, my Civil rights were violated. Three of the Hotel Staff with full knowledge of the Front Desk Manager googled me illegally and then slandered me in the Hotel and in many of the Local business people ( they called me ). I am due a credit of over $7,580. We are pursuing criminal slander charges............and AMEX is not giving me the credit and instead support the Rights Violations of Double tree. Cardmember since 1976.

Philadelphia, PA

false

bad

this is easy for hack

bad

false

I like this credit card it's good for using it

it is the safe to use it in internet

ARMENIA

true

This card is a big deal...

I have always been a fan of American Express. I have held a number of their credit cards over the years and have been very happy with them and how they do business. This card was my very first American Express card, and I really love the prestige of having the card and pulling it out when I needed to make a purchase. This card can be used everywhere and people accept it gladly. What I really like about this particular card is you have pay the balance in full or you have the option of holding over the balance, whichever works for you from month to month. Customer Service They really have a great customer service department. They are very knowledgeable about what American Express offers to it's customers and if they can do something to make it better for the customer Available Rates At the time I had this card, they did not have rates. They did not have late fees, or anything like that. I recommend this card highly.

true

Great for airfare and food

I've had this card for only around 2 years now, but realized this is an amazing card. While there are some drawbacks to this card, overall it's one of my favorites. The amount of points you can gather with this card is quite nice. The card gave me over 40,000 points for simply meeting spending requirements my first year, and 15,000 bonus points last year. My advice for this card is use it for flight tickets and groceries. I get 3 points for every dollar spent on airfare and 2 per dollar at a grocery store. What I don't like about the card is the high $175 fee. It really takes away from the rewards program. I only earned around $600 worth of points last year and taking $175 away is a big hit. In my opinion, to make this card worth it, use it mostly on airfare and groceries and whatever else you need to reach $30,000 in one year to make it worth the high cost. Customer Service I know I can always speak to a real person and don't have to go through some automated system for too long. Available Rates You must pay every month, so there are no interest rates.

Good Perks, Fair Cashback rewards for an annual fee

This card definitely has some good perks such as travel insurances for luggage, rental cars, etc. I have filed a couple of claims in the past for lost or stolen luggage and my claim was taken care of quickly and without a lot of hassle. Although two thing could definitely be better with this card. One is the $90 annual fee. I feel that if i am already paying $90 I might as well pay $300 and get the Platinum card and get much better perks (including airport lounge access), but if you are only going to do a small amount of traveling and what that piece of mind than the Gold card would be the one for you. The second is that the cashback rewards is not that good. It is effectively 1/2 cent per dollar spent (Even though they give the perception that it is 1 cent / $ +). Anyway if you are doing a lot of traveling I would get the Platinum over the Gold card hands down. Customer Service Customer Service is Excellent. Every time that I have called in with a question or to file a claim, everything has been completed to my satisfaction in a quick and efficient manner. I was never given any hassle for claims that I was filing. Available Rates The rates were decent for American Express. I never carry a balance on my card so I am probably not the person to ask for this aspect. Although there are definitely a lot of better cards out there with lower interest rates. This card is for someone that does a lot of traveling or going abroad for the convenience and insurance.

They are on your side!

American Express truly exemplifies great customer service by proving time and time again that they are at your service. From fraud to theft, I've had many issues cleared promptly through their service. I've never had a negative impression as they are truly professional and work out of their way to please you. Also, they have a great membership rewards program with great selections of merchandise and gift cards to redeem. I started off with twenty thousand points through a promotion so try to look for one when signing up. They also have a great policy for returns even if the stores themselves won't accept it. I've had many instances where i was able to return items through this policy. However be aware that their interest rates are higher, so you should pay off your balance every month. And regarding the annual fee, for my first year, my fee was waived so take advantage of the trial period and spend away knowing you are in great hands.

true

I appreciate having this card.

I've had this card in my wallet for 6 years and am not disappointed. The customer service is great, it is accepted at all but one of the places I regularly shop, and the reward points are helpful. Also, like some of the other reviews mention, this card does have higher annual fee than most other cards avsilable and each year I evaluate and decide if it's still a good fit for our family's needs or not. So far the answer has been yes with no regrets. Those reward points are enticing and the discipline of paying in full each month works well for us. Available Rates This card has no monthly interest given the fact that it's paid off in full each month. I appreciate this feature because it allows for reward points to be earned without interest being charged. I know there are other options available than this one but have never explored them. Perhaps it would be worth checking into at some point in the future, I like having the options there if I ever want to use them.

Great for small businesses

We applied for and use an American Express Gold Card for our small business, and have been mostly happy with it. While this is called a credit card, you can't carry a balance and are expected to pay off the balance each month. For our purposes, this has had good and bad points. On the downside, if things every get very tight the company can't carry the balance for a few months until cash flow increases. American Express also isn't accepted in as many places as Visa or Mastercard, but anywhere of signifigant size will accept it. We have honestly only had one issue with a vendor who didn't, and I think they used a strange system. Compared to our Wells Fargo card, their website is surpisingly spartan but you can do most of what you need to do. However, for our needs all the downsides are more than made up for by the benefits if you qualify. In our case employees are able to make company purchases for small to mid-range items without having to deal with paperwork or purchase orders, and if (heaven forbid) something goes wrong you have the might of an 800 pound corporate gorilla in your corner fighting for you. This has happened, and brings is us to the next upside: American Express' customer service. When we did have these issues, help was a phone call away with little to no hassle or stress on our end. In terms of rewards, you are looking at a straight 5% cashback in points which can eventually be converted to cash or their catalogue of benefits (we just use cash back). 5% isn't a lot when you're buying toiletries, but when you are purchasing bigger ticket items it can add up.

American Express - Premier Rewards Gold Credit Card