3.3

Valspar Venetian Plaster

3.3

Shoulda wallpapered instead!

Comments about Valspar Venetian Plaster:

I viewed the You-Tube Valspar video and did the roller app for the 1st coat. Was too thick to really do that - definitely didn't look like the video. 2nd coat was the trowel. My fault for doing it uneven but it definitely did not cover any flaws. I should have used 2 coats of primer first and maybe tinted them. Lots and lots of pinprick size holes. I used the gold color and do not like it. I am wondering if I can 'correct' this by sanding all the tiny holes away and if I can do a 3rd coat with a diff color to make it appear more yellow? I have arthritis so after spending 6 hrs total application time it will be a few weeks before I'm ready to fix this!

Polishes wonderfully but touch ups terrible!

from Radford, VA

Comments about Valspar Venetian Plaster:

I have been working with Venetian plaster for over 14 years now in synthetic and the real Italian plaster. My first reaction when using Valspar Venetian plaster was that it was a God-send! It goes on fairly well. A little bit too much curl around on your blade. Could be a little thicker so it does not drip so quickly. Polishing was a breeze with a buffer. Using a stainless steel trowel tore off sections of the plaster and caused de-laminating! The next problem was when I had to do a small touch up for two small screw holes that needed filling and normally with a good brand like Modern Masters that is no problem or even Behr Venetian. (Behr no longer carries VP!) The touch up came out looking terrible and I had to end up doing the entire wall again even though I used the same product a month later that was left over!
For the professional this is not a good product to work with and can bite you in the rear big time. The company needs to do more product research to improve the quality. I would rather pay more and get a better product.

Anyone can make Valspar Venetian Plaster look great!!

from Alliance, OH

Comments about Valspar Venetian Plaster:

This is a wonderful product.  Used it for laundry/bathroom.  Old damaged walls were hidden easily with this product!!  Very easy to use...time consuming but idiot proof!!  I am not a neat painter and I tend to lose interest after a time and get sloppy.  This doesn't show that at all because of the textured surface it produces.