View more Non-Clumping Litters

3.7

Pros

Cons

Effective in odor-control, but use the Multi-cat, LOC

Our 2 indoor cats really like the Tidy Cat, Multi-cat, Long odor Control litter.  They are notlitter-mates, so sharing the use of a litter box could be an issue.  This product is used forall of our litter boxes.  Boxes are checked & solids scooped out at least twice/day.  Really doget usage.  When boxes are dumped, they are water & detergent scrubbed with utility brush,then a disinfectant cleaner brushed on & left for 10 mins, thoroughly rinsed & boxes driedbefore new litter.   Other litter brands tried previously, but cats really dig, stir, & make dust;I sensed a urine odor much quicker than with Tidy Cat.

Tidy Cat changed there formula

I have used Tidy Cat for 13 years.  About 2 months ago the odor changed and I thought it was my cats.  I have 3 cats, so I took them to the vet and their stuff to be looked at, all was fine.  Since then I have been noticing the smell of the liter is strong, when the cat pees it leaves a weird odor.  When I go to scoop it out, the pee does not clump anymore, it lays wet.    Why did Tidy Cat have to change their product?   The past couple weeks I have been trying to figure out what to change to.

Scoopable with Glade Odor Control

from Pineview, GA

Comments about Tidy Cats Multiple Cats Clay Cat Litter:

Best cat litter I have found, house smells better because Tidy Cats has Glade freshner in the litter and our cat enjoys a fresh smelling litter box.

Moisture Absorption
Clumps all urine into a solid clump for easy removal

Odor Control
Keeps the house and litter box smelling clean

Just poor and scoop

• Odor Control:

Decent cat litter at an excellent price

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Tidy Cats Multiple Cats Clay Cat Litter:

I prefer my cats not to use litter, but as I was training my new kitten to slowly start going outside, I wanted a cheap cat litter to get her by. Living in a small town, we don't have many cat litter options, so I chose this brand. It's done a decent job, and since I'm not well versed in cat litter, I like how well this works. My favorite part is the lack of dust with this cat litter. I know that is not a main selling point, but it is a definite benefit.

Moisture Absorption
I didn't realize how well this cat litter did until I purchased another brand. This really clumps like it should and makes cleaning easy.

I don't find litter boxes particularly easy to clean. However, this litter was as easy as I've ever used.

Odor Control
This cat litter does an excellent job of odor control. I have no idea just how well it works until I switch to another brand.

I wish it was easier to pour, but the large bag makes it a little difficult. However, I do know that is part of what keeps the price down.

• Odor Control:

Spend a few more bucks and get better

Comments about Tidy Cats Multiple Cats Clay Cat Litter:

Having a few cats myself, I have been through it all when it comes to litter. I have tried this product and have not bought since. Although it's cheap in price, it's also cheap in quality.

Moisture Absorption
It does a decent job at absorbing, as long as it's the first few uses. After that, I noticed the urine would go right through and onto the bottom of the litter box.

This litter does not seem to absorb much, therefor the bottom on the litter box becomes caked in urine and feces. It makes cleaning the litter box hard. What's even worse is how sticky it becomes when wet, causing it to stick to cat's feet and track all over the house.

Odor Control
It does a fair job at controlling the urine and feces smell, but not as well as most other brands. The litter itself it almost worse smelling than anything else. ALL litter smells funky, but this is so strong smelling itself, that it's not a little I'd use indoors.

This comes in a such a big bag and is hard to pour. You will need a separate scooper, or a steady hand. There is no pour spout and the bag is somewhat flimsy, making it hard to pour.

• Odor Control:

Do not waste your money on this cat litter!

Comments about Tidy Cats Multiple Cats Clay Cat Litter:

This is not a high quality cat litter and I am not impressed with my purchase. There are many reasons why. First, the amount of dust that this Tidy Cats product generates is unbelievable. The dust traveled quite a long distance, and I found "cat litter dust" two or three rooms away from where the cat box is located in my house. The dust cloud that was generated when I poured the cat litter into the box was very bothersome and made it difficult to breathe. Second, the only effective way of cleaning the cat box when using this cat litter was a whole cat box change (dumping the litter out and replacing it with fresh litter). My cat prefers to use a clean box every few days, so this was not cost effective at all for my situation. Clearly, the upfront price is appealing. It looks like you are getting a great deal (especially if you can pair a good sale with a high value coupon). Using this product is not a pleasant experience. I would not recommend this to a friend.

Average cat litter

Comments about Tidy Cats Multiple Cats Clay Cat Litter:

I tend to buy the Tidy Cats Multiple Cats kitty litter often because it has a reasonable price. However, I am not sure why the label states this kitty litter is a brand for multiple cats within a household because it seems to work the same for one cat or multiple cats.

Moisture Absorption
I have two cats and 3 litter boxes for them and no matter how often I clean the cat boxes their urine is always saturated to the bottom of the litter boxes while soaking the bottom layer of kitty litter, making the litter stick to the bottom of the litter box.

The cleaning of the Tidy Cats Multiple Cats kitty litter is not very easy. This litter does not clump at all nor stick to my cats feces much at all. Since the bottom layer of this kitty litter is soaked with urine, I have to scrape the bottom of the litter box to get most of the stuck to the bottom of litter box crud off.

Odor Control
I find this brand of kitty litter to not control odor at all. If I don't clean the litter boxes every 2 days my house smells like cat urine in every room.

This brand of kitty litter is easy to use. The bag it comes in however, can be difficult to open and if the bag tips over the litter will spill everywhere.

• Odor Control:

For sure your cats will be happy and clean

Comments about Tidy Cats Multiple Cats Clay Cat Litter:

Easy to use 10 lb bag makes your chore quick and simple. Product effectively controls odors with minimal dust.

Moisture Absorption
Thr clay granules absorp moisture so cats can use product longer.

Product is very scoopable making for an easy cleaning experience.

Odor Control
Great odor controlling product. You and your cats will be satisfied with the lack of odor in the litter box area.

• Odor Control:

TERRIBLE cat litter. Does not clump at all!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Tidy Cats Multiple Cats Clay Cat Litter:

I bought this litter, because, as we all know, the economy is terrible and we are all struggling to find places to pinch a few cents. I bought Tidy Cat's Multiple Cat Litter one time and I will not be purchasing it ever again. I have two cats and when I used another litter that is a little more expensive I did not have any of the issues I had with Tidy Cats. The litter did not clump nearly as well I thought it would. I had to change the entire box way before I normally would with my other litter. Also, I do not think it really absorbed the odor at all. I had to change the entire box after a week, which is unheard of in my home. I scoop every day, so normally, I can go about two weeks before having to change the whole box. I was angry that I had wasted my money on this litter. I also noticed that my cats tracked more litter around the house while I was using Tidy Cat than they did with the other litter. This is definitely an instance where purchasing the better litter is always the better choice.

Not Impressed

Comments about Tidy Cats Multiple Cats Clay Cat Litter:

I am not at all impressed by Tidy Cats Litter. I have three cats of my own and it should be obvious that their litter box needs cleaned multiple times a day. Unfortunately however, the only thing this cat liter seems to clean is their feces and none of their urine. Anytime you go to scoop up the clumps of urine, there aren't any. Tidy Cats for multiple cats hardly clumps and of the cat urine and in not doing so, leaves a horrible smell in my house. I will definitely not be buying this product again.

• Odor Control:

Tidy Cats Multiplle Cat Litter is excellent at controlling odor.

Comments about Tidy Cats Multiple Cats Clay Cat Litter:

I have 4 cats ranging in age from 3 years old to 16 with only one litter box. The box is located in a room off the first room you enter into when my apartment is entered and if I have cleaned out the box in the morning and evening, no one ever knows that I have cats; let alone 4. This is an excellent product.

Cheap but easy

Comments about Tidy Cats Multiple Cats Clay Cat Litter:

This is not a clumping litter, therefore do not expect it to be a good choice for those who scoop their box everyday. However, this makes a great cheap litter to fill extra litter boxes when you are going to be gone for extended periods of time. I always set up an extra litterbox using this litter when I'm out of town for the weekend. When come home, I just bag the litter up and trash it. The litter does a great job co tiling the odors while I'm away.

Moisture Absorption
It does not clump well at all. But it is not supposed to be a clumping litter.

I keep a trash bad as a liner in my litterbox, so all I have to do is close and tie the bad and toss. There is no scooping required.

Odor Control
This litter does a great job controlling the odors while I'm away, so I dont come home to house that smells like a dirty litterbox!

It's easy to open the bag and pour into the litter box. I later use the empty bag to double bag the trash bag full of litter when I dump the litterbox.