Other Litter Boxes:
Dust free, Litter Box, Low Tracking
Tidy Cats
Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System

Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System

Pros

• Durable (3)
  • Reduces tracking (3)

Cons

• Indoor cats (3)
  • Multiple cats (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (3)

DROP BREEZE PELLETS, GET PINE PELLETS

First of all! Forget about the stupid pad and pellets that you cannot find anywhere. Go to publix and get greenwise organic pine pellets. Gradually mix them into old pellets. DO NOT GO COLD TURKEY on your cat, he'll stop using the litter box. Do it a scoop a day, until all white pellets are replaced with pine pellets. Then remove the pad from the tray. When you cat pee, the pine pellets absorb and crumble, and fall through the grating into the tray. Just empty the trey and wipe with organic cleaning solution. Refil the box with fresh pellets as they go. It is VERY CHEAP and VERY CLEAN! And a lot better for Nature. God knows what those white pellets are made of. I absolutely love it!

Smart Cat Box - cheaper to use than the Breeze system

The Breeze Litter system looks great, but is kind of pricey because of the consumables (pads & pellets).  The Smart Cat Box came out much earlier, and is a very similar system in that it also uses non-absorbent litter.  But the main difference is that instead of the pee pad to soak up the urine, the Smart Cat Box has a drawer underneath that collects the urine.  You just slide out the drawer and empty the urine into your toilet.  So that eliminates the expense of buying the pee pads.

Another difference is that the Smart Cat Box uses special safflower seeds for non-absorbent litter.  The seeds work fine, but I actually like the Breeze pellets better so I bought the pellets to use with the Smart Cat Box.   I don't want to buy new pellets every month, so I wash them every few weeks and they seem to last longer.  (I've only been using the pellets for about 6 weeks so I don't know yet how long they will last.  I couldn't really wash the safflower seeds, because they ended up getting kind of moldy looking.)

Best Litter System EVER!

from Solon, OH

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

We have three cats and have tried everything, including expensive automated boxes. We hated the constant maintenance, the smell and litter tracking all over the house. This system has cured all of that. It is so easy to maintain, I don't dread taking care of it. The tracking and smell are a thing of the past. You can't even tell we have litter boxes anymore. The cats love it too, no issues with them using the box. As far as expense goes, we're not spending any more now than we did before on regular litter, and we're so much happier. I would totally recommend this system to anyone. If they ever take it off the market, I'll seriously cry.

Different kind of litter system

from Allentown, PA

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

Tidy Cat Breeze Litter System comes with a litter box, pads, litter, and a scooper.  The litter box is large and comes with high privacy walls.  This also helps in keeping the litter in the box when your cat enters and exits.  The scooper can be hooked onto one of the walls for convenient storing.  The pads go underneath the litter box in a slot.  After the pad is used you remove it and throw it away and replace it with a new one.  The litter does not look like regular cat litter.  They look like pelets.  If you like clumping cat litter or ordor eliminating cat litter I would not recommend this system.  I found that there is nothing to mask or eliminate the smell.  I have only seen the litter box come in the color green so if you would like it to match the room you put it in I would make sure this color green matches.  Tidy Cat Breeze Litter System is expensive.  I have seen the cat litter and pads for this system sold at Pet Smart.  I believe these can get a bit expensive also.

I would recommend the Purina Breeze System

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

We have been using the Purina Breeze System since we discovered it in our local Walmart. We were intrigued by it and its claims so we decided to try it out. We are happy with it and the fact that the pellets do not have to be changed very often. In fact we rinse the pellets off with cold water once or twice before we feel the need to change them and they last longer. We change the pads frequently as they become wet. There is very little odor with this litter system, but as wth any litter, you have to stay on top of it. We have four cats and three litter boxes with regular litter and the one Breeze box. Three cats will use the Breeze, but the oldest cat that is set in her ways has not taken to it. It is an expensive method to use, but I am pleased with it.

Cats don't care for it and nasty to clean.

from Grand Island, NE

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

I received a Tidy Cats Breeze system through a deal where you try it out and give your opinion. In the beginning I was really excited because we are always looking for better ways to clean up after the cats. It took the cats a long time to even try it. Eventually they started urinating in it. Which was okay because it made the other box not so bad. We had it out for probably over a year and they never once pooped in it. And we did have more incidents where my older cat urinated on the bathroom rug. He does that if we wait too long in between cat box cleanings. While we were using the Tidy Cats Breeze system he did more often. But the worst part of the whole thing was the cleaning of it. Supposedly its supposed to be really easy and convenient. But thats only if you change the pad pretty much daily. If not, the urine goes right through the pad and it is totally gross cleaning it out. We changed it weekly at least and the pad was all stuck to the bottom and we would have to actually clean the bottom tray. They only good thing I really have to say is it did elliminate litter tracking. So needless to say. We are no longer using it and have went back to regular litter boxes where we can just scoop it out and all is done.

easy to use

from Port Arthur, TX

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

we bought this litter sysytem on clearance and it was a great buy.even though we order the pellets and pads online,they arent that expensive if you buy in bulk.there is no smell .only if you never scoop it or change the pad,best buy ever and never going back to anything else.

The Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System is my Cats Meow!

from Dana Point, CA

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

The Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System is my Cats Meow! I recently reviewed the pellets that are the litter of this system, so I will go ahead and embellish on some of the other qualities of this cat box. I have tried almost every littler box/system on the market, and this seems to be one of the best solutions.First, it was a bit pricy and while I live in a city, the box I purchased had a mail in rebate that expired in 08...kinda frustrating to know its been sitting for a while. None the less, I had some really good coupons and thought I would give it a try. I got the box home, removed the other box my 2 big boys were currently using and the took right to it. It is a simple system where the urine flows through to a pad that absorbs the liquid and odor while you have to scoop the solid waste daily. It works well for controling odor IF you clean it every day as often as your cat uses it. It IS easy to clean and is not horribly expensive, especially considering the major odor benefits. The price for the litter is very reasonable, especially if purchased in bulk and the pads are also modestly priced. I use one bag of litter and about 4-5 pads for one month and I don't need to use extra or change the pad as often as they recommend even though I have 2 large cats using one box. It REALLY controls the odor well! I will emphasize, there is no odor if you clean the solids! My only real complaint is that it is hard to find the pellets and pads in a petstore, even large chain stores, though it is easy to get online. Lastly, it does track, not as bad as most litters, but you will see little pellets here and there. And if you have a dog you are trying to keep away from them, good luck, mine thinks they're her newest toy.

The Tidy Cats Breeze Little System is "a breeze"!!

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

I have been using regular Tidy Cats little for years now with my one (very large) cat. Occassionally I'd also get Arm and Hammer if it was on sale. Not only was regular cat little expensive to be buying all the time...it's also so messy! My cat has really long hair and he frequently gets little stuck in the hair on his back legs and even around the base on his tail. It would gross me out to find it tracked around the house. Cat litter is not what I want to find laying beside my head on my pillow at night! I first got the Tidy Cats Breeze Little System last summer when I was going on vacation and my cat was staying with a friend for the week. I felt so grateful to her for keeping him (he's diabetic and high maintenance!) and I thought this little system would be cleaner and easier than the traditional litter box. It turns out that it was. I use it at home now and it's been so much easier and cleaner than his old box. The litter pellets never get stuck in his fur and don't get tracked around the house. the pellets don't clump and need to be scooped out so they last much longer. I'm very pleased with this product.

The Breeze system saved my cat!

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

I cannot say enough good things about the TIdy Cats Breeze Litter System! It literally saved my cat, as I had had enough of litter box cleaning and smell. My one male cat (neutered) was making the whole house smell like "cat" and I was frustrated. My mother-in-law came to visit and brought her cat and her Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System. It was love at first sight for me and my cat! I immediately noticed that there was no smell, and my cat began to use this system with no prompting from me -- leaving his old litter box in the dust! My cat likes his box to be nice and fresh, and he found litter box "paradise" with the Breeze system!

I am budget-conscious, and have found that this system is more expensive to maintain. No more cheap or free litter with Buy One Get One Free deals or double coupons! But I am glad to pay a little more for a fresher smelling house and happy cat. Thank you, Tidy Cats!

Tidy Cats Litter breeze good for older cats

from New York, NY

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

I have 3 cats and I also have 2 other  litter boxes besides the Litter Breeze System. I noticed that my oldest cat who is 12 uses this box the most and I think that its because he can fit in it so comfortably. It's a little expensive for the refills but they last me for a couple of months and that pays for itself in not having to buy as much cat litter as before. I like it and its easy to keep clean and odor free.

'OH ITS REALLY IS A BREEZE', THE TIDY CAT BREEZE LITTER SYSTEM

from Gretna, LA

Comments about Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System:

Oh i am sold, i never wanted cats because of the smells.then one day went to a friends house and she had a very lovely inside cat that you could not smell when asked about the smell she informed me she used the TIDY CAT BREEZE LITTER SYSTEM i then was sold i now have a cat and also use TIDY CAT BREEZE LITTER SYSTEM.