4.1
Sony Vaio All-in-One Desktop Computer

Sony Vaio All-in-One Desktop Computer

4.1

It's good for anyone.

I won my computer about 5 years ago.  So I don't know what it would have cost.  But it has been a great computer overall. It's fast and easy to use.  It came with LOTS of space and a great sound system.  We use it to watch movies alot of the time.  I don't like the screen though.  It's a plasma screen and it looks funny.

Low maintenace, hard working computer

I bought a Sony Vaio in 2004. I did not know alot about computers at the time. The Sony came with alot of Software already loaded and ready to go. As a new user I liked this option.

I don't like the fact that it has only 245m of ram. It has space for 4 times this amount but I had to add it myself.  It has 2 hard drives and the operating one(c) has the lowest amount of space. Only 14GB. Drive D has 77GB. So not much ram or hard drive space, but like I said i was new at this.

On the upside. I have not had any maintenace problems in the 5 years that I have used this computer. It is so easy to use and is compatible with most other devices.

I do alot of work online such as uploading pictures. Needles to say I did not haave enough working  ram and had to add more.  The harddrive is not big enough to hold very many programs. I have deleted most of the ones that were preloaded and added the ones i need.

If I were to buy a computer tody I would not purchase a Sony Vaio. There are so many out there with lots of ram and harddrive space a lot less in cost.  I paid 1000.oo for mine.

A lot has changed since 2004. Computers are made better more powerful for less.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Sony Vaio All-in-One Desktop Computer:

Poor reliability and repair service. This has been a nightmare. The hard drive crashed within 1 week. After being sent out for repair it crashed again first day back. I solved that by not loading the Free Trial Version on Microsoft Office ( Purchased Office instead) It takes 12 hours to reformat to original settings. Sent out again because the TV Tuner also did not work. Took forever. They could not track the repair service when I called to check because the only number they gave me, an E Event number was not working in their system. Eventually got it back without warning. TV still does not work properly.

• Hardware Quality:
  • Support & Service:

Sony VAIO All-In-One Computer J Series

from New London, NC

Pros

Cons

Comments about Sony Vaio All-in-One Desktop Computer:

This is the best computer ever. I don't know a whole lot about computers, but I was able to set it up all by myself. There are still alot of programs on this computer that I have yet to work with. I would reccommend The Sony VAIO All-In-One to everyone. Comes with easy to use programs, self explanatory. Comes with wireless keyboard and wireless mouse. It has touch sreen which is nice, but I don't use it much at all. I do let my 3 year old grandson use the touch screen and it makes it easier on me so I don't need to stay right there with him when he is watching videos and wanting to watch one right after another.The reason I don't like the touch screen is because the screen gets prints all over it and they are hard to get off. It also comes with built in speakers and dvd burner.

Worth the money?

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Sony Vaio All-in-One Desktop Computer:

Over the past few months I had been looking into a new laptop computer. After checking out Dell, HP and a few other big name brands, I came across the Sony Vaio. I have owned a bunch of different brands of computers over the years and I must say, the Vaio is close to the top.

The computer does everything I wanted and more. I use it for my everyday stuff along with my work. The Sony Vaio came with some of the best software that is out there. Some of them have trials and some are on the computer for good.

The screen size is amazing. I use it when I travel and every single time I pull it out to watch a DVD on the airplane, someone always asks what brand it is. I have not really had a chance to play games on the computer but I am sure it could handle just about anything.

I ended up paying way too much for the system but, you do get a quality machine for the price. I am thinking my next laptop will be a Dell, one that I can build myself. The Sony Vaio has great features but, do I need them all?

Low maintenace, hard working computer

from Mcalester, OK

Comments about Sony Vaio All-in-One Desktop Computer:

A lot has changed since 2004. Computers are made better more powerful for less.

a very composite desktop computer

from Yorba Linda, CA

Comments about Sony Vaio All-in-One Desktop Computer:

When it was time to choose a new computer, we did a very extensive research on computers before we decided on the Sony Vaio. At first we couldn't decide between a laptop and a desktop, but we figured that a desktop was more useful than a laptop. And we figured that we'd get a laptop later on anyway.

The Sony Vaio that we bought did not come with a printer or monitor but the processor is very fast even after 3 years! It also comes with a complete Media center which includes video editing, photo editing, tv, etc. It also comes with preinstalled Adobe Photoshop elements so you can do you photo editing there if you wish.

There are 2 slots for dvd/cd's/medias. And although I am not by any means a computer expert, the computer is very easy to use. It's very user-friendly and there are lots of tools to help you if you get stuck.

The reasons why we also like the Vaio is because of Sony's reliability and good standards in producing quality computers.

I love my Sony Vaio all-in-one computer!

from Rio Rancho, NM

Comments about Sony Vaio All-in-One Desktop Computer:

I love the fact that this computer is  quick and easy to use.  My first question was where is the CPU and the salesman said it is all in one and I said we will take it.  One of the best decisions I have made in a while.  My teenage sons knows alot about computers and loves it as well.

Best computer I've ever had.

from Rising Sun, IN

Comments about Sony Vaio All-in-One Desktop Computer:

This is the best computer I have ever owned. The Sony Vaio all in one desktop never freezes up, it is very fast, and there is not one problem I can find with it. It fits very well on the top of your desk, and it is very stylish. It can do many things at once, very quickly, so it would be a great computer for multitaskers. I usually have music playing, AIM going, my homework up, and a couple of websites, and the computer has no trouble keeping up. I would recommend this computer to anyone.

It's good for anyone.

from New Eagle, PA

great cpu

from Moosic, PA

Comments about Sony Vaio All-in-One Desktop Computer:

i have owned a sony vaio since 2002...it has performed great without any breakdowns since i turned it on......it's a pentium 4,.... 1.6 ghz with 512 ram and 80 gb hard drive running on windows xp........ during the past 2 years, i've also had 2 hp laptops which lasted less than a year and once broken were unfixable.

It is dependable.

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Sony Vaio All-in-One Desktop Computer:

I have had this computer for 7 years and use it for work as well as organizing my life and surfing the net.

The computer itself has never failed me, although the internet provider has occasionally.

I am surprised at it's long life and consistent dependablity at this point and feel I should be knocking on wood.  I can't remember any complaint that I have had about this product.

It is definitely a life-line for me.