Other Misc. Tools & Hardwares:
Painters Tapes
Scotch

My Painting Companion

When it comes to handy work, I tend to prefer outsourcing to performing the task myself. Generally speaking, I don't have the time to devote to most projects and even when I do, the sweat and strain isn't worth the effort. But even for someone like me, there are certain tasks that I will give in and complete because they are usually easy and quick enough that they don't interfere with my day. One such task is small paint jobs and one product I often reach for when preparing to paint is **Scotch 3M Safe Release Painter's Tape**, a protective tape for painting multiple types of surfaces. **Tape Commentary:**

Scotch 3M Safe Release Painter's Tape is a good product from one of the foremost names in tape manufacturing. I have a roll of this tape (and other types of tape) in my tool box, ready for use when needed. I don't paint much but I prefer this tape over regular masking tape for most painting purposes. The things I like best about this type of tape are the darker color, the adhesion level, and the relative ease of removal. First, the darker color is better because, unless the surface you are about to paint is dark blue or surrounded by dark blue edges, this tape offers better contrast than regular masking tape so you can clearly see the boundaries of your painting area. Second, the adhesion level of this tape seems just right for many purposes. It isn't overly sticky like some masking tapes and that means better protection against damage to the surface that it covers. It is less likely to pull off part of the paint or other coating on the surface the paint is touching. Third, this tape is easy to remove and leaves behind less scrap pieces of tape than ordinary masking tape. One thing I have learned about this tape, however, is that it isn't *always* the best choice when taping things like door handles and other objects where the tape is close to a ninety- degree angle to the edge of the surface being painted and there is little room to grip. When taping around a door handle, for example, I have noticed that if I remove the tape too quickly, there is often a thin ridge of tape left, right at the very edge of the handle where it touches the door. There isn't enough clearance to peel the remaining tape with my fingers and I usually have to resort to using a knife or other type of blade to cut off the remaining tape.  Speaking of removing the tape, this is one area where you need to exercise caution if you want to minimize your frustration. You see, Scotch 3M Safe Release Tape isn't *that* strong and since it isn't very strong, it tears apart easily. I agree that it tears less than regular masking tape but it will still split into several small pieces if you remove it in a hasty manner. Because this is officially labeled as "painters" tape, I think it gives consumers the false illusion that it is tough and foolproof. That isn't the case at all, but if handled with care, it does perform better than regular masking tape. It won't splinter into multiple small pieces if you remove it with care. **Bottom Line:**

I don't perform much handy work inside my house. My time is limited and I usually pay others to perform the tasks that I cannot fit into my tight schedule. But painting is a task I will sometimes give in and perform as long as the job isn't too big. And when I do, Scotch 3M Safe Release Painter's Tape is one of my constant companions. It works better than regular masking tape; adhering to surfaces in just the right manner and removing itself more cleanly, thereby removing much of the frustration, mess, and damage often associated with taping/painting.

The best tools you will ever own, u wont be dissapointed

When u buy snap on  tools theres a big difference compared to the other tools. Snap on has the performance not to mention it last longer than craftsman wratchet wrenches in the auto industry an in the chemical plants. Ive have a set of snapon wratchet wrenches that ive had for 5 years an have kept up with the abusement ive put them through after tryen different wrenches ive came to the conclusion.

craftsman wrentches after almost a year of usen them the gears wear down an u have to replace them, an after the abusement that u put em through in the auto motive industry they either bend , snap, or the heat they indure disforms the size its suppose to be. Now snap on can indure the heat it wont disform the size, an jus a better performance. Although snap on is a more exspensive it is well worth the money it will sure make up for it in time, not to mention the difference ull see snap on if u never used them. They make it easier to get bolts off and u wont have to work as hard. An plus instead of haven to drive on ur lunch break an have to get the tool at the store ,the tool truck comes to u.

So u can see why Snop on is one of the most  popular name , they have top quality tools, they back up anythen they sell, an u wont be unhappy with with the quality of the tool either. so go online an order u a set of wrenches an see for urself.

Good product.

from Kansas

Comments about Scotch Blue Painters Tape:

Scotch painters tape is great for taping off doorways, windows, and fixtures. You can also use it to create designs on your walls, such as stripes.

You simply place the tape flatly against the area you are taping off. Make sure it is fully secured down so there are no weird spots when you remove the tape. The tape sticks well without peeling off any other paint of parts of the wall. The tape does not leave any residue on the area where you place it. You are left with nice sharp paint lines.

I have used this tape on a variety of surfaces. It sticks fine to dry wall, wood, metal, and glass. They claim it can be used indoors or outdoors; however, I have only used it inside.

I recommend Scotch painters tape! It makes painting much easier because you do not have to worry about getting paint on door or window frames. It makes creating designs on your walls easier too!

Ease of Appliation
Make sure you fully secure the tape down so no paint seeps under it.

Expensive But Worth Every Penny

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Scotch Blue Painters Tape:

If you are setting out to paint a room and need to tape off door frames, windows, fixtures, electrical outlets or existing paint that you don't want to cover and are planning on using standard masking tape you might be shocked when you peel off the tape. Masking tape is good for certain paint jobs but if you want the best results you need to use a painters tape. I tried two types of painters tape, Scotch and ULINE (both are owned by 3M).

I preferred the Scotch because it didn't leave any adhesive behind when the tape was removed. When I used the ULINE there were small areas where the adhesive stuck to the paint or fixtures and it needed to be cleaned off before dirt or dust could get stuck to it.

While this is more expensive than masking tape or other painters tape I like the results that I got from it and that I didn't have to rush to remove it. The exterior painters tape can be removed up to seven days after painting so if you need to touch up an area or need to apply multiple coats you can leave the tape in place until you are done. The multi surface tape was great to use on windows because I could use it on the walls when I was painting the trim and it protected the existing paint as well as keeping paint off of the glass.

This is easy to work with and cut; if you are going to be doing a lot of surfaces you are going to want to invest in a box cutter instead of ripping it. There's no need to seal the edges of the tape when you apply it; simply running your finger over it is enough to lock the tape in place and keep paint from seeping under it. I have used this on walls, doorways, trim, moldings and for larger craft projects when I needed to apply paint to specific areas. While this costs more than masking tape, the results are exceptional.

Lifesaver!

Comments about Scotch Blue Painters Tape:

I would not consider taking on a painting project without Scotch Blue Painters Tape! It sticks to surfaces and stays in place for as long as you need it to, so that the surface is protected from unwanted paint. On the other hand, it is easy to remove when you are ready to take it off. I love this brand!

Great Tape

Comments about Scotch Blue Painters Tape:

Scotch Blue Painters Tape is awesome for someone that is a painter or a person that wants to paint their home. I painted my house several weeks ago and was a really big help. I painted my walls different colors and made a big difference when covering the crevices of the other walls I was not painting.

Comments about Scotch Blue Painters Tape:

When I say this product is perfect, I mean PERFECT. I don't just use it to outline door frames, makes designs, and line baseboards. I also use it to do designs on nails. It helps to get clean, crisp lines no matter what your designing, and comes off the walls so easily.

Great Painting Tool

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about Scotch Blue Painters Tape:

Scotch Blue Painters Tape is an essential tool to use when painting. We've all tried to be lazy and just keep a steady hand while painting a straight line. Perhaps some of you even did a satisfactory job. This tape will allow you to make a perfectly straight line like a professional while saving you time in the end.

It might seem like a hassle to put up the tape line, but it really only takes a few extra minutes and ends up saving time in the long run. This tape sticks very well so no paint seeps under it, it thick enough that it protects enough of the way from stray brush strokes, and easily is removed when the job is complete.

This tape color is also very good, especially when painting on light colors. The contrast helps guide you to know where to paint. It's an inexpensive way to set yourself up to make a perfectly straight professional job every time. I used to be the skeptic, but now I always use this product in my home projects.

Great tape, very pricey, a few flaws.

from Muncie, IN

Comments about Scotch Blue Painters Tape:

Everytime that I have used the 3M blue tape I have been impressed by it. However, Recently I painted some shapes on a wall in our baby's room and noticed that the paint had seeped under the tape. My wife made it a point that we had to press down hard on the edges to avoid seeping. It did not work. A little touch up and the room looks good. I t would just be really nice to not had to apply a ton of force to keep the paint from seeping. I do like it a lot still.

Decent tape, but way too expensive, there are better choices!

from Suquamish, WA

Comments about Scotch Blue Painters Tape:

As a professional painter for 17 years I do not dislike 3M's blue tape. It works well and can be left in place for many days even beyond the stated limit and still be removed cleanly. However, it is very expensive and you can purchase a cheaper tape and not lose any quality. Your local paint store will likely carry more than one brand of tape. I would suggest looking for a less expensive alternative.

Wowzzers!

from Bridgeport, WV

Comments about Scotch Blue Painters Tape:

This tape does the job. When Scotch Blue Painters Tape first came out I thought it was a gimic just trying to market itself over masking tape. Hands down Scotch Blue Painters Tape goes on easier, keeps your lines cleaner and paint out. The best part is it comes off easy. That last point is the real money maker. It was always a hassle when trying to remove masking tapes and it only came off in pieces or took the paint off with it. Scotch Blue painters tape also comes in different widths which is an amazing feature. Whether your not a steady hand at painting, or want to makes different size stripes on a wall the sizes do matter. No matter what the job Scotch Blue painters tapes get the job done cleanly.

Not just for painting

from Astoria, NY

Comments about Scotch Blue Painters Tape:

when I first bought this product I didn't actually intend to use it for painting. I need a light tape that would hold paper up on the wall for a while but that was easy to remove. I was good to go with simple masking tape, but to be honest the blue color of this productis what made me buy it. Boy am I happy that I did. It's just the right thickness for holding up pieces of paper and comes off clean. Of course, using it for paper is not it's intended use. Why have never used this for painting, I have used it to protect my car's finish while I was working on the headlights. Essentially, I used this tape to cover everything but the headlights, did some work which involved scrubbing and a lot of water, and the tape never gave up. It was strong enough to take all of the abuse but came off clean when it was time. This tape is a little bit more expensive than masking tape, but I would highly recommend it.