Other Dog Collars & Leashes:
Collar / Leash
Puppia
Puppia Dog Harness

Puppia Dog Harness

Great looking and amazingly functional

We have five small dogs and all of them love this harness.  When I found these online I was so excited to find a harness that is designed with both comfort and function in mind.  These harness are so much nicer for the dogs to wear.  The soft fabric and the shape of the harness is much more comfortable for our dogs to wear then the thin harnesses you find in the store.  The thinner harnesses would cut into our dogs armpits and cause discomfort.  These harnesses provide nothing but comfort.  Another plus for the Puppia harness is how easy it is to put on and take off.  Our dogs basically step right into them on their own.  With regular harnesses they are tight and we have to battle with them.  The fabric is breathable and light allowing airflow but they are also sturdy and keep the dogs secure.  The only problem that we face with them is the non adjustable neck.  Although the chest can be tightened the neck cannot so if you have a dog that is in between sizes you have to go up a size and the neck is a bit big.  This is the case for two of our dogs.  Where is it not a problem for one of them the other one tends to get her leg through her neck and eventually make her way out of it.  That is the only down side I have for these harnesses.  If you plan on getting one measure your dog carefully and enjoy choosing one out from all of the amazing colors and patterns!  There are so many great choices it is hard for me to resist buying several for each of our dogs :)

Average harness

I have a very small Malteses dog and never having a small dog before, I didn't know that her throat couldn't take the normal type of collar and leash. The veterinarian reccommended that I get her a harness so that it won't constrict or pull back on her throat when I take her out for walks so I spent a lot of time online trying to find a cute one that would do the job. I got the Puppia Soft Dog Harness (Mesh) in small and color pink but didn't think the product was that great. After putting it on my dog I found that the part of the harness near the neck still touched the base of her throat so I was soo afraid to use it in case I would case her more harm.. All in all the product does look cute and may work for other dog lovers but I can't say I'm  happy with the product. I've gone back to using a normal harness with my dog and her throat seems to be fine with that. I would reccommend this product for dog owners who are looking for a cute harness and whose pets are not prone to have throat injuries.

Superior Comfort A Safety For Small Dogs

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Puppia Dog Harness:

Four of my dogs are huge beasts that have special harnesses that they wear when I take them for a walk; it allows me to feel confident that they are under control (especially if they see a cat roaming around) and I know that even if they start pulling on the leash they aren't going to get the air choked out of them. For my small dog I needed something that he wouldn't be able to wiggle out of; he is a true escape artist and this harness is the only one that he has never been able to get out of when we've been on walks.

It is soft and comfortable on his body and he still has a full range of motion when it is on him; getting it on and off of him takes about a minute if he isn't jumping around and excited when he sees me pull it out of the hall closet. One of the best things about this harness is that I don't have to take his neck collar off when I put this on him; he still has his registration and vet tags on him so if he should happen to pull a disappearing act at least I know that if someone finds him they will know that he is indeed a pet and not a stray.

I originally got this in gray but opted to get a second one in orange so that he is easier to spot if we go for a walk in the evening. If I am walking to the store in the evening I usually put the orange one on him so I can see exactly where he is in relation to my feet so I don't accidentally step on him. The harnesses are machine washable and have help up perfectly since I got them. I know that when he is wearing one there's almost no chance that he will be able to wiggle his way out of it and that when he starts pulling on the leash when he gets excited he isn't putting undue pressure on his neck or throat.

Great as far as comfort, not so much in fabric strength

Comments about Puppia Dog Harness:

I used this harness for my easily excited one year old dog. While it isn't the greatest harness it is perfect for emergency needs. The material is soft and mesh which yes is great for the comfort of the dog, it is easily chewed through. While that would yes be a fault of my dog I feel that there should be stronger material used for to avoid this. Still for non problematic small dogs, this would be great

Comfortable enough to be worn all day.

Comments about Puppia Dog Harness:

The Puppia harness was the first harness I ever got for my dog. When my dog was a puppy, he was a huge puller. Since he wasn't a very large dog, I feared that the pulling in combination with a collar would hurt his neck. Upon research online, I found this Puppia mesh harness on Amazon. This harness was very reasonable in price and came in a wide range of colors. There is a chart on the Puppia website for you to measure your dog and figure out what size you need for your dog. Please be warned that if your dog is a large size like a lab, the harness may not fit your dog. These harnesses run pretty small. The small size probably fits a chihuahua and I don't think any dog would fit the x-small. My dog is an American Eskimo, and he wears a large. Do know that these harnesses stretch with use. They are very comfortable and my dog wears his even in the house. Normally, I take all harnesses and collars off, but with this harness I feel comfortable leaving it on all the time.

Love the Puppia Harness~!

from Bremen, IN

Comments about Puppia Dog Harness:

I bought 2 Puppia harnesses for my 2 mini Dachshunds after one of the recovered from back problems, and I did not want to put a collar on her. I did my research on the harnesses and found that they are highly recommended and well made. Ruby does just fine with hers, and it puts no excess stress on her back. The material they are made of seems to be cool in the summer for her. My male, Bucky, however, is able to get out of his even though it fits the way it should. I don't think this is the fault of the harness, but rather, the fact that his is thinner and longer than Ruby, and he thinks he is Houdini. I would recommend the Puppia harness.

Best darn dog harness around!

from Manassas, VA

Comments about Puppia Dog Harness:

The Puppia Soft Dog Harness is made of a soft air-mesh material which is very comfortable on your dogs neck. It can be sized with its resizable chest belt to fit comfortably on your dog. Easy snap on and off. The Puppia Soft Dog Harness is a real winner for comfort and looks! ...

We tried a number of dog harnesses for our Yorkie trying to find something he would not back out of or that fit him.  I was in a specialty dog store in Ohio one day and happened across Puppia harnesses.  It was exactly what I had been looking for.  (I now know I can get them on amazon.com among other places online.)

They come in a huge variety of colors and styles (vests!) and now have matching leads to go with them.

I am in no way affiliated with the company or any dog company but I can't say enough about how great this product is.

Puppia harnesses are great!

from Spring Valley, WI

Comments about Puppia Dog Harness:

Our twenty pound dog is getting up in years and lately has been having a little trouble going up and down the stairs of our second story flat.  I searched for a long time for a harness that would be both comfortable and would give him the help he needs when he is descending the stairs.  I came across Puppia harnesses and loved all the colors they offered.  The mesh is light and breathable and the back strap adjusts quite a bit.  My dog took to the harness right away and it is even comfortable enough for him to wear even when we're not on a walk.  He hardly seems to notice it at all.

The harness goes underneath his chest, so when we are descending the stairs we just just hold the leash up and give him a little boost so not so much weight is on his old joints.  It has worked wonderfully and I know he cannot wriggle out of it.  The orange color we chose also pops and makes for better visibility.  Our dog is a leggy Jack Russell mix and the large fits him well.

puppia harness

from Gloucester, MA

Comments about Puppia Dog Harness:

I got one of these for my chihuahua mix. His head is smaller than his chest so a collar isn't very sucure for him. He can get raw spots from harness rubbing. I was very exicted when I saw it at the pet store. I thought the soft body would prevent the rubbing. While his "armpits" looked better and aren'y so raw it has rubbed a bald spot on his chest :(

I have a puppia "vest" that fits him so much better and have used other puppia products that I liked, but I just can't reccomend this one

Safest way to walk your dog!

from Coalgate, OK

Comments about Puppia Dog Harness:

I can not convey enough how much my dogs and I love the Puppia Puppia dog harnesses. We have three dogs. One is an overweight (Thyroid trouble) blind dachshund, one minature poodle and now we have a standard poodle puppy. I never knew the dangers of walking a dog with just a normal leash and collar. I have used them before with previous dogs and had no trouble other then the dog hacking if they tugged on the leash with excitement. It was not until recently when we went to pick up our standard poodle puppy that we were shocked to find out the dangers of the regular collars. The poodle breeder sat us down and did a full blown raising your poodle lecture before we were allowed to take out poodle home. He spoke about how the poodles are very supseptable to larynx collapse due to throat collars. Unfortunately he had to find out the hard way when he lost one of his gorgeous show dogs to a throat collar. He said he even quit showing due to the harsh leads they used. Anyway, he recommended and even gave us a Pappia Pappia dog harness to take home with us, with the promise never to use a throat collar again. We kept our promise and when we got home we threw them all in the trash. So we bought Pappia harnesses for our dachshund and our minature poodle and they LOVE them. When the pull in excitement, they don't fling backwards and start hacking. They fit well around the body and don't constrict any air flow. To me it is much more easy to control them and they certainly act like they are enjoying the walk more. I definitely recommend these to all dog owners but especially to poodle owners.

Average harness

from Princeton Junction, NJ

comfortable for the dog

from Marion, OH

Comments about Puppia Dog Harness:

My Mom has a pug and she has to use a harness when she puts him on a leash because of the shape of his head.  Collars slip right over his head.  The harness she had seemed to rub the undersides of his legs despite the fact that it has fur on the strap.  He seemed very uncomfortable in it, and the fur was hot in the summer.  So I bought a Puppia Puppia dog harness for them.  It is lightweight, soft and he seems to feel much more comfortable in that he did in the other one.  His old one tended to slip out of place, but this one doesn't do that.  It is sturdy and durable.  It is much easier to put on him than his old one was.  It has a much simpler design.  Getting his harness and leash on him is no longer such a huge unpleasant task.  The harness is available in a wide variety of sizes and colors, so you should have no problem finding the one that's the perfect match for you and your dog.  I believe that once you try this harness, you will never switch again.