4.8

Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker #2778

4.8

Pros

Cons

The most versatile item in my kitchen!

My friend purchased this for me for Christmas and it sat for a few weeks because I didn't know what to do with it. Now, I use it at least once a day, but usually more often. In the morning, I crack four eggs into it with a splash of milk and some cheese. I scramble them in the cooker, and put it in the microwave for about five minutes. It makes perfect eggs every time and cleanup is a snap. No added fat either! I use it to rinse and drain canned beans. I cook frozen vegetables in it. I make potatoes for mashing in it. (Sweet potatoes and yams too!) I've also layered and made entire meals in it. Seriously, it's the best product I've ever owned and it's SO simple. I can't recommend it enough!

Pampered Chef Large Micro Chef Cooker

I bought one of these as I LOVE the small Micro Cooker so I thought I would love the large one, not so much.  I like the large one but not as much as the small one.  The large one is designed differently and the lid is hard to lock into place.  I like the larger size if I am cooking more vegies or something larger in the microwave but the lid thing turns me off against this product.  I have spilled out my food into the sink more than once because the lid wasn't locked on tight when I thought that it was.  That frustrates me to no end as I hate to waste food!!  If you have a choice between the small cooker and the large cooker buy the small cooker you will absolutely love that one!

Great little steamer

from Tampa Florida

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker #2778:

Perfect little microwave steamer, purchased mine through Pampered Chef. Was a bit expensive but worth it. I have the small size. Not sure if you can purchase elsewhere without having to listen to their demonstrator or paying high S& H fees.

Works very fast, steams fresh veggies within minutes with just a small bit of water. Actually easy to overcook if your not careful!

So easy to clean if you are steaming vegetables or other small things.
Wipes out easily with sponge and water, then I immediately wipe dry. do Not put in the dishwasher!

Had mine for a couple years and it still works great. Lid still locks closed.
Only downside is that it's black plastic and the inside has scratched up a bit, but that hasn't stopped it from working.

This comes in 2 sizes but the small ones works best for most regular meals.
The lid snaps on securely and easy to take off.
The vents on top allow for quick cooking and draining of water.
Lightweight plastic easy to use and clean.

Great for Microwaves

from Utah

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker #2778:

We have both the small micro-cooker and the large micro-cooker, and they both have their bright spots and their negatives. Since this one is bigger, you can fit an entire one-pound bag of frozen vegetables into it, whereas the smaller one will only hold part of a bag. This one is also great for cooking brown rice or macaroni and cheese in the microwave. But this one could be improved by making the handles on the sides a little bit bigger.

It is a huge bonus that the lid clips onto the bottom of the pan. This makes it much easier to tip the pan and keep the lid on when trying to drain excess water after cooking. But the handles are a downside. Since they are so small and close to the pan, you must put both hands close to the holes in the lid when draining it. If the water coming out is extremely hot, it can splash onto your hands (or steam can come up on your hands) and be pretty uncomfortable. It's not enough to cause an actual burn, but it is uncomfortable.

pampered chef micro cooker and more

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker #2778:

before i attended this last pampered chef party, i would have never thought of ordering the pampered chef micro-cooker. Once, I saw it demonstrated, i saw how useful i could be.The microcooker is useful for so many cooking things including vegetables, rice, you can cook chicken fajitas (Raw chicken and seasonings), and even cook a chocolate cake in it! This life saving device has so many useful purposes, i have gone to it more than once to make a complete dinner or bake a quick dessert for last minute, unexpected, company.

The pampered chef micro cooker is very easy to clean; the micro cooker has two parts, a removeable lid and a cooking base. Both are dishwasher safe on the top rack. Both are also light-weight, and are very easy to clean by hand. I have never had any trouble removing food particles.

The microcooker is very lightweight and easy to use. The top seals on for secure cooking, but it is easy to remove.

Convenient and Simple

from Mount Airy, MD

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker #2778:

I've owned this Micro-Cooker for over 10 years. I use it to steam vegetables, melt chocolate, and make microwave fudge. I also use it to thaw frozen items, like frozen vegetables. And, I occasionally cook raw chicken in it. You can cook chicken through without getting over-cooked edges. The only thing I can find negative, and this is not a big deal, is that eventually you over-cook something in it and you get white spots in the bottom that won't come off. I have no idea why. However, it does not affect the product in the least.

It is very easy to clean, just toss it in the dishwasher.

After much use and abuse, it is still going strong. No warping, cracking, or any other problems.

My favorite part of the design is the straining lid. I can steam vegetables or thaw something frozen, and simply tilt it with the lid on to get rid of the excess water. No extra is colander needed. It also has pour spouts molded into each side.

I use this all the time.

from Tooele, UT

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker #2778:

I used to avoid steaming fresh vegetables because I hated cleaning my steamer pot. I still use it for big jobs, but for most meals that just need a smaller serving of vegetables, I definitely prefer to use my Pampered Chef Micro-Cooker. I didn't even know these existed until my mother in law got one. Once I saw it work, I knew I had to have one.

It's so easy to just pop it in the microwave with all my vegetables and a little water. I don't have to watch closely and worry that I won't turn it off in time and ruin my pot. Then the little holes that make it steam correctly also work to help you drain the excess water off.

It wipes clean in a second and stores easily in my stack of bowls. I like the two small handle design, because it fits easily in my small microwave with room to rotate. However you do have to be careful not to let the steam burn you when removing it from the microwave and draining the water.

Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker: Practical for quick steaming

from Boca Raton, FL

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker #2778:

About 12 years ago I purchased a microwave cookware set from an infomercial and loved it for its convenience. Unfortunately, the 2 quart steamer finally broke and I've never been able to find that set again.

Several months ago while at a neighbor for dinner I saw her using the Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker. While it is designed differently, I could immediately see how it could replace our lost piece. Our neighbor ordered one for us and it sees use several times a week.

The 2 quart size is perfect for briefly steaming things like broccoli and cauliflower before finishing them in a saute pan. A 5 minute steam leaves enough crunch in the vegetables to allow them to soften nicely in garlic infused olive oil in the saute pan.

The 2 quart size is also ideal for heating soups and family meal-sized portions of previously prepared stews.

Cleaning is a pretty simple matter. Most times we simply put it into the dishwasher, but hand washing is simple due to its smooth clean design.

I've been using the cooker several times a week and it shows no signs of wear or chipped edges. I don't know if it will match the steamer it's replacing in terms of years of service, but it looks promising.

It was the design of the Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker that caught my attention. Since it's used most often for steaming I especially like the locking lid with the strainer top. The side handles remain cool enough that I don't worry about my teenage daughter using it.

Veggies steam up Crisp

from Bulverde, TX

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker #2778:

Definitely a kitchen must have for frozen as well as fresh vegtables. They never come soggy and it is a breeze to clean. This is a priority item and I now give this at every bridal shower I am invited to. It is one of my favorite go to items.

Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker is an easy way to cook quick

from Shawnee, OK

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker #2778:

The Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker is a great way to cook things quickly and thoroughly.  I've used it frequently to brown meat that for various recipes and it can easily take meat from completely frozen to nicely browned in the microwave.  Further, the lid provides an easy way to drain grease from the meat.

Overall, the Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker is a great kitchen tool and can be used to steam meat or cook noodles in very short order.  At my wife's advice, I've even used it to cook ramen noodles and have found that I generally enjoy the result much more than cooking in a regular bowl (and draining with a seive) or cooking on the stove-top.

Unfortunately, our Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker has suffered some slight damage from being dropped in the form of a crack and section of the container missing along the lip.  Luckily, the damage isn't severe enough to prevent its use, but it does cause concern that the rest of the unit could be broken.

In the end, I'd highly recommend picking one up if you frequently want to thaw meat or steam vegetables very quickly.

One of the two we own has a small piece missing near the top after being dropped, but otherwise they are both in perfect condition.

I literally use this micro-cooker every day!

from 836468378

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker #2778:

I use this Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker every single day! It's PERFECT for rice! I also can use it to heat up soup. When my son asks for Macaroni and Cheese, it is extremely easy to make it with this micro-cooker! My dad watched my kids while I was in the hospital having one of our babies and he tried to make macaroni and cheese on the stove. It did not stand up to that! So, I do not recommend using it on the stove! It stands up to hundreds of uses in the microwave though! I have to tell you about the little holes in the top of the lid as well. There are larger holes on one side and smaller holes on the other side for draining the unneeded liquid out. The smaller holes are good when you've got small items inside that you don't want to go down the drain. The larger holes are great for larger things like vegetables and things like that. The lid is really easy to put together and to pull apart. The lid has ridges on two sides so you can just slide the ridges together and it stays together really well! A great product!

must have kitchen accessory

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker #2778:

The Pampered Chef micro cooker gets daily use in my house.. I have both sizes (large and small) and use them constantly. The vented lids help keep the microwave presentable. I use them to melt butter, reheat leftovers, and to cook rice (add rice and water, set the microwave for 14 minutes, and voila! perfectly cooked rice).I highly recommend these pans. Present them with a cookbook or other kitchen gadget and they make a great gift for all of the cooks in your life!