Other Film Cameras:
Olympus
Olympus - Stylus 740 All-Weather

Olympus - Stylus 740 All-Weather

I love this camera -- and my husband can't break it!

from Vienna, VA

Comments about Olympus - Stylus 740 All-Weather:

This Olympus Stylus 740 All Weather camera is the best digital camera we have ever owned.

The camera is simple to use. It has a dial to turn to change modes, which is really handy. Other cameras switch modes digitally, and they default to their base mode, causing you to have to switch quickly if you want to take a picture or a movie. This camera uses a dial, which means whatever mode you set is where the camera stays until you change it.

The camera is light and easy to carry and so far hasn't suffered any from my family's rather adventuresome style and heavy wear on cameras. (We've lost two so far to vacation mishaps, but this one seems pretty darn durable.)

The video function is surprisingly good quality, and we use it all the time. In fact, we never use our digital video camera anymore since we found the video function on this one. The sound quality on the video is surprisingly good as well. The picture quality is more than adequate for every use we have tried to make of them so far.

I have never regretted this purchase for one moment.

Stylus 740 Olympus review

from Dayton, OH

Olympus stylus 740 review

This camera is great for snapshots. It works great in all weather types.While it is not the best for image stabilization, it still takes great quality pictures. It is a step down from the Olympus 750.It is 7- mega pixel and they both share weather-resistant metal body, the same 36mm-to-180mm (35mm equivalent), 5X optical zoom lens, and  the same 7-megapixel sensor, and the same image processor. The price seems a little steep. The Stylus 740 is  a little bit faster than the newer stylus 750 although they perform about the same.There are few controls and they seem to be a bit sluggish. This might be a letdown for some professional camera users.It has great video and sound quality as comared to other cameras. This slightly makes up for its sluggish speeds.It is great for everyday use but the battery could be stronger.It does not come with a good warranty so be careful with it.

Olympus Stylus 740 is so durable

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Olympus - Stylus 740 All-Weather:

I had to quickly buy a decent point and shoot camera for an upcoming college project trip. I had a big clunky one that was hardly reliable and i had a pricey DSLR which wasn't a good idea for the rough terrain use i required for this project trip. So i researched and found some really clunky and bad looking ones, that did the minimal required. I chanced upon the stylus from Olympus and was happy because it had everything i needed. SUPER durable, its so rough and tough that it would take alot to destroy it. It was priced also quite decently. It had all the functionalities of a nice pricey point and shoot. The only problem i had with the camera was that the pictures taken under its "image stabilization" turn out a little grainy for my liking. Apart from that its awesome.

a camera i havent dropped in the lake and runined!

from Riverton, UT

Comments about Olympus - Stylus 740 All-Weather:

I have had many cameras over the years and for some reason i am famous for dropping my camera... and not only do i usually drop it numerous times but a couple 5 or so times i have actually dropped it in a lake along with my purse and things.... i am a klutz and i go through cell phones and camers frequently.  however i am a photo nut i scrapbook like mad and recently i started going digital scrapbooking.  this camera is so easy to add the photos to my computer quickly and easily.  i now have like 30,000 photos on my pc... i even have 3 hard drives now, because i love this camera so much and take so many more photos then i used to.  i love that i can edit it on the camera if i am board on a plane on my way home from a trip and make sepia or black and white copies right on the camera which says me tiem on my pc later.  it has so many easy to use error proof photo taking guides that i have become a better photographer in those hard to catch scenarios.