Other Misc. Computers & Electronics:
Motorola
Motorola MBP36 Digital Video Baby Monitor with 3.5 Inch Color LCD Screen

Motorola MBP36 Digital Video Baby Monitor with 3.5 Inch Color LCD Screen

Awesome sound and picture clarity

from NA

About Me Beginner

Pros

• Accurate
  • Easy To Set Up

Cons

• Recording

Comments about Motorola MBP36 Digital Video Baby Monitor with 3.5 Inch Color LCD Screen:

I was gifted this Motorola MBP36 Digital Video Baby Monitor with 3.5 Inch Color LCD Screen by my mother when my son was just few months old. I never owned a baby monitor earlier and so this product was new to me. I checked out the features and called up the customer support department asking them few queries and they were quite helpful and polite while addressing my queries.

The product has some interesting features like a 2.4 GHz FHSS wireless technology, 3.5" color LCD parent monitor, infrared night vision and the sound quality is great. I can hear the slightest noise while my baby moves his hands as well. The range of this product is not sufficient though as I can hear a noise only if I am about 2 rooms away and if I sleep upstairs, the monitor does not work for me. The video monitor has a great clarity though and it has a good battery power which last longer than expected.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Peace of mind with sight and sound, great baby monitor

Technology has come along way and this monitor is proof. Instead of just listening to baby you can hear and see baby as well. This nifty camera and monitor set allows you to see in color and black and white night vision. It is so easy to use and has many great options. If you like music for baby it has a built in set of music that baby can listen to. Another great feature and one of my favorites is the speaker button that you can talk to your child with. This camera also has a 2x zoom which is great depending on where you put the camera in the room. It's compact and small and is not an eye sore in the room. The monitor can last hours if you turn off the video when you are not using it, I use it once in awhile just to check in at night. If you have two different rooms you'd like a camera in you can set up another camera and switch from one camera to the next to check both rooms. The sound quality is great, I never have to use the antenna for reception and I get a little peace of mind!

Awesome Baby Monitor but....

from Sacramento, CA

I do love this baby monitor, however the only thing I really dislike is when the LCD monitor is not plugged in the screen does not stay lite, even though the audio still works. When using the intercom, you have to talk very softly otherwise it will startle the baby or be just plain loud and you can not really understand anything. I enjoy this monitor because when my daughter wants to play in her room, all I have to do it set up the camera in her room while I am cleaning in another room and I can see whatever she is doing. I also really do not think that it is that great in the dark even though it has night vision, it kinda stinks because I can really only see my daughter when there is a small light on. Then again, I like to be able to fully see her, not just her figure.

Great design, but lacking some key features and robustness

We have this monitor, the design is excellent with the pan and tilt camera, range is great, night vision picture is very clear.

However, it does have its shortcomings, we've had two of them fail, the first had many IR LED's burn out causing the night vision image quality to degrade, and the second developed a white horizontal line across the screen. It is also lacking voice activation or VOX, meaning when you turn the volume up you hear the hissing of white noise.

Great investment!

from Taylorsville, NC

I have the one with two cameras and LOVE it! I have always bought cheaper products but recently decided to make investments so I wouldn't have to replace items so quickly. This monitor has exceeded my expectations. I love how it scans between the two cameras, tells me the temperature in their rooms, and allows me to talk to them through the module.

love this for monitoring more than one child

We purchased this once we were expecting our second child. Easy to set up and has a good picture. It scans between both rooms every 10-12 seconds. I like the pan feature and the ability to talk to my 2 yr old through it
    Like an intercom. Our master bedroom is on a different floor than our children so this monitor is great.