Other Baking Goods:
Sugar Substitute
Madhava
Madhava Madhave Agave Nectar Amber

Madhava Madhave Agave Nectar Amber

Can't have coffee without it

from Gettysburg, PA

Comments about Madhava Madhave Agave Nectar Amber:

I started using this after reading Dr Ozs book about the body. This product is natural so processes different in the body then artificial sweetners. It is like a honey but the flavor is sugar. I use it in drinks and I have poured it on cereal. It took me a long time to try that cuz it sounded disgsting but it was perfect. I love this product. I wish it was easier to get where I live. Esp in large sizes like this picture. I buy the dark nectar but when I have had to have light I dont really taste a difference.

Madhava Agave Nectar is so great to have on hand

from Garden City, NY

Comments about Madhava Madhave Agave Nectar Amber:

I use this on fruit salad and oatmeal and let's just say it has an amazing taste. It is mild and delicious indeed. I love that it is all natural and USDA organic as well. It is made purely from the juice of the Agave plant. It has a low glycemic index which is great for people like me looking to shed a few pounds. You can't go wrong buying this. I will not go back to honey which I feel is too heavy for me personally. It is also great to have in tea in lieu of honey. It has a long shelf life and won't crystallize.

Great for vegan, healthy baking

from Ardmore, OK

Pros

Cons

Comments about Madhava Madhave Agave Nectar Amber:

I use this in place of any recipe that calls for corn syrup, maple syrup, or any other sugar alcohol. It is great for baking and the processing of it does not bleach it as regular granulated sugar does. Some people say it is sweeter than regular sugar, but that means you have to use even less and that is less sugar in the diet. I make peanut brittle with agave nectar instead of corn syrup and it turns out wonderfully. It can also be used as syrup for pancakes or sweetener in smoothies or other protein shakes. The possibilities are endless and it is a great sugar substitute! Some recipes may need to be altered when using a liquid sweetener versus a dry ingredient, but the after the conversion is made the end product is well worth the extra work to get the recipe to work. The price is a little bit on the expensive side, but it is certified organic and sweeter than sugar in my opinion so less it needed.