View more Slider Phones

LG
290c
LG - Cell Phone

LG - Cell Phone

Great phone for the price

What stood out from the start when I first saw this phone (and it's still very impressive) is the very nice LARGE, clear screen. Good color and contrast makes this phone appear to be in a different class from it's closest price competitors. The slide is sturdy and the phone feels good - not too heavy but not flimsy either. It has all the standard features (calendar, calc, bluetooth, etc) you would expect but but navigating the menus are much more intuitive than I've seen with some of the other phone brands. Although the camera is only 1.3mp it takes very decent photos. I have not moved them from the phone yet but they certainly appear to be good on the screen.  The fact that I got this phone on the Straight Talk plan is a huge plus. ST uses the Verizon network and you would be amazed at the call quality I enjoy when using this phone.  Much better than many of my friends with much more expensive (smart)phones. Signal strength is almost always very good and I've not experienced ANY dropped calls yet. The battery lasts very well.

A nice little phone with a few added features

Not a bad little phone. Has a camera that takes decent quality photos, and allows you to use a mobile web browser. It's not expensive, and it's pretty durable. Good battery life. Easy to use, easy to send and receive messages.

Great for my needs!

from Bentonville, AR

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

I carry with me at all times. Never without it. I am not a "phone talker" I use it, say what is needed and get off. I have used it on long trips, works well anywhere. I have rentals and use it to keep in touch with renters wherever I may be. It is primarily my "ermergency" phone. I purchase hours by the year and have double hour pivilege.

Good enough for us

from Beaumont, CA

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

After buying a house and having a baby, I got this phone about 3 years ago as part of a promotion that verizon wireless was running, it ended up costing me nothing (except for the tax of course). I also got one for my wife, and she likes it a lot. The phone battery has just started to seem to wear out a little, but for the most part the battery life lasts for at least two to three days without a recharge, and what I also like is that you can charge it while it is still on, which makes it a lot easier to hear phone calls and the alarm while it is charging. The voice quality is just about as good as any other phone that we have used in the past. The camera feature is fairly basic, and it isn't a real smooth picture when you move the phone around trying to take a picture. The available options are decent and sufficient. Overall this phone if an incredible deal for the promotion that I got. Next I will be upgrading to the next good deal that verizon has to offer.

A nice little phone with a few added features

from Kittery Point, ME

Way above my expectations

from Harvard, IL

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

I've never been really too specific about what phone I use. Most of my work involves sitting in front of a computer, so many functions, and all on line functions get done at a desk - thank goodness. So when I bumbled upon thisphone,  considered myself quite lucky. It's been pleasantly surprising me from the word go.

Being a a naturally light user of a cellphone (mostly being desk top bound), choosing to go with tracfone came quite easily. I merely ever only top up with the bare minimum, and seems to be working well for me keeping savings in mind. This phone however, has not entirely been condusive to saving - the screen is plenty big, and the browsing capabilities are very good. And if that be the case, tracfone is possibly not the best provider to be with. But, be that as it may, I can recommend this phone to a budget conscious person, with an unlimited plan.

The blue tooth has also been a hassle free feature. Something that I find that comes with a bit of relief, simply because my previous phone had to be cajoled into rendering bt. The phone also comes with a camera...which is ok. Nothing to write home to about, but if you find it pertinent to take off the cuff snapshots, then bully for you. You'll find it more than adequate.

The thing that has really impressed me most has been the call, and talking quality. Compared to my previous phone, this phone's quality is nothing short of being crystal clear. Previously I had thought it was the nework that was giving me hassles, but it's become very clear to me that the phone you use actually does play a vital role in the reception quality.

As far as texting is concerned. It's good. The buttons could be slightly bigger for my fingers, but as I don't really text all that much other than to verify what's for dinner, I don't really care.

It's a very surprisingly good phone.

The cheapest cell phone you will ever have

from Rison, AR

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

for only 45 dollas a month who cant beat eat you get text talk andweb unlimited and you cant forget them pricey calls to information are completly free with this phone to so way pay hundreds a month when you can pay one flat fee of 45

Straight Talk is a good deal however this phone is terrible.

from Republic, MI

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

I do like Straight Talk and recommend it to anyone on a budget, has bad credit, or to someone that wants their child to have a phone but also don't want to worry about them going over their minutes. The plans they offer are a great value for the money. I have the unlimited minutes, text, and internet. I even got rid of my home phone because you can't go wrong with this deal. The customer service is not so good, they put you on hold for hours then cut you off, and they are hard for me to understand that is if you can get through to them.This is the phone I have and it's terrible and wouldn't recommend it. However, a friend of mine also has Straight Talk but she has a different phone that worked great where I live, which is in the middle of no where. I would highly recommend Straight Talk to a friend but I would not recommend this phone. My suggestion would be to spend a little extra money and get one of the better phones. After all you go get what you pay for.

The LG L290 as clear as you wanted to be.

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

I just this phone about a month ago.  I did research on it and the  reviews were good.  I was to pay for a good cell phone that would not cut me off or run short on battery.  So far this phone has been a great invesment for.  I love it and I keep learning new things about.  This phone isperfect if you just want the minimal technology.  I mean i dont text as much but if I do i s there available.  I dont us ethe internet I rather use the computer.  Plus I have three kiddos that I must chase around, so I dont have time to chat or check e-mail when Im out an about with them.  I love the screen not to big and not small.  Its very bright plus the screen saver is pretty cool.  The key is just perfect big numbers and a space bar.  So far Im very happy with this product.  I recommend this to all those who would like a little tech in their lives.

i love my slide phone.

from Imperial, MO

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

when i first got my LG slide i hated it. it wasnt what i wanted. but after having it for so long ive realized a few things about it that really make it unique. it is really durable. i have dropped my phone so many times and its amazing how this phone isnt destroyed already. also it is good to be able to fit both of your thumbs on it. i text with both of my hands so it helps out alot. when you ffirst get the phone everytime you touch it, it makes a noise. but thank god that the company was gracious enough to put a sound off button. it has a really good music player also. its hard when im at work to bring my purse so i cant really fit both my mp3 player and my phone into my pocket. now i dont have to. all i need is my cell phone and some head phones and im good to go in the mornings and you dont even know how much that means to me. this has many apps as well. im pretty sure you could find just about anything for it.

Straight Talk LG 290c Slider Is A Great Phone At A Great Price

from Millington, TN

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

I got this phone about 2 months ago and absolutely love it. I quit contract phones about 2 years ago and have had several of the prepaid phone services since. I like in a rural area and find that it is hard to find cell service that reaches where I live 100% of the time. Straight Talk reaches 100% of the time and I can answer calls from inside my home. It works off of the Verizon tower in my area. The prices are great and offer a cell phone user everything that you need in a basic package. The only downfall to the package is that your minutes that are unused do not roll over to the next month. The phone itself is a sturdy slide that is easy to use, It has a clear screen and is just the right weight that feels good for a phone. It is bluetooth compatible, which I use frequently. The battery holds a charge for awhile with moderate use. The camera takes good photos that are clear and easy to send to others. The keypad buttons are just the right size to be comfortable. The menu is easy to navigate and understand, The only thing that I wish the phone had was the option to buy ringtones. I highly recommend this phone.

Perfect for our budget

from Lexington, SC

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

I absolutely LOVE Straight talk and this phone. Me and my husband were currently with AT&T and had an LG VU. I saw the commercials ALL over TV for Straight Talk. We were behind on the phone bill and it ended up getting cut off. We got our taxes back and bought two straight talk phones along with 2 unlimited packages. It's very affordable and within our budget. If we can't afford the unlimited, we can always get the 1000 everything package. It's wonderful. I would definitely recommend it.