4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Great product...

We needed a full size freezer for out beef that we raise to butcher.  We prefer the upright to the chest due to ease of finding differant products, instead of buried food.  The door alarm has saved us more than once.  The self defrosting may use more energy but the convenience is so worth it.  Every bit of space is available for storage, nice interior lighting and temp. guage/setting is easy and noticable to use.  Worth every penny...

Way too Loud!!

I researched this freezer before buying it and it had mixed reviews but I was not anticipating this freezer being so LOUD! We placed it in our basement but you can hear it so clearly that I lost sleep last night. Now I am stuck trying to figure out if I want to keep it, since after reviewing several Kenmore freezer reviews it appears they are all noisy! I do like the layout of the freezer and the features on it, especially the alarm feature which tells you whent he door has been left open more than 5 minutes. However, if I had known it was going to be this loud, I would have bought nother brand.

horrid freezer

from Needville texas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Kenmore Upright Freezer 30436124:

I bout a Kenmore upright frost free freezer . It soppped freezing less than a month and I had it replaced with another Kenmore and it stopped freezing in less than a month...Now I am buying another brand ...GOODNESS ....I went to get an ice cream and it was soft so I caught it both times so my food was ok .

Just a really great appliance!

Comments about Kenmore Upright Freezer 30436124:

I cannot believe I didn't buy this freezer sooner than a few months ago, because I honestly do not know how we lived without it. There is so much space to store food and our family,n despite it's size, still has a problem keeping it full. This freezer is very close to the size of a normal refrigerator, and has a lot of shelf spaces and places to store food, unlike normal freezers that are horizontal, this one is vertical and because of that, is extremely easier to pack full of food. Also, in the entire time that we have had our new freezer, we have not had a single problem with freezer burn, packages ripped from being frozen together or to the sides of the freezer, or unnecessary ice build-up.

Temperature Control
    The freezer keeps food at the perfect temperature to keep frozen, but not to build up a ton of ice that we have to dig through.

Capacity
    This freezer is humongous, I love the space it has, yes it is a small bit shorter than a refrigerator but it is wider and deeper.

The design is perfect to create the optimum space saving freezer. I doubt it could have been designed better.

• Capacity:

I've been very happy with it

Comments about Kenmore Upright Freezer 30436124:

I know you can buy much more expensive freezers, but this was affordable and I've been really happy with it. It is quiet and efficient, and stores a really good amount of food in it. It also stays cold when the power goes out and preserves food, as long as you are not opening it. It freezes things rock solid, which is great, and we have not noticed any drain on our energy bills.

• Capacity:

A very good addition to the family!

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Kenmore Upright Freezer 30436124:

We acquired this freezer as a gift from my brother. He always buys good stuff and this was no different. This freezer has been a lifesaver for us. It holds a tom of food and we needed it because our regular kitchen Refrigerator has a small top freezer that doesn't hold much at all. The design of the freezer is well thought out and has good shelving in the main cavity as well as on the door. There is really nothing very special about this appliance, but it just does the job. Having this appliance allows us to buy food that's on sale and keep it for a long time. We can freeze packaged meats as well as boxed food like pizza, frozen pies and waffles. This freezer is frost free and there is no other way to go. It works well and has not given us any trouble at all. It has not needed any repairs and is still working quite nicely. I would recommend this freezer for anyone looking for one that doesn't need "bells and whistles". This is a no nonsense freezer that just goes along with no fanfare, but keeps the food frozen.

• Capacity:

Kenmore Upright Freezer 30436124 is a cool and cute freezer.

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Kenmore Upright Freezer 30436124:

Kenmore Upright Freezer 30436124 is perfect for freezing food that won’t fit in your main refrigerator freezer section. I keep this one in the “garage” because my other refrigerator is in the kitchen inside the house. This freezer will save you a lot of money on electricity. The design of this freezer is simple because “what you see is what you get”. You get shelves that are sturdy enough to put a lot of things on or in them. The side door is easy to load with separate sections, and that is where I put my favorite treats. Sugar free Ice-cream and frozen cookies are just some of my favorites. I like to freeze “fish, chicken, frozen vegetables and French Bread”. Frozen dinners are my absolute favorite to freeze in this freezer. They are kept at just the right temperature before I put them in the microwave. This freezer has adjustable temperature controls that are not complicated. I like the inside “lighting” in this freezer. It is so bright that you can see everything clearly, when you open the door. A major drawback is that the entire freezer is a bit unsteady. You see, when you pull on the door to open it; the freezer feels like it is going to fall forward a “little”. It is a little scary. This freezer is a bit on the loud side, but not enough to annoy me. It is “small to medium” in size. Overall, this freezer keeps things fresh, until it is time to thaw things out. I think this freezer is “over-priced” for what it does, but it is a fair price on sale. I know I only gave it (3 STARS). I wanted to give this freezer “3.5 STARS”, but there is not a choice for that. I give the “Kenmore Upright Freezer 30436124” a “6” on a scale of “1-10”. It is a simple and cute freezer that keeps things frozen, if that is what you are looking for, try this one.

freezing is believing Kennmore

from Bakersfield, CA

Comments about Kenmore Upright Freezer 30436124:

I have this size of freezer and I love it.I never thought I would get so much use out of it.It was my mom's,she gave it to me as I had a big family.We stock up on everything.And put our vegetables from the garden in it.It is a big saver

Temperature Control
    doesn't have a big freeze of ice,is frostless

Capacity
    Big enough for my family

very good,don't have to defrost

I have had it or a number of years and it is an energy saver

I like it that it is an upright I prefer it

Kenmore Upright Freezer 16.7 Cubic Feet Is Great For Our Family

from Denver, CO

Comments about Kenmore Upright Freezer 30436124:

For several years we had a small chest freezer in our kitchen that we used since our freezer space in our refrigerator was limited. As our family has grown, we realized we needed even more space and knew it was time to move on to an upright freezer. After doing a lot of research I decided to get a Kenmore 16.7 Cubic Feet Freezer from Sears. For the first 9 months, we were extremely pleased with our purchase. However one morning when my husband was out of town on business I heard a beeping noise coming from the freezer. I took a look and it appeared that the beep meant that it didn't stay in a cool enough temperature for over 4 hours. I was pretty concerned since we had a ton of frozen meat and other items that would be a huge financial loss it it stopped working. I made the mistake of not calling the repair line even though it was still under the warranty. It started working again suddenly the next day. We ended up having to throw away some food, but mainly just ice cream and popsicles. About 2 months later the same thing happened. This time I called the repair line, but nobody was able to come for 2 days. Once they got here it ended up that there was an electrical line that wasn't making a full connection that is why it would start and stop working. It has now been working well for the past few months, and we do really like it. I just hope we don't have any more problems since we no longer have a warranty!

Have paid 2 times the price to have it work right

from Knob Noster, MO

Comments about Kenmore Upright Freezer 30436124:

If I include the cost of all of the food lost, it has probably been paid for several times. NOT repaired under warranty... after repair had no further problems.

Temperature Control
    Intermittent issues with thawing. This is based on initial experience before it was repaired; purchased in fall and within a couple of month experienced all of the food thawed; called customer service and was told to unplug overnight then plug back in then it seemed to work fine for a couple of months then a repeat experience; it thawed again in warmer weather and customer service recommended moving it out from the wall; this seemed to fix it. Customer service limped us along until the warranty was out before sending out repair service.

I compromised on this rating since it has been very reliable since it was repaired.

defective parts caused the thawing ... is this a design issue?

Love, Love, Love IT

Comments about Kenmore Upright Freezer 30436124:

The freezer works perfectly. We keep it in our garage. We are vegetarian so we eat a lot of frozen soy products. A regular freezer would not hold all of this. It even has a air tight seal that engages when you close it so you know that it is closed.

Temperature Control
    We have never had any problem with it, not even in the Arizona heat.

Capacity
    It was exactly what we were looking for.

I honestly have never had to clean it so I dont really know.

We have never had any issues with it.

Its designed for functionality.

• Capacity:

Great!! Exactly what we wanted.

from Wylie, TX

Comments about Kenmore Upright Freezer 30436124:

This freezer is working great for our needs. It is a little noisy but we have it in the garage so we do not hear it. I love the suction close it has..when you close the door it seals the door. We have had it for 2-3 months and have no complaints. I have not needed to defrost it, nor does it have any ice build up inside. This freezer has no frills, is just a basic upright freezer. I would recommend this freezer but would be sure the purchaser is aware of the noise from the running of the motor. I do not see this as a problem but some might. It works great..that is my primary concern.