3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Filter Availability:

Great for lungs-but customer service causes exasperation!

I owned a regular ionic pro for years.  It has blades inserted from the top that need cleaned weekly. The blade insertion is a HASSLE. Must insert one way only. The machine had a long life, but quit running, so wanted to replace and buy another.

Customer service combined my replacement order with my order for a new machine (paid 2 separate prices).  I got the replacement-but not my new one.

It took from October until February to get the company to understand they owed me one new unit.  I'm American English-speaking; the reps are in India.  Language barriers made it impossible for the Reps to understand the issue.  Three managers later.... I got my new one.

The Ionic Pro TURBO is also nice. The blades load easier, from the side (not top).  You still must practice getting the blades in (also only go in one way).

Both Products= grade A

Technical Support (e.g. how to questions, easy) = grade B or C

Customer Service for Replacement of old unit or orders=grade F

They lost me as a very loyal previous customer over this fiasco. I even had to get the Better Business Bureau (BBB) involved.  The company never replied to a letter from me sent by certified US mail; never replied to complaint emails.  I guess the BBB got a reply, because I got my machine and they refunded the shipping (I asked for that as compensation for my long wait for my 2nd unit).

**Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes, BUT only if I warned them about the hassles of dealing with "customer support" and the non-responsive company.**

JAF

Are u kidding me!!!

My hubby kept complain about our noisy fan base air purifier .So he dragged me to best buy to buy this . Within 30 minutes  the cleaning light came on. followed instructions, worked for 10 minutes, clean light again. tried several times to no avail to clean device. washed blades and dried them, still problems.. cleaned the "ionizer wire" with a cloth (as well as the apparently USELESS cleaning lever), same deal. This thing is junk, I wish we would have read the reviews on this wonderful piece of ... equipment before buying it. we'll stick with my noisy yet cleanable IFD air filter.

Wonderful air purifier!

from Richmond VA

Comments about Ionic Pro Turbo Air Purifier:

I have been so happy with this air purifier! It is exactly what I was hoping for when I bought it for my son's room. Since we have a dog, I wanted to be sure that the air could be as clean as possible where my child sleeps. This air purifier does a really great job of keeping the air nice and clear, even in a larger room.

Ease of Maintenance
I've had no trouble taking care of this air purifier whenever any issues crop up (of which there have been very few). I'm really happy with how easy it is to maintain.

Dust/Allergen Removal
I have been very happy with the way that this has kept the air in my son's room clear. Our dog tends to shed a lot and there's always a lot of dander, and this purifier does a really good job of keeping the air clean despite this.

Filter Availability
I have only had trouble a couple of times finding filters for this purifier.

It has held up great for over a year of daily use.

This does a wonderful job of filtering the air.

I like that this is compact enough to fit in the corner and not take up too much space.

• Filter Availability:

Ionic Pro is a great buy!

from Garden City, NY

Comments about Ionic Pro Turbo Air Purifier:

I love this product! While I got into specific detail under each of the categories below, I will say I am ecstatic with my purchase. The unit was affordable- not cheap, but worth the price. I got my monies worth, as it has significantly decreased all the dust and allergens that have plagued the air in my home. I'm able to breath much better and get better rest due to the new quality of the air.

Dust/Allergen Removal
This unit removes a lot of the awful allergens and dust that float around in my house.

Filter Availability
I order mine off the internet and have had no issues finding them.

Luckily, I haven't had to test this out much. We've knocked into it on occasion, and no issues have come from it.

This unit is phenomenal! Within a week of using it, my husband and I noticed a huge difference! It has definitely been great at removing those common allergens and dust that float around in the air. I've been sneezing much less and experiencing less congestion.

I hate to be superficial, but the design was a huge draw for me (after the features and effectiveness, of course) Since this was going to be a staple in our bedroom, we wanted it to look nice. I love the black color, sleek design, and thinner unit.

Not Great for Pollen

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Ionic Pro Turbo Air Purifier:

I have rather severe seasonal allergies and my doctor suggested that an air purifier might help with them so I picked up an Ionic Pro Turbo Air Purifier.

I set it up and had it going in a matter of minutes. There is no filter to install or replace or anything else so you basically just plug it in and turn it on and you're good to go.

What I loved was that it was completely silent. I mean, completely. It didn't bother me while sleeping or anything. I actually checked on it several times to see if it was still on since it wasn't making a bit of noise.

It is supposed to remove pollen, dust, pet dander, etc., as well as killing 99.9% of airborne cold and flu viruses, mold, staph, and strep bacteria which is a nice plus. I did notice some accumulated stuff on the collection blade when I cleaned it so it was working.

I ultimately did not end up keeping this though because it just didn't seem to help with my allergies. I'm allergic to pollen and I'm not sure if it just wasn't collecting the pollen or what but I was still experiencing symptoms after nearly two weeks of having it running 24 hours a day.

This may work for some, and I'm sure it's a good air purifier but it just didn't work for my pollen situation.

• Filter Availability:

We are breathing easier with this air purifier!

from Stoughton, Wi

Comments about Ionic Pro Turbo Air Purifier:

I bought the Ionic Pro Turbo Air Purifier for my parents because their town home had a very strong smell of smoke from a neighbor next door who is a chronic cigarette smoker. We often stay at their home while on vacation and the smell was so strong and overpowering that it was difficult to tolerate!

Ease of Maintenance
It is incredibly easy to clean this purifier. With the pop of a button, the machine opens and the filter can be easily removed!

Dust/Allergen Removal
I was simply amazed the first time I cleaned the filter on this machine! The purifier had been running for nine hours before I cleaned the filter. I was extremely surprised to find that the filter was covered with a thick layer of dust. It even smelled of cigarette smoke.

I have to admit that I was somewhat skeptical when reading reviews on the effectiveness of air purifiers but I am now convinced they really do help clean the air. After using the Ionic Air Purifier for several weeks, the town home smelled much better.

This air purifier is sleek in design and very quiet. It fits easily into a corner of the room and is not bulky or unattractive. I am truly convinced it has helped clean the air and eliminate the smell of cigarette smoke!

• Filter Availability:

Works, but only in a smaller room

Comments about Ionic Pro Turbo Air Purifier:

I purchased this when they were first introduced and they were pretty popular at the time. I was under the impression they were good for any size room. It is not, as I soon discovered. If you have a pretty good sized rooms, it will not create very much noticeable differences in the air quality. I have found that it works wonders in my laundry room area, specifically with the dryer and washing machine smells.

Ease of Maintenance
I do not like cleaning this thing at all. My husband smokes in the laundry room area of my home and this unit catches all of that. So, by the time I get to cleaning it, it is filthy and the soot on it is so thick, I have to soak it first.
*As a warning, it has a charge in it, so you have to rub it on the carpeting before cleaning it in water to eliminate the electrical charge. I am very weary of it because of that mostly.

Dust/Allergen Removal
It doe a really good job with dust and allergen, however only in a smaller room.

Filter Availability
This unit has not filter which I absolutely love. One less thing that needs to be cleaned.

Very durable, not issues. My unit has been knocked over a couple of times and still works like new.

It does what it needs to do, in a smaller room. It serves a purpose.

I like the design. It fits my my decor.

• Filter Availability:

After one year would not work after cleaning and drying.

Comments about Ionic Pro Turbo Air Purifier:

I bought this hoping it would help with "cleaner air". At first we did notice the rooms we used it in did have a fresher air quality. After cleaning the blades (as recommended) it would not work. This was after about 3 cleanings. It was a year old. I had two. One in a small bedroom and one in a living room.

Ease of Maintenance
I bought this as there were no filters to purchase and the fact of throwing out filters (land fill) was a concern for me. It was easy to clean the blades and get them back in the unit however agter the third time, the units (both) would not work at all. There is a red light and it stayed on , there was no air flow at all.

Dust/Allergen Removal
First year it did work fine.

Filter Availability
No filters needed. That was why I bought it.

First year it was great....

It looks great.

Buh-bye mold

from Boone, NC

Hello,

I used the Ionic Pro Air Purifier for my one bedroom apartment. It said that it would only really purify the air in one room, but I noticed a significant improvement through out all the rooms (living room, kitchen, bath, and bedroom). I'd leave all the doors open of course. And, I would only leave it in one room (I would not move it from room to room--I would just let the air circulate with the inside doors open). I had a mold problem during the summer and it would clear out all the spores so that my allergies would not act up. It also greatly improved my summer allergies. Clearing out pollen and all that awful stuff. My friend who is allergic to my dog, also noticed that her allergies were not so bad when she would visit or come over.

Ionic Pro Air Purifier was ok but not for me

from Watertown, CT

Comments about Ionic Pro Turbo Air Purifier:

I bought the Ionic Pro Air Purifier because I have cats and dogs and wanted something that would take care of the dander they produce and any odors that I may not smell and miss during any clean ups. Well, I went to the store and found this one. I thought it was kind of expensive but it had a good recommendation from the sales clerk and looked really good as far as features go on the box. It was about 150.00 on sale. I brought it home and undid the box and read the instructions and looked it up on the computer. I should have done that first because I found out you cannot use an ionizer if you have birds or small animals around, like hamsters, mice, gerbils, rats, rabbits or any kind of birds. You also cannot be in the same room with an ionizer if you have a pacemaker, which my dad, who lives with us has. Well, back into the box it went without even giving it a try. It looked like a really good item for the right house, but not for mine. A lesson learned I guess, research first then buy!!

• Filter Availability:

IonicPro Turbo air purifier is collecting dust in the corner

from Bel Air, MD

Comments about Ionic Pro Turbo Air Purifier:

The IonicPro Turbo air purifier that I purchased a few years ago is now sitting in the corner of my bedroom collecting dust.  The dust is collecting on the outside of the unit, not inside on the coils where it belongs!  That's because I no longer use it.

Maybe it's because it worked so well, I don't need to use it so much anymore.  Or, maybe it's because I'm sick and tired of having to take it apart every few days to clean it, wait for it to dry, then put it back together properly.

I do know that when I first got it, I used it all the time.  I suffer from asthma and back then, I would start wheezing horribly every night right around bedtime.  I had to use my inhaler every single night to control my wheezing and help me breathe better.  It was my husband's idea to get the air purifier and he was the one who actually went out and got it from BJ's warehouse store for me.

It really made a difference back then.  I didn't have to use my inhaler every single night anymore and I found it easier to breathe each night.  It was just a pain in the rear to have to break it down and clean it every few days.  Also, it started to make whistling noises after each cleaning and this was annoying when I was trying to sleep.

My asthma has become more managable lately. So, maybe that's why I don't use the IonicPro anymore.  Also, I've lost some weight and am exercising. So, maybe THAT'S why the asthma is not flaring up...?  Either way, the IonicPro did the job when I needed it and now has a place all its own in the corner.

The Ionic Pro make my house smell like fresh air!

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Ionic Pro Turbo Air Purifier:

I have been through alot of air filters, and found this one at a friend's place, she had a cat which i'm highly allergic to, and i didn't know it!!! her place smelled like fresh air and then i saw the cat walk by!! color me shocked!! plus my DOG pees in cat litter because she has a weak bladder and has to go when she has to go, and there's no pee smell in my house! this is a great air filter, and the filters are easy to clean, unlike the oreck