Other Living Room Furnitures:

• Decoration
    • Formal
    • Informal

Comments about IKEA Hemnes Bookshelf:

I really love the look of this bookshelf. Large and durable bookcases at that price are hard to find. It has plenty of space and it's easy to adjust the shelves. I have two that I stand side by side that make my office look like a sophisticated little library.

However... you get what you pay for! The white stain picks up other color very easily (from moving books and book-ends around) but that hasn't been an issue since my case is pretty full and you don't really see that. Plus, it probably looks more shabby chic that way. This bookshelf does not appreciate being moved and the legs have started to chip on me from the few moves it has been though. It's pretty sturdy and you don't have to worry about it falling over or falling apart, but it will chip pretty easy, so try to pick it all the way off the ground when you move it instead of dragging it like I did (which is hard because it really is heavy!) unless you don't mind a little chipping (it's not noticeable unless you look for it and I don't think it's going to have an affect on its stability unless I make it much worse).

• Primary use: