Other Games & Puzzles:
Hasbro
A4813
Hasbro Candy Land Game

Summary

• Classic Candy Land game features delicious-sounding destinations and sweet adventures
• Easy-to-use spinner
• 4 sweet characters: Mally Mallo, Twirly Girl, Cutie Cone and Giggly Gumdrop

Includes gameboard, 4 character movers, spinner and instructions

• Ages 3 and up.
• For 2 to 4 players.

Hasbro Candy Land Game

Pros

• Fun (7)
  • Easy (3)
  • Easy to play (3)

• Family game night (3)
    • No (48), Yes (15)

Hasbro Candy Land Game has been updated, but is still fun!

As soon as my daughters turned old enough to play board games, I could not wait to go to the store to purchase Candy Land! Candy Land is classic. As a little girl, I remember it being the go to board game. It was fun and perfect for family game nights, playing unsupervised with my little sister and sleep over parties! I do remember that I had a difficult time finding it at the store. It was right in front of my face the whole time. The reason I didn't see it? The box is much smaller! It isn't this huge, long box that I remember as a kid. It is a smaller, compact box. The characters on the front of the box have been modernized and look adorable. I purchased it right away. When I got it home and set it up, I was surprised that the contents of the box were also smaller. No big deck of messy cards or the annoying cardboard figures with tight plastic stands. It was definitely toddler friendly! A spinner in place of the cards is a brilliant idea! I was definitely pleased with the surprise and my kids enjoyed it as well. The spinner makes it easy for little ones to play and I do not have to worry about cards all over my living room. The board still features all the cute places and characters as the classic game, but they have been updated to appeal to kids of this generation. Simply adorable. I highly recommend this version of Hasbro Candy Land Game!

Great Game, Bad Version

Candy Land is a classic game for a reason. It's completely adorable and kids of all ages love to play it. It's even fun for adults to play.

However, when I...Read complete review

However, when I purchased this version of the game to replace an old, battered one I was unpleasantly surprised by some of the changes the manufacturer had made. The board itself is smaller and doesn't seem as thick and sturdy. The graphics are very difficult to decipher since they cover every bit of space on the board, unlike the previous versions. While the graphics are colorful and engaging they are poorly done enough that they are actually more overwhelming than anything. And, they've replaced the cards with a spinner which is hard enough for adults to use, let alone children! The whole experience is rather frustrating and does not lend itself to an enjoyable time playing the game.

I would not recommend this to anyone who is used to the original format of the game as you will be seriously disappointed. Instead, I would search out a previous edition of the game that is more user friendly.

Great game for small children

from Ohio

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Play
  • Entertaining

• Children

Comments about Hasbro Candy Land Game:

I remember playing candy land as a child and when I became a parent I bought it for my children to play as well. I had bought this game for my 3 and 5 year old boys . There isn't much games that a three year old could play that didn't involve you in helping them out. But Candy Land changed all that. My children loved playing Candy Land. It was easy for them to understand and to play. My 3 year old loved the fact that he could play with mommy and daddy and didn't need any help playing the game. If you have children between the ages of 2-6, than I would recommend for you to buy this game for them. I wouldn't recommend buying this game for older children, because once my kids got about 7, they became bored quite fast with Candy Land because the game wasn't as challenging or as interesting to them like it used to be. So if you have children who are of preschool age and would like to spend more quality time with them, I recommend buying Candy Land to do so with.

Mind-Numbing For Adults, Indescribable Fun For Kids

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Hasbro Candy Land Game:

The Hasbro Candy Land Game is a staple for families with young children. My kids are in a huge range of ages (2, 4 and 6) so it is extremely difficult to find toys and games that they can play together. Candy Land always captures their attention equally though. Granted, it's a little tedious and repetitive for the supervising adults who are suckered into playing it, but that role is significantly more tolerable when I see the unbridled joy that the children get from playing the game. Keep in mind that there are several versions of the game available too. Older versions use a spinner along with a stack of cards so each player moves their game piece based on a broader variety of potential outcomes (the number/color the spinner lands on, as well as the one on the card that is drawn when the spinner lands on the card option). Newer versions only offer the spinner alone. Consequently, I strongly recommend the older or "classic" Candy Land. It's slightly less mind numbing for the adults involved. Regardless, it's a great way to introduce kids to board games and family time.

So much Fun

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Hasbro Candy Land Game:

Although my kids have now outgrown this game, we spent countless hours playing it, and I still have it stuck in the closet. It is the classic game that we all grew up playing and love, and it captures the hearts of kids each and every time. Up to four people can play the game at a time. Generally you can play a fun, quick game in just a few minutes, so if you need to take up a little time, it is great. Of course it is unlikely that the kids will want to play just one time, so be prepared. You won't mind though because even adults can enjoy Candyland. This is a game that you have probably plated but if not you should. It is one of those board games you will want to have in the collection for sure.

Love the vibrant colors

from Harvard Il

Comments about Hasbro Candy Land Game:

This game was another of my favorites as a kid. I love that they updated the look to give it a more current feel to it. More vibrant colors and updated/fun characters to keep kids engaged and interested. My nieces and nephews love the characters and picking out their favorites. Learning to count and encouraging them to play fairly are part of the fun. So exciting when they land on rewards, their faces just light up! I would definitely recommend this game to anyone who has small children. Hours of fun with family and friends and an excellent way to encourage positive play. So many kids now a days do not know how to share or interact with other children. Playing board games teaches so many things that I think has been lost through the years. Draw your family close and spend quality time with them.

• Was this a gift?:

One of the best board games since I was a kid

from Nesconset,ny

Pros

• Easy to learn
    • Exciting
    • fun
    • Unique

Comments about Hasbro Candy Land Game:

I absolutely love the candy land board game. I remember playing this with my mom and sister when I was a kid and it was always one of my favorites. I loved putting on the fake jewlery and the whole idea that the game was based around a world of candy. Then not too long ago they were having a board game sale at our favorite toy store and I seen it and was so happy to have found it and bought it immediately. I told my kids about how I used to play it and how to play it. The game is simple already and it didn't take my kids long to pick up how to play. Within a few tries they loved it as much as I did when I was little and I think it's their new favorite. It makes me happy watching them enjoy something that I used to enjoy when I was their age. It's a great game for the whole family and a perfect way to get rid of technology for a night and make a family game night. Candy land is fun, creative, not too long, and all around fun. So happy it's still around and I would definitely recommend this to anyone. Great game!

Great for early skills

from Atlanta, GA

Pros

• Fun and attractive; appealing to kids
        • Great for teaching counting
        • Great for teaching following directions
        • Hands-on, interactive
        • Pieces are the right sizes for the right ages

• Awesome for puzzles
          • Family fun night
          • Keep kids busy and entertained without video
          • Love to teach with it
          • Take to school game

Comments about Hasbro Candy Land Game:

Candy Land is the quintessential focus game that helps kids build early skills. One of the most fun, interactive, engaging, and full of fun games around. Awesome graphics, and the classic style of the game never gets old. Super!

Fun game!

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Hasbro Candy Land Game:

This is a cute and fun game, mainly for kids but can be enjoyed by adults as well, if they are playing with little ones. It is easy to follow, and features a colorful and interesting board. Players draw cards to move across the board to reach the end. The one who reaches the end first wins. It is a "sweet" board game!

All Time Classic

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Hasbro Candy Land Game:

Candy Land is an all time classic board game that will always be a number one favorite. Players choose a colored piece and move along a multi-colored path towards the game-winning objective of Candy Castle, where you find the lost king of Candy Land. Thru the journey of moving to the Candy Castle you discover special locations like Gum Drop Mountain, and Candy Cane Forest, and meet special characters such as Princess Frostine and Gramma Nutt.
          The playing cards thoughtfully designed for non-readers are coded with colorful squares matching the jeweled stepping-stone path or an occasional token matching one of the characters' symbols: draw a blue card, move to the nearest blue stepping-stone; draw a snowflake and earn a visit to Queen Frostine's iceberg.
          Candy Land is easy to play, educational, interactive and entertaining. It's perfect for a family game night or kids play date.

Fun for all

from IN

Comments about Hasbro Candy Land Game:

This is a classic family game. I remember playing Candy Land with my own children when they were just old enough to know their colors. So, for my nephews 3rd birthday, I knew this would be the perfect gift. Don't be fooled by the pink and white box, this game is a hit with both boys and girls. This is also a game of pure chance, a child can win as easily as their parent or any other player. Children love the cute pictures, the candy everywhere and love getting a "special" card transporting them to one of the special spaces on the board. The board is very colorful, full of fun pictures and the game is fairly fast paced, so it keeps the short attention span of a toddler. This is a perfect first family game, but is cute enough that even school aged children will still enjoy playing.,

Love this game!

from CA

Comments about Hasbro Candy Land Game:

This is one of the best games to play with young children. It is super easy for my 5 year old to play, and the theme is very colorful and fun too. The little candy character pieces are super cute. I love the fact that it is also quick- the first person to reach the end wins- without too many rules, like go back 2 spaces or slide down and start over again. The only time you have to go back is if you possibly land on a special spot on the spinner, but it is still not as bad as other games. We will usually play 2 or 3 times so we can each get a chance to win, unlike other games that take so long to finish so we just play once and are done. I would highly recommend for any young child.