HP MediaSmart Server EX475 Reviews
Read 1 Review
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about HP MediaSmart Server EX475:
If you have either a wired or wireless home network, the HP MediaSmart Server is an excellent investment for several reasons. While there are many software products that back up your computer(s), I've never had complete success with a back up product where I didn't lose something. I recently tried to revert to an earlier system restore point in Windows and something happened that corrupted the SAM security files in the Windows System 32 directory which made logging in to my computer impossible. Having purchased the HP EX475 in January 2008, I was able to use a system backup to restore the complete system drive in about 20 minutes. It was amazing!
There are 2 current models of the HP MediaSmart Server, the EX470 and EX475, the difference being the second preinstalled 500 GB HDD.
The server has these additional features. The sleek, quiet MediaSmart Server EX475 provides remote access to files(*1) on the server, automatic backup of all networked PCs, media streaming(*3) across your home network, a photo sharing Web site, and virtually limitless storage expandability (1TB plus two empty expansion bays). This home server is ideal if you have multiple PCs on a home network, or want the flexibility to enjoy your digital experiences from anywhere over the Internet. It is based on Microsoft's Windows Home Server operating system and supports 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet and both wired and wireless networking (requires wireless router). AMD Live! 64-bit processing power supplies fast file access and timely backups.
Flexible and multifunctional - **Centralize and share files** and media across your network
- **Remotely access** your files and applications from any Internet-connected computer(*2)
- **Stream photos, music,** and videos to PCs on your network and TV and stereo system(*3)
- **Automatically copy iTunes** music libraries from family members' PCs to the server for streaming
Photos sharing, storage, backups - **Create a photo Web site** on your server with HP Photo Webshare, then share photos and video clips with only people you designate
- **Invite people** to your photo site: set up a personal Web address; visitors can download full-resolution photos or upload their own pics and video clips
- **Automatically back up** desktop PCs and laptops running Windows XP or later
- **Add extra protection:** designate folders that will be automatically duplicated on multiple hard drives
- **Expand your storage** via two internal hard-drive bays, four USB 2.0 ports, and one eSATA port
- **Get peace of mind** with the one-year limited warranty
- **Compatibility:** Windows XP or more recent Microsoft operating system
- Powered by Windows Home Server operating system and AMD Live! processing power
(*1). To remotely access PCs, they must be running Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, or Windows Vista Ultimate or Windows Vista Business, and be connected to the Internet. Internet connection charges not included.(*2). Internet service required and not included.(*3). Requires Digital Media Adapter (UPnP). Certain copy-protected files may not stream properly.