3.9

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray, Ultra Strong

3.9

Pros

Cons

Does your fabulous hair flop in the humidity? Try this spray!

A week ago last Sunday was a great hair day... until I walked the dogs and the night air simply uncurled me.  A partial solution arrived the next day when I read about **Garnier Fructis Volumizing Anti-Humidity Hairspray** in a magazine.  I was on it in a flash, headed for *Walgreen's*, hoping this latest product might work and do so *without *taxing my budget.

Fortunately, **Garnier Fructis** products run in a reasonable price range -- especially now that I'm deep in experimentation as I let my hair grow out.  Since I purchased this **Extra-Strong Anti-Humidity Hair Spray **(3 extra-strong on a scale of 5), I've used it in two ways.

The first was a quick, roundabout spray of my hair before going outside in the humidity.  As always, I covered my face with a washcloth in one hand and sprayed with the other.  (I'm inclined to have eye irritations from sprays if I don't do this.)  When I returned home, my hair was only vaguely curled, BUT it definitely hadn't flopped.

The second was a thorough spraying right after I'd set my hair in curlers.  (Again, I protected my face.)  With my comb-out soon exposed to humidity, I discovered that this approach maintained the promised volume and more of the original set.  I can go for this technique with a "hurrah".  My hair doesn't feel lacquered up and the promised volume remains.  (It does *not,* however, display the "bounce-back" characteristics mentioned on the can.)

Some of you will want extra spray and applications more often as recommended on the can.  Because of my eyes, I've found that the spray after setting is enough for me.  I usually reset the hair around my face at night.  Because I wet each curl first, the **Garnier Fructis Spray** seems to be reactivated and effective again the next day.

For those who enjoy something new, **Garnier Fructis Anti-Humidity Hair Spray** boasts the addition of "Natural Bamboo Extract".  This extract has been selected for "strength, suppleness... resilience" etc.  It's all hype to me, but if it actually contributes to this product's excellence, so much the better.

Great hold for my curly hair style - not so great for my scalp

When I first started using Maybelline Garnier Fructis Style Volumizing Anti Humidity Hair Spray Extra Strong I thought, "Wow" this will be a great product to review it holds my curly hair style and gives me great lift.   But unfortunately the more I used it the less I liked it.

***What I like about Maybelline Garnier Fructis Style Volumizing Anti Humidity Hair Spray Extra Strong***

- inexpensive

- easy to find

- smells good

- holds my hair style - curly or straight

- helps with fighting humidity and frizz

Sounds great doesn't it?  Until . . . .

***What don't I like about Maybelline Garnier Fructis Style Volumizing Anti Humidity Hair Spray Extra Strong***

- dry scalp

- flaky

- makes my head itch

So you see the problem. I find an inexpensive, easy to find and purchase hair spray that is AWFUL for my hair.  The more I used it the more itchy, flaky dandruff scalp I got.  Don't get me wrong, I don't use a lot of hairspray just enough to lift and hold.  But unfortunately with using Maybelline Garnier Fructis Style Volumizing Anti Humidity Hair Spray Extra Strong I got the strong hold I wanted and the itchy flaky scalp I didn't!

Gives hair great shine

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray, Ultra Strong:

I like to try different hair sprays and see which ones work the best for my hair. I have fine, thin hair that has natural curls. I like to wear my hair straight and also curly. I live in Florida and humidity is definitely an issue. This product got my attention when it stated it was an anti humidity spray.
I like to use this product when I wear my hair straight and looking for some extra volume. I spray it on my dry hair before styling. I just spray my hair upside down and let it dry before flat ironing the crazy pieces. This spray does add volume and is also a good spray for giving your hair the extra hold needed. I have found that using too much does cause your hair to be hard and sticky. If that is the style you are looking for, I would use this for sure.
I did not see much help at all with the humidity issue, I cant really blame the product as the humidity in Florida is brutal.
This product has a nice scent and doesn't smell like a normal hairspray.

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray Ultra Strong is a really good hairspray when you have horrible frizzy, flyaway, out of control hair like I do. My hair is naturally curly and even when it is not humid outside it is out of control with the frizz and the fly aways. I bought this hairspray on a whim and I am very happy that I did. I use it every day now and will continue to buy it. It keeps my hair completely 100% under control, I have no more fly away hairs and my frizz is tame now. It does not leave a product build up either, I do not get those white flakes in my hair that some sprays leave. It washes out very well and does not make my scalp feel dry or itchy. It has a very pleasing scent as well. It smells like flowers with a touch of something that I just can't put my finger on, but it's a very nice smell. Not overpowering at all and my hair smells good all day long after using this hairspray.

strong hold

I get great results from using Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray Ultra Strong. This hairspray is super easy to use! First, shake the hairspray bottle and then after you have styled your hair, spray the hairspray from about a six to twelve inch distance. I have found that when I use this hairspray after I style my hair, my hairstyle lasts all day. I recommend a few touch ups if you are trying to make your hairstyle last all day and into the night. Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray has a great scent and makes my hair smell good. I have not found that this hairspray damages my hair at all. Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray does not leave my hair as sticky and crunchy as other hairsprays I have used before. I would definitely recommend Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray, Ultra Strong to anyone.

Works but does a number on your hair

I am very so so on this product. The product works really well to hold in the curls in your hair. I have noticed there was a lot of damage done to my hair. It also makes your hair really greasy, so you have to wash it several times to get the spray out. I love the product smell and the job it does but I hate when I have to wash my hair so much to get it out. I think this company is moving forward and would recommend it to others.

I can't go one day without my Garnier Fructis Style Sleek.

from Fort Worth, Texas

Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hair Spray-Ultra Strong has been my number one choice of hair spray for the past few years. I love this hair spray. I depend on this hair spray to keep my hair in place and keep my hair style looking freshly done. With my Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Hair Spray-Ultra Strong my hair styles after leaving the beauty salon last longer and makes me feel like I am really getting my monies worth. This hair spray doesn't flake and it doesn't break my hair off on the ends. It hardens my hair without damaging it or without taking out the body. My hair is still bouncy and manageable with this hair spray. I am so satisfied with this hair spray I have not wanted to switch to any other brand. This has been my brand of choice and I always recommend it to others. My friends and family have used this hair spray and also had great results. I will continue to us this brand.

Doesn't weigh my hair down!

I love Garnier Fuctis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray because I don't have to worry about it weighing my hair down at all. I spend a lot of time trying to give my hair volume and the last thing I need is a hairspray that is going to make it too heavy to stay up. I live in Virginia and it has been known to get pretty humid here at times. This hairspray, along with other Garnier Fructis anti-humidy products makes my hair immune to the humidity. My hair tends to frizz a little bit anyways and doesn't need any help from the weather, but with this hairspray, I am able to keep it under control. This hairspray is so reasonably priced and I don't have to use a lot to get the full effects. It holds so great and I can count on it keeping my hair in place all day. I don't feel like my hair is covered with a film when I use it and it doesn't smell terrible. Just two more perks of this wonderful hairspray. I would highly recommend it to anyone with any hair type.

Straighten then hold it!

from Rockwood, IL

This is a hair straightening miracle.I'm a flat iron kinda girl.My friend Malorie was the one who introduced me to it.She said she fries her hair alot (like me) She said it's her "Finishing spray"It's a subtle hold worth the mild stiffness to keep damaged hair under control.She said was like an effortless hold without the greasyness of a shine spray.I tried it for myself and got the same results.Can't complain :) So yeah style your hair as usual and then finish it with this...

Great hold for my curly hair style - not so great for my scalp

from Houston, TX

- inexpensive

- easy to find

- smells good

- holds my hair style - curly or straight

- helps with fighting humidity and frizz

Sounds great doesn't it?  Until . . . .

- dry scalp

- flaky

- makes my head itch

Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Hairspray Works Okay

from Naples, FL

This hairspray was given to me as a gift from a friend. It works moderately well on my hair to control frizz and keep a blow out or straightening/styled hair in place. I don't like that it does cause waxy build up after a while (if you don't use a clarifying shampoo or rinse). The smell is also a bit overpowering. My hair happens to be medium length, thick, wavy and I have layers in it. I generally wash my hair, blow dry and do a simple updo or if I want to get fancy, I blowdry it with a round brush or striaghten it flat. I generally use just a little bit of hairspray for those hairstyles that need a little more hold or smoothing (like straightening flat), and I found that this hairspray did the job for the most part. I still did have some frizz but I found that it didn't create that "crispy" or "crunchy" look that some hairsprays may cause. I would have purchased this again, since it's so affordable and easily found at drugstores but after reading how it ranked on the SkinDeep Database, I will not be buying. This product ranked as a 6 out of 10 (10 being the worst, most unhealthy product to use), so it's slightly worse than many other hairsprays out there. And since you often inadvertantly inhale hairspray (it is sprayed into the air after all), I dont want to breathe up awful chemicals.

Garnier Fructis Hairspray is good

from North Liberty, IA

I have used Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray, Ultra Strong for almost one year.  Overall, I like this product.  Sometimes, it does not seem to help keep the frizz away on particularly humid days.  However, the hold is quite strong and I overall been pleased with the results.  It lasts for a significant period of time (around 8 hours), even when dancing and sweating a significant amount.  The Ultra Strong hold lives up to its name! The product sometimes leaves my hair feeling a little nasty and full of gunk, but that is usually after I use it for a few days straight.  It helps to double wash your hair to get the product fully out after a couple of days use.  I have recommended this product to my mother who was switching from Aqua Net, and she likes how it feels comparatively.  I guess it is all about what you are used to using in the past for your hair spray needs.