3.9
Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash

Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash

3.9

Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash: A convenience we both love

Brandy, our Miniature Schnauzer is of course a terrier.  And, like most terriers they love to drag their owner behind them when out for a walk.  I on the other hand prefer to stroll leisurely.  What to do?

I purchased a **Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash,** a couple years ago and I'm glad I did.  The leash is 26 feet long when fully extended.  It allows Brandy the freedom to roam anywhere within that boundry without requiring me to struggle to keep up with her.  Since she doesn't like being too far from me this works out nicely.

On occasions that I want to keep her closer I just depress the trigger and walk towards her allowing the leash to retract.  Or, I can give her a gentle tug or two and the leash quickly takes up the slack.

The handle has a locking device that permits you to regulate just how much leash you'll give your dog, but care must be taken when you're using this feature.

**Caution**

The leash is basically a high strength piece length of braided nylon.   It attaches to what appears to be a conventional nylon leash of approximately 18 inches.  When it is left slack it  very easily will wrap itself around your pet's front or back legs.  If for any reason they decide to take a quick dash the leash can hurt them as it goes taut.

Since we live on a sleepy cul-de-sac, we don't have to deal often with traffic and I can allow Brandy to roam.  But when we go to a high traffic area I keep her a lot closer to me.  Allowing the leash to remain unlocked but controlling its length at the same time takes some practice.  Fortunately, Brandy seems willing to let me practice as much as I like.

**My Viewpoint**

I like the Flexi Retractable Leash and prefer it to a conventional leash.  If you're attentive to your dog and alert for surrounding danger it just might be the leash for your dog as well.

Regards,

Rudi

length and retracting is great, but not when it snaps!

I bought a Flexi Retractable Leash to use on my rescue beagle/lab mix Ruby.  I made sure to get one step up from her weight limit, just in case.  Ruby and I loved that she could have the freedom to go 'do business' withough me having to pretty much stand on top of her.  Since she was a rescue from an abusive home it was important for her to have her space.

After a few months I noticed that the Flexi Leash was not retracting as easily as it did when I purchased it.  I didn't do anything about it, and I didn't go get a new one since they are pretty expensive.  I figured it was normal.  One day Ruby and I were out and came across another dog that Ruby was not having friendly feelings towards.  In locking down the Flexi Leash and trying to keep Ruby close, she managed to wrap herself around a phone pole and pull hard enough that the line snapped.  I ended up getting whipped (luckily not on skin, just a coat sleeve) with the line, and Ruby got a mouthful of the other dog.  Not only did the Flexi Leash not work, it allowed Ruby to get away from me.  Luckily, no one was truly harmed.  Ruby just did her dominant thing and I managed to carry her home (thankfully, she's only about 20 pounds).  I have not purchased another Flexi Leash.  I use a standard chain and leather leash or a nylon leash.  Ruby has gotten used to 'making business' close to me.

Great leash for older dogs

Comments about Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash:

I like the freedom the Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash provides for my older dog when he is walking. I originally tried to use this leash when my dog was still in the "puppy stage" but found that it was not a good fit for an energetic puppy. He pulled too much on the leash and the length the leash extended was too far for him. My puppy would get distracted and did not walk well on the Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash. I decided to put this leash away until my puppy was a little older and just recently started using this leash on our walks again. The Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash is perfect for an older, slightly less energetic dog. The extension length is perfect and the locking mechanism is strong. I can extend the leash out some of the way, lock it, walk my dog, and the leash stays in the same position during the time we are out walking. Overall, I am very impressed with the Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash. While I would not recommend it as a leash for puppies, it is a perfect choice for older dogs!

Nice leash of good quality.

Comments about Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash:

This is a really nice leash. It really works and is or extremely good quality. My dog is very large and likes to wander away. He can sometimes pull me with him. One time while we were on one of are dragging/pulling adventures, he broke the leash. I had to chase him all the way through the park. I eventually found him barking at a squirrel in a tree. Needless to say, I was very mad. My leash had let me down and I was disappointed. So, I had to go shopping for a new leash. I saw a lot that looked nice, but they were too similar to the one I had previously. Then I came across this new retractable leash. I thought this would be really great for Fred's wandering habit. He could go look around while I still had his leash. So I bought it and I have been very satisfied. It has worked completely and Fred and I have not had anymore chasing altercation. I think that this product really works and it a great value.

Wouldn't recommend for large dogs.

Comments about Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash:

I have a seventy pound dog and bought this when his old leash broke while on a road trip. For the price (especially for a big dog) I wasn't expecting much but it actually lasted a few months before breaking. If you have an unfriendly dog as I do, I wouldn't recommend this at all -- BIG no-no on my part.
My dog had seen someone running and started pulling on the leash. He pulled so hard the thing unlocked and it jammed up so I couldn't lock it again. The force this dog was exerting ended up breaking the rope! Luckily because he was pulling so hard and didn't expect it to break he kind of tripped up so I caught him.
So overall, I think this product isn't all that great. Unreliable lock which leads to terrible control of your animal, flimsy cord that can't handle large dogs, and it broke in a matter of months. I wouldn't recommend this product for large dogs at all. I believe small dogs would do just fine, though!

Easy going

Comments about Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash:

I love this product! I have two dogs of my own so when it comes to taking them out for a walk, a good reliable leash is a must. This leash is a great leash to use because it has a retractable rope that acts as the leash. While walking your dog, you have the option of letting them roam freely on a preset leash length, or lock the rope so the dog is not able to roam. This leash is perfect for strolls or leisurely walks.

great for small sized dogs wouldnt recommend it for larger breed

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash:

I thought this would be a good product for my german sheppard, to give him extra room on the leash but where he could still be controlled. A great concept.......on paper. In reality because he is a large, strong dog, when he would pull on it, the line would zip out so fast it would about go flying out of my hand. Putting the breaks on the leash going out doesn't work when they go really fast. It was very hard to control him on it, and was quite embarrassing to be unable to control him in public due to the nature of the design of this product. I would only suggest this for people with small dogs, or does that have no strength to be able to pull hard. Otherwise, you will end up like me, holding onto the handle and watching the leash fly outwards to where you cant even stop the mechanism from going anything further. A true disappointment I will stick with more traditional leashes for my pet instead of this!!

Work great

Comments about Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash:

I have two dogs and they love being outdoors. I bought them both Flexi retractable leashes. They work great. I use them then we go to the park or just when I hook them to their stakes outside. I like them because it gives the dogs room to run without getting tangled up plus they don't jerk my arms off when they take off like they did on a regular leash.

These leashes are wonderful and I love them .

Comments about Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash:

I love these leashes, they are great for people who have older dogs ,because older dog sometimes walk a bit slower and these leashes are great for them so you wont pull them and they can go at their own pace.They are also great if you are at a park and you don't want to take the dog off the leash but you still want them to have freedom.I love these leashes and fully recommend them.

Works better for smaller dogs.

Comments about Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash:

I own an American Eskimo breed, and they get quite large in size. The first time i took him out on a walk, he didn't seem to pull that much. My friends always says their dogs pull and yank the leash like no tomorrow. I thought I would be needing one of these, and i did. Because over time my dog was just too over excited when ever we go on walks. He just can't wait to do whatever dogs do in the outside world. Now my dog's pulling is becoming a nuisance. I've looked online for some no pull harnesses. These harnesses seemed like they would damage the dog's arms because of the tightening. I further look into these kinds of things, and i come across this beauty. The design was great and the reviews were good, so i decided to try it out. When i took my dog out to walk the next day, the was pulling, but when i used the retracting function, he came back. However, my dog grew rather large over time which deemed this retractable leash useless. This is a great product, but i recommend this for smaller dogs, as they do not have as much power as larger dogs.

An essential for dog walkers!

from Brandenburg, KY

Comments about Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash:

I have a middle sized dog, she is a border collie, so I don't have a lot of issues with her pulling me and she does a great job of listening to me when we are out walking. I got this retractable leash to give her some more roaming room while we walk since she is such a trustworthy dog. She loves our walks so much more now. I have had similar products to this in the past and they have fallen apart when you try to restrain them from going somewhere you don't want them to go. I have had this one for well over 4 years and have had no issues with it locking up or any of the elements not working when I needed them to. I like that it has a lock button so you aren't continually having to hold down a lock button when you are say close to a road you don't want the dog on. You lock the button in and that is now off limits without wearing your thumb out. If you have a dog that deserves a little more roaming room and is trustworthy, I would definitely recommend spending a little more money and getting this, you definitely won't regret it.

the only leash to last!

from Ridge Spring, SC

Comments about Flexi 2-8 Retractable Leash:

So excited I just got a new Flexi Retractable leash for Christmas! I had gone to a less expensive brand, what a mistake. It stopped "reeling in" with in just a few uses. I have had the Flexi brand in the past and should never have changed when I got a new puppy. I know now that my pup will be save and I can draw her back at any time with my new Flexi leash! Thanks Santa!