3.9
Fisher-Price
Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera

Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera

3.9

F-P Kid Tough digital camera: Tough to top this gift.

**Fisher-Price Kid Tough digital camera**My son just received an early birthday present for his fifth birthday.  I am telling you the Fisher-Price Kid Tough digital camera is going to be tough to top in the gift department.  He loves it.**Features of the Fisher-Price Kid Tough digital camera:**It's **tough** and covered in protection to survive drops and tumbles.Now it's **waterproof**!  The camera will now resist spills and is waterproof for up to 30 minutes in 3 ft. of water.  I am not advertising this fact because I really don't want my kids to test this.It has **two eye viewing**.  I wish my camera had this!It has **sturdy hand grips** and **big buttons** for little hands.It has **built in auto flash** and 1.5 inch LCD preview screen.It holds up to **500 pictures** depending on the resolution settings and 64 MB built-in memory.It comes with a **USB cable** (Thank you so much.) for downloading pictures to e-mail, print or edit.  ***The quality of the printed photographs is not as good with this camera as it would be with some digital cameras.  ***Some of them are very good but some have a grainy quality.  My son seems happy to be able to see his photos on the computer or simply to show them to his friends on his camera.  My son took about 60 pictures at the family reunion where he received this gift and amazingly many of them were quite good.  It is so easy to use he figured it out himself rather quickly.  There are only four buttons; back, forth, on/off and delete.  Like other cameras it asked you a second time to be sure you want to delete.  I am so happy that my son has his own camera and he can feel free to take photographs of people, places and things that are important to him and I don't have to let him use my digital camera.Now his older sister has put in "her order" that she wants one for Christmas.  Fortunately the Fisher-Price Kid Tough digital camera comes in pink and blue so they can both have one and easily tell them apart.  ***My Viewpoint:***The Fisher-Price Kid Tough digital camera is one of the coolest gift ideas for kids ages three and up.

We would have LOVED this camera, if only it worked!

We recently purchased the Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera, and were so excited about it.  We had researched the product quite a bit before purchasing it, and read review after review full of glowing praise.   However, from the very first time our 4 year old started using it, we began experience a very big problem: the power button wouldn't keep the camera on.  Push the button, camera goes on for a second, then shuts right back down.  Rinse and repeat, until for whatever unknown reason the camera would start working.  We tried new batteries several times, just to be sure that wasn't the problem, and it wasn't.  Of course, we had to return the camera and buy a different brand, because that kind of flaw isn't something a 4 year old (or anybody) should have to work around.

We were sad that our camera had this problem, because everything else about the camera was great.  The design, the functionality, the ergonomics, all of that was terrific.  However, the one problem the camera did have was a deal breaker.

Great for the budding photographer!

Comments about Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera:

This product offered the perfect solution for my camera loving son who would otherwise be tempted to snag my (not so kid tough) professional camera. From a young age he has been fascinated with taking pictures and wants to take actual pictures alongside my husband and I- not just pretending to, like many toy cameras do. This one lives up to its name and has take lots of use- perhaps bordering on abuse even- from a very active little boy. I was so happy with this product I decided to gift one to my 3-year-old niece as well, with similarly positive results. It is durable and long-lasting. The perfect size for little hands and very simple, straightforward operation that you would expect for the target toddler and preschool audience. The only thing is that you have to be realistic about what you're getting- it's not meant to be a camera that takes good quality pictures. They are very small and grainy, but for the price and for the quality overall you really can't beat this toy.

Kid Tough Digital Camera is fun for kids of all ages

from Texas

Comments about Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera:

I really didn't want to turn over my breakable camera to the kids so I bought this camera for them to use. It's is fun and while it is not designed to take great pictures, they have fun and most of the pictures are okay. Not only is it this camera built to survive being dropped it is easy for the kids to use and they take as many pictures as they want. It has a built in memory, holds over a thousand picture and has a four times zoom on it., Most of all it encourages the kids. The camera does adjust the light automatically for fewer pictures errors. We joke that sometimes the "Kid Camera" takes better pictures than mine. We encourage the kids to create memories and they love having their own camera. I would not buy this camera for older children but it's great for the little ones. It teaches them how to use a camera, including how to erase pictures that they don't want as well as how to treat a real camera when you get them that.

It is a fun camera for kids but not the best choice

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera:

This was bought for my son when he was younger and he had a lot of fun with it. It is a good camera for kids. I will say first of all that you can't expect the same quality of picture from a children's camera than you can from an adult camera. On the other hand you want to be able to at least see the picture clearly. This was kind of in between. It definitely was not quality picture, but my child didn't seem to mind when he was snapping all of his shots. I loved watching him take pictures of everything. He was so proud of his photography skills. If you get this camera make sure that you get some rechargeable batteries. It sucks the life out of the batteries fast. It is a tough camera. Ours was dropped many times yet still worked great. There are no cracks or chips on the plastic to this day. The rubber around it helps with that. It has a neat design and look to it. I can see kids saying that they think it looks cool. Saying all that I would say that this camera is worth the money. Kids love this camera! My son had an easy time figuring it out for his age. There are also other features included in this as well. Fisher Price usually makes a good product and I think this one is well made. This was used so many times by my son when he was younger. He loved it!

LOVE LOVE LOVE This Camera

from Dover, PA

Comments about Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera:

This has got to be one of the best purchases made toy-wise for my son. He LOVES having his own camera and being a little photographer. The picture quality isn't the greatest but you can still make out what the pictures are. You can even download them on your computer. The buttons and the way the camera is set up is very easy to use and my child learned it so quickly! Holds a LOT of photos as well! Not to mention it has been dropped several times and yes it is kid tough!

my two year old LOVES this camera!

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera:

This kid-friendly camera has been through 3 children now and is still going strong! They seem to be available in different colors as well.

Pros - made from very durable material (been dropped too many times to count and hasn't broken), cute design/color, large/easy buttons for smaller fingers, grippers on the sides to make it easy for little hands to hold, and it takes and saves real photographs!

Cons - there are about 4 buttons so it can get a bit confusing but still a great kid camera and the actual quality of the pictures are not that great (grainy), but it doesn't interfere with function and most kids will not be particular about that type of thing.

Pictures from a child's point of view.

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera:

What kid doesn't at least attempt to get ahold of their parents camera?! The Fisher Price Kid Tough Camera is great for kids that like to take pictures and play around with technology. I was overall impressed with the camera as were my kids (ages range from 2 to 11).
If you are in the market for a child's camera this is a good option and budget friendly. It is very durable and waterproof, from what I understand it is waterproof up to 30 minutes, we have not tried the waterproof feature to the full extent yet. The outside is all high impact rubber because kids drop things often. Can be cleaned easily with a wipe or anything similar because kids get sticky to say the least. Hand grips are big and chunky which is great for little hands. The camera has built in flash and can take up to, depending on resolution settings, 500 pictures with the built in memory of 64 MB. Includes the USB cable which easily connects to the computer for uploading. Installation and set up were very easy and quick. Charging the camera is also easy since it is via the USB cord.
I bought the camera for my son who was 4 at the time and he shared it with his younger sister who was 2 at the time. They both dropped it numerous times but it never stopped working and there are no cracks or scratches on the camera or the lens. Our camera has been inside and outside, in dark and light, and through plenty of mud, dirt and sticky situations and it is still working. The kids like to take pictures of anything from bugs to baby dolls at tea parties. The kids like to play dress up and have a camera of their own available to take pictures of things they do. The older kids like to document things they do as well with it like biking, swimming, sports and everyday things. We have had it over a year now and it is still being used on a regular basis. Picture quality is ok considering it is a child's camera. They look pretty good on the computer but once printed they are not as clear, I guess could be in part due to printer options and settings. Comes with all the accessories needed to get started taking pictures from a child's point of view. The camera is also capable of taking videos which is a great feature however there are no sound options available on this model, hopefully that will be changed in the future.

Overall Pros:
Water Proof
Durable and easy to hold.
Ability for kids to document everything in their lives they find important, which as a mom is a very good thing.
Easy to use and understand for both child and parents.
Set up is easy and quick.

Overall Cons:
Images printed are not as good as I would like but they are still good quality.
No sound.
Pictures are approximately 2 inches by 2 inches.

good for the money

from Leland, NC

Comments about Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera:

My granddaughter loves this camera,it was definitely a great gift. The buttons are arranged in good places and she does well with using it. She is seven and feels all grown up taking her own photos. Her family lives over two hundred miles from us and having her cute photos has made a huge difference. She walks the neighborhood with her older brothers trying to find "news for Grammie" and that keeps us closer together.

great for toddlers

from Seco, KY

Comments about Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera:

this camera is great its light and easy.my childern enjoy it very much.i would recommend this to anyone who has childern.it is educational.the coloralso makes it enjoyable.i am a kid myself so i enjoy it as much as the kids.the kids can keep both eyes open when taking pictures.but thier should be more color choices.all though its color is pretty.it good for boys or girls or parents.even the grandparents can enjoy it.

kid-proff

from Owensboro, KY

Comments about Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera:

We bought this camera for my 4 year old son for christmas, and I just couldn't help but give it to him early. He always wants to play with my digital camera, but I'm afraid of him dropping it or damaging it in some way. He LOVES to take pictures of just about anything. The buttons were really easy for him to use. Even my 17 month old had figured out how to take a picture. Its so fun to took at all the pictures they take. My oldest son took it to preschool and took pictures of his friends. They all loved seeing eachother on the camera. I would recommend this product to anyone with creative children or children who just like to play with cameras. We load the pictures my son takes onto the computer once the memory card it full, so the memory on the card isnt a big deal to us. It doesn't take the best pictures I've ever seen, but they are fairly good. and if your child is like mine, most of the pictures are of things around the house or looking up their nose, or right up in the dogs face anyway..

This camera is awesome and is simple enough for kids to use

from Bradenton, FL

Comments about Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera:

I love this camera it is very easy to use. I bought this for my 6 year old and she has been having a great time snapping pictures all over the place. I didn't even have to teach her how to use it, my 2 year old has even picked it up and taken shots with it (not the best..lol) but she was wble to figure out the button to push. It is also very kid tough, so far has withstood being stepped on by my 6 year old and dropped a couple time and it still works fine. The only con is the pic on the screen isn't all that great on the camera, but the kids are pleased with it and the acual pictures turn out good so I guess that's all that matters.