Other Misc. Computers & Electronics:

Cricut Expression Personal Electronic Cutter Machine

Pros

Cons

My Cricut Expression has lived up to my high Expectations

My husband bought my Cricut Expression for me last year for Mother's Day.  I have used it for so many different things.  During the school year, I use it a lot for locker decorations for the different sports ans clubs my kids are in.  This year I used it to make our Christmas Cards, and have been using it to make other cards instead of buying a card.

Why I would recommend the Expression over the smaller Cricut is

- You can cut up to 12'x24" paper
- There is a center point function
- The six different modes gives you more flexibility
- The screen shows you what is going to print

wish i'd never bought it

Buyer be ware

Buyer be ware

I would like to review the product here but cant, you see my Expression worked twice for a few moments and has not worked since..... i like many waited a long time to get a Cricut the expense being one point the cost of the cartrges being another but like many crafters secretly wanted one of these.

I got my Cricut Expression the blue limited edition for christmas sooo excited, opened it played with it for a bit then tried later once my kids where in bed for about half an hour....the next day December 26th i had more time so turned it on, the little led display didn't turn on!!! i had lots of bleeping but no display...you really cant use the machine with out this as you cant see what your doing or cutting, i looked online for more help but couldn't find another sole this had happened to...OMG was i the only one?!!!! i did after hours of searching find a reset option (i tried this but it never worked) i tried to call Provo craft (the makers of cricut) but they only work Mon - Fri  so i had to wait to call customer service ...here the fun begins.

After three calls being dropped and hours on hold i finally got through to customer service who then asked me who i got the machine from, apparently they have very strict rules on who you can and cant get your machine from even if it is factory sealed new in box it has to be from a list of sellers if they are not on this list your whopping 1 year warranty is void...it does say this if you read your warranty ...ok who here reads there warranty for anything until it breaks?....i have never in all my life read a warranty before i bought a product.

Any way after making me wait they tell me my seller was on the list so gave me a confirmation number told me they would ship out a new machine and i would then send in my broken one......i wait ...wait wait 10 days later i'm very worried i call back...am i supposed to get a confirmation email or just something to let me know it has at least shipped  they instead inform me nothing has been done. they filed it under closed and closed the case. so i reopen it and it has now been 4 days i still have had no response here i go calling again today...also be awear they have a 90 day replacement warrenty after 90 days they can ship you a refurb machine.

really wish i'd not purchased this ....

Awesome

Comments about Cricut Expression Personal Electronic Cutter Machine:

The machine turned me on to scrapbooking & made me fall absolutely in love with it! The cricut gives you endless possibilities to what you can do with your scrapbooking or card making project. Simply buying embellishments at the store limits you to a particular size or color.

This machine is great

Comments about Cricut Expression Personal Electronic Cutter Machine:

I absolutely love this machine. There are so9 many things that you can do with it. I personalize so many things for my friends and coworkers. From mini hand sanitizers to purse sized lotions and toiletries, there is something for everyone. You can use this machine to cut vinyl, paper and even material. Any time that I am running low on project inspiration, I just look at videos online and an amazed at the amount of things people have done with theirs! I highly recommend this to any crafter!!

makes crafting fun

from Hudson, OH

Comments about Cricut Expression Personal Electronic Cutter Machine:

I love cricut and their cartridges. excellent product to use for papercrafts. the possibilities are endless (wish I had more time to devote to crafting). the machine is high quality I have had mine for five years and no issues. my only complaint on cricut - and I hope they are reading this - the instructions!! ugggg the book is a nightmare. can we just put each language by section instead of one page of each language after another. so annoying. also the actual instructions are awful. you really just have to experiment which can be time consuming and use up your blade. the website is great too, although pages download really slow and they need to update their pdf booklets. I just downloaded the digital program and linked my machine. this makes designing a lot easier. I also wish they would bring back the 12 by 12 sheets. the larger ones are cumbersome. I used the cricut to make our gorgeous art deco style wedding invitations. it took a long time and cost more than buying them but they were one of a kind. we also use the cricut to make sings and even made address and street name for our newly painted mailbox

My Cricut obsession

Comments about Cricut Expression Personal Electronic Cutter Machine:

I have the Crcut Expression. I didn't want to learn the on screen technology with the Expression 2, so I upgraded my 6 inch Cricut to the Expression. Be warned- the cartridges are very addictive! I have around 75 now. I can't seem to get enough. But I get so much enjoyment from my Expression! I make scrapbooks, cards and I am getting into vinyl. The vinyl cuts beautifully on the Expression. You can even get the iron on vinyl to make even more fun projects. Put the pressure and speed settings on 3 so you get the kiss cut. That doesn't cut through the backing but just cuts the vinyl. I made an iron on shirt for my grandson. Cardstock works best to cut on the Expression, but even the brand of cardstock makes a difference in how well it cuts. I really like the DCWV ot Darice paper. I usually ,for the most part, keep the settings on 4. But with the Darice paper, it cuts best with the multi cut button on. It seems to cut really well.

Awesome but expensive hobby

Comments about Cricut Expression Personal Electronic Cutter Machine:

When I decided I did really wanted to go BIG on scrapbooking and crafting I knew I needed an extraordinary tool. Cricut brand came on my way and I loved it to death!. I love the way the knoife holder can also hold markers, so instead of neat cuts I could also get amazing drawings of anything pretty much. the only reason I am giving it an 8 its because of the grand variety of cartridges to buy! there is no ending and it could be kind of overwhelming for a craft room with limited space like mine. I am glad for this amazing cutting machine but I have to be honest, it could be addicting! and also go out of budget. I am always trying to get deals or coupons in order to get a cartridge with super cool features and other tools the brand got. once you buy it you wont regret it. I have had mine for about 5 years know and its in perfect conditions. In order to make this decision of buying it you have to seriously consider how often would you used it. This machine its definitely to be used and not just an acquirement for a crafty person.

Cutting genius!

Comments about Cricut Expression Personal Electronic Cutter Machine:

What an awesome cutting machine for scrap booking and beyond. My husband bought me the Cricut expression 2 for Christmas and I just love it. A friend if mine has the 1st expression and I had a blast seeing what it all could do. I enjoy expanding my creativity and my kids love getting fun cut outs to craft with. The expression 2 has some nice features compared to the original. It has a touch screen and easier digital cartridge uploading. You definitely will spend time playing with the machine to figure out all the settings, especially if you're new to the Cricut machine.

If you have kids, you have to have a Cricut!

Comments about Cricut Expression Personal Electronic Cutter Machine:

I was at first apprehensive to purchase such an expensive crafting item, especially one that required me to buy cartridges, and other gizmos....but it's the best purchase I've made in a long time. I have 2 kiddos and I have been able to make all of their birthday decorations, cupcake toppers, invitations, and other party essentials. I've made lots of holiday decorations, greeting cards, and banners for friends/family on their special occasions. I love having so many options, and I can be as creative as I want with the Cricut. If I have a party idea, I'm sure there is a Cricut cartridge out there for me to use for my creations. I am considering starting an at home business making party supplies--I just love spending my time with my Cricut!

Cricut expressions lets you be more than you can imagine

from Greencastle, PA

Comments about Cricut Expression Personal Electronic Cutter Machine:

Even though the cartridges are expensive & you can't use the % off coupons at various craft stores. I feel this was a great investment.... I have used it to make signs for gatherings at church (ie;pancake brkfsts, fall festivals, Christmas parties,ect); crafts for the younger kids up through late teens; invitations for both dghtrs (ie showers, graduation, birthday,ect) . Wish I would have had it when I owned a daycare. With being able to select a quantity, sz, format the possibilities are endless. I have even make stencils to paint with. I have used it to cut out designs from velum to scrap wallpaper, just by moving a dial. I have made 6 scrapbooks from Disney also. Let your creativity run away with you and soar in where you imagination takes you!

LOVE my Cricut!

from Lewisville, TX

Comments about Cricut Expression Personal Electronic Cutter Machine:

I have had my "1st generation" Cricut machine for about four years now and it still works like a charm. It can be a little quirky figuring out what settings to use, but now they have the Cricut Craft room software that really helps with all of that. I use it for card making, scrapbooking and home decorationg.

The possibilities are endless!

Comments about Cricut Expression Personal Electronic Cutter Machine:

I love, love, love this machine. I have made so many fun projects with it. I have not really ever had a problem with it. I have only had to change the blades out once so far because I used it so much. I did start to have the blade pulling up some of the paper when cutting. I talked to someone who suggested that I adjust the dial above the blade and that fixed it right away. I cut mostly scrapbook paper and get great results. I have not tried cutting vinyl so I could not recommend it for that yet.