4.8
3,600 reviews
Other Auto Dealers:
Cars.com

Summary

Cars.com is a leading online destination that helps car shoppers and owners navigate every turn of car ownership. Through trusted expert content, on-the-lot mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com helps shoppers buy, sell and service their vehicles. Research and compare cars, find local dealers/sellers, calculate loan payments, find your car's value, sell or trade your car, get a service estimate, and much more on Cars.com

Read 3,600 Reviews

Cars.com

4.8

So very good it sounds over the top . .

After mumble decades this was actually the first time I'd bought a car on my own. I started out bit concerned about the lot (crowded, small office, etc) and discovered I was being a snob. ####I'd researched the car I wanted but hadn't told them I was coming in to look at it. It was at another lot so someone went to pick it up while I talked with (I'm going to misspell this) Onobun. He's an enjoyable person to talk with, not just chatting to keep a potential customer company. ####He managed to appear totally relaxed about my taking it for a test drive after I'd told him I was nervous because I hadn't driven in several years. It put me at ease and after a couple of minutes he didn't have to appear relaxed; I was fine. The area is mainly city streets and he's one of those rare people who's good at giving directions. When I wanted to try opening it up a bit to see how it shifted knew exactly where to go. ####We went through the financing which took a while because of me: I didn't have bank statements with me and had to tie up a computer for a while, longer than intended because my bank had extra security since I wasn't home. After he put together every detail I then asked about paying for it outright. I'd mentioned that financing it would help build up my credit history and we talked about that - not him pushing, two people talking; he has a lot of experience and gave me what I recognized as excellent advice. Then balanced it against my not wanting the hassle of making regular payments; again, some excellent advice on how to finance the car and deal with that. ####Near the end we talked about the other car I was considering, from another dealer, that cost less. They had a car on the lot - really - of the same family with about the same mileage and price. And he was willing to start all over again with my test driving that one despite the three hours we'd already spent, even offering me a break first. As it happened I did a bit more research and decided that no, the car I'd come to look at was the right one. ####While going through the financing he was up front about all the additional costs, tax, tags, etc. There was a question about my needing 'gap' insurance coverage so we just called up my insurance agent. Went through the warranty, his reading it to me because I didn't have my glasses. ####And none of this felt like a sales pitch. Oh, except pushing a bit on the fact that they had a car just like the other one I was considering and should try it, but he was also correct. I'd have always wondered if I'd made the correct choice if I hadn't taken a serious look. ####He's the best sort of salesman, the sort I am in my own very different field. You can't do a good job unless you believe in what you're selling, and care enough about someone who might buy it to learn about them. He does. ####I should add that the other salesman there seems to be almost, not quite but almost, as good. He doesn't know as much about financing but also doesn't pretend he does. If he's not certain of something he checks it. ####Oh, and I love the car. He could have pushed me towards something that cost more but didn't. This is exactly the right one for me. Some make me feel trapped and surrounded by bulkheads, this doesn't. It matches my need to run into the office or drive six hours to another city for work or to see a friend.

A Completely Unfortunate Experience

Hi, This is to detail my *** of 2017 buying experience at *** *** *** ***. Let me start by saying the salesman, ***, was nice enough, or at least I thought so. See my update below. My issues with *** *** of *** *** revolve around the deceptive nature of my car buying experience. Let me explain. My first contact with *** *** was through their internet sales person. This fellow assured a certain price of a particular car. He even let me know once the sale was extended so that I could still receive the price we discussed and that *** had advertised. The price we discussed was prior to taxes, title, tags, etc. With my quote of 23,306 in hand I visited the dealer directly and test drive the car that has been discussed. When it comes time to purchase they pull out a price of 24,600. When I state that wasn't the price I was promised, they asked to see proof. I provided them the emails, plural, from their coworker. After some back room time - enough to make me wait and come up with a bogus excuse - the salesman informs me that the price I was given was the "Memorial Day" price. And of course Memorial Day had just passed. Of course the emails didn't state this anywhere, in fact they were darn clear on what the price was supposed to be, but *** *** *** had to come up with something, right? Now they knew I needed a car in a hurry because my family literally just had our first baby and my car had been totaled. Reluctantly, after sitting in silence with the salesman for a minute I said that I wanted to at least meet in the middle. This was after I said the Memorial Day price excuse was disingenuous and the salesman just looked at me. Of course they met in the middle at this point because they were squeezing $700 more out of me than they had agreed to. The next issue I have was with the finiancing. My credit is over 800, so it's quite good. For the purposes of the sales process they quoted me 3.0%APR. After running my credit the salesman said "Good news my friend, we're gonna be able to do better than that 3.0". Great, right? Well when I sit down with Finance they *** over the APR and I had to ask what rate I was receiving. Finance guy said 2.99%. I stared in disbelief as he just told me he only ran two credit checks out of three because my credit was so good. And, of course when the salesman said I'd do better than 3.0, I crazily believed he meant more than .01%. (This is after I asked what my rate would be after agreeing to purchase and the salesman said "I don't really handle that". Again, I needed the car and they knew it). After I protested saying my credit union could do better, they quickly got me approved though my credit union for 2.59%, a savings of about $300 over the 5 years. Finally, and not nearly as important in the grand scheme of things; the car was detailed poorly when I drove it off the lot. The *** was still hazy in the corners which is just plain annoying when you just spent 30k or so. Bottom line, *** did not honor their own "Clearly Better Car Buying" policy and it cost me about $700 plus interest. I will write to *** directly. I expect nothing more than a "free" oil change and/or checkup while they congratulate the sales team behind the scenes. The experience had made me cynical and has soured me on future *** purchases (my family has purchased 6 thus far). If you're going to buy from these folks keep all your *** close to your *** and make them honor their pricing policies, otherwise be prepared to walk. UPDATE: It's been over 4 months and still no one from the dealership has spoken to me or emailed me. No one from Cochran's corporate office either. They're obviously hoping I forget. Also, up through model year 2017 Hyundai's *** *** system is NOT FREE. They give you the first 90 days free and then it's charged at whatever the prevailing rate is for this service. At the dealership on the day I pick up my car, I foolishly BELIEVED

Exceptional service, great people

from Santa Fe, NM

Comments about Cars.com:

I learned about the folks at *** Infinity from my good friends who highly recommended I see them to buy my first luxury car. ***, *** and *** (at service, repairs) made my experience at *** Infinity one of the best I've ever had in terms of buying a car. Before *** at ***, I had visited many luxury dealerships, only to be treated like a number. At ***, I was approached with respect, care and exceptional professionalism from the first moment I walked into the dealership to test drive a car. Most dealerships treat you like a customer, someone who represents sales and dollars. Not at Garcia....it is clear that *** and *** enjoy their work, genuinely enjoy their product and hold their customers in high positive regard.

Love my new Tucson

from Huntington Beach, CA

Comments about Cars.com:

MJ is always attentive and listens to what you are asking for then gets it for you. This is my second car purchase from him. I will continue to buy cars from him exclusively.

Great facility, Jesse is the best

from Naperville, IL

Comments about Cars.com:

*** was the best salesperson my wife and I have ever had. He walked us through everything. Talked us through any questions. Went above and beyond to make sure we got the exact car we wanted, and picked it up from *** himself to make sure nobody it got to us when he promised it would. Our decision to buy from *** as opposed to other dealerships had a lot to do with the fact that we wanted to work with ***.

Great service and great people.

from Lillington, NC

Comments about Cars.com:

Everyone was very responsive and cared about what I wanted.The sales team and finance lady treated us like family. I would recommend them to everyone.

love my new car

from Allen, Texas

Comments about Cars.com:

*** was great and walked us through the entire buying process as well as the car

Awesome all around

from Stuart, FL

Comments about Cars.com:

Great experience with this dealership. I did not expect the awesome service I received, from the Sales process all the way through to my first service call, for a free oil change.

best buying experience ever

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Cars.com:

Everyone was friendly, and well versed on each and every vehicle in their inventory. They've got a wide variety of high end sports cars, trucks, bikes, etc. I was amazed with the warehouse full of beautiful vehicles that you simply can't find just anywhere. Thank you ***, and everyone I met while pursuing my dream car. 360 Exotics has something special for everyone's taste. I consider myself a life long customer. Thanks again

Great services

from Jonesboro GA

Comments about Cars.com:

They treated Customers good, and they are so flexible on prices. Mr *** *** is so whole-hearted to me, thanks for treating me right.

Cape &Islands Kia

from Falmouth, MA

Comments about Cars.com:

My husband and I were looking for a new car. *** the salesman and *** the sales manager were so nice and made the whole experience painless. We ended up leasing our car for the first time. We left with our new car the same day. We would encourage everyone to start here when looking for your next car.

Purchase

from Smithfield, VA

Comments about Cars.com:

Purchased a used Tundra. Sales consultant, *** *** was great to work with and was very knowledgeable of the product. A true pleasure to work with!