4.8
2,082 reviews
Other Health & Beauties:
Cars.com

Summary

Cars.com is a leading online destination that helps car shoppers and owners navigate every turn of car ownership. Through trusted expert content, on-the-lot mobile app features, millions of new and used vehicle listings, a comprehensive set of research tools and the largest database of consumer reviews in the industry, Cars.com helps shoppers buy, sell and service their vehicles. Research and compare cars, find local dealers/sellers, calculate loan payments, find your car's value, sell or trade your car, get a service estimate, and much more on Cars.com

Read 2,082 Reviews

Cars.com

4.8

(based on 2082 reviews)

So very good it sounds over the top . .

After mumble decades this was actually the first time I'd bought a car on my own. I started out bit concerned about the lot (crowded, small office, etc) and discovered I was being a snob. ####I'd researched the car I wanted but hadn't told them I was coming in to look at it. It was at another lot so someone went to pick it up while I talked with (I'm going to misspell this) Onobun. He's an enjoyable person to talk with, not just chatting to keep a potential customer company. ####He managed to appear totally relaxed about my taking it for a test drive after I'd told him I was nervous because I hadn't driven in several years. It put me at ease and after a couple of minutes he didn't have to appear relaxed; I was fine. The area is mainly city streets and he's one of those rare people who's good at giving directions. When I wanted to try opening it up a bit to see how it shifted knew exactly where to go. ####We went through the financing which took a while because of me: I didn't have bank statements with me and had to tie up a computer for a while, longer than intended because my bank had extra security since I wasn't home. After he put together every detail I then asked about paying for it outright. I'd mentioned that financing it would help build up my credit history and we talked about that - not him pushing, two people talking; he has a lot of experience and gave me what I recognized as excellent advice. Then balanced it against my not wanting the hassle of making regular payments; again, some excellent advice on how to finance the car and deal with that. ####Near the end we talked about the other car I was considering, from another dealer, that cost less. They had a car on the lot - really - of the same family with about the same mileage and price. And he was willing to start all over again with my test driving that one despite the three hours we'd already spent, even offering me a break first. As it happened I did a bit more research and decided that no, the car I'd come to look at was the right one. ####While going through the financing he was up front about all the additional costs, tax, tags, etc. There was a question about my needing 'gap' insurance coverage so we just called up my insurance agent. Went through the warranty, his reading it to me because I didn't have my glasses. ####And none of this felt like a sales pitch. Oh, except pushing a bit on the fact that they had a car just like the other one I was considering and should try it, but he was also correct. I'd have always wondered if I'd made the correct choice if I hadn't taken a serious look. ####He's the best sort of salesman, the sort I am in my own very different field. You can't do a good job unless you believe in what you're selling, and care enough about someone who might buy it to learn about them. He does. ####I should add that the other salesman there seems to be almost, not quite but almost, as good. He doesn't know as much about financing but also doesn't pretend he does. If he's not certain of something he checks it. ####Oh, and I love the car. He could have pushed me towards something that cost more but didn't. This is exactly the right one for me. Some make me feel trapped and surrounded by bulkheads, this doesn't. It matches my need to run into the office or drive six hours to another city for work or to see a friend.

Run the other way

If it was possible, I wouldn't even give *** *** one star. My husband and I bought a car from this dealership 6 weeks ago and it has been a horrible experience from the beginning. First of all, the car was filthy when we went for our test drive. Then, once discussing details, the salesman showed us the wrong history report on the car. He didn't believe me the first several times that I pointed this out (his inability to listen to me became a theme). Our salesman would direct all questions and comments to my husband even when I was the one asking for details. This was even after he was told that this car was going to be my vehicle and I was the one writing the $20,000 check for the car. I was livid. I took my husband outside and let him know that if there was another option (they had the only model/year/package used model within 150 miles) I would not be buying a car from them. Any way, I suppressed my anger and we buy the car. I had no problems with the finance department. They were great and competent. A few weeks later we receive the tax and registration *** from the DMV and notice that it doesn't have the correct VIN number. We call the dealership and they say that they sent the wrong information to the DMV. Unbeknownst to me, they had called my husband shortly after we bought the car for him to verify the VIN (which he did). They did not explain why they needed this information. So, they had known about this problem for weeks but hadn't let us know or corrected the problem. When we call, the dealership promises us that they have sent in the correct information to the DMV and we will receive a tag in threee days maximum. No tag appears... We call a week later and they tell us that they are working on it and feed us the exact same lines as they had the week before (meaning that they have not done anything to correct the problem). They did tell us that we could drive down to the dealership to get another temporary tag. We live an hour and a half away, have a newborn, and this is not our fault. All of these issues should have already been fixed and all tags should have been overnighted to our house. So, in summary, I've owned a car for 6 weeks that is not registered, I have expired tags, and I owe a tax and registration *** on a car that I don't own. I feel like my concerns have been completely ignored by *** ***. If you want to buy a ***, go to a Flow dealership. I've worked with them multiple times and they were fantastic.

Reviewed by 2082 customers

Great Service/Sales

from Manitowoc

Comments about Cars.com:

*** did a phenomenal job! Always there to help!!

Mark and Lori

from Buffalo Lake

Comments about Cars.com:

Appreciated that they stayed after hours to complete the sale so we didn't have to make another trip.

Great Service , Clean Facility.

from aberdeen maryland

Comments about Cars.com:

Let me start with outstanding staff. From salesman to finance it was a great experience. Everyone wore a smile and made you feel like a close friend. Dealers showroom was neat ...

Satisfactory

from euclid, ohio

Comments about Cars.com:

All went good, after a little back and forth made the purchase

Bought a car

from Albany, Ga

Comments about Cars.com:

I purchased a 2016 *** Altima. The process was smooth and stressless. I told Mrs. *** what I wanted and she delivered. I work and was unable to come get my car..my car was delivered to me in *** *** where I work..top of the line customer service!..If I could give 10 stars I would..Kim *** more than a salesperson ..she is a friend!

great place to get a good used reasonable car

from Yeadon, pa

Comments about Cars.com:

I was greeted with great customer service from start to finish. The buying process was easy and fast. They made sure that what I wanted was what I received. I would definitely recommend them to family and friends!!!

The best car dealer in Upper Darby!

from Upper Darby, Pa

Comments about Cars.com:

The entire staff is always friendly and you always get service with a smile. The best thing about Real *** is that the cars are cheap and reliable. I purchased my used car from them one year ago and still no problems!!!?

Review

from Lansdowne PA

Comments about Cars.com:

I purchased my first car here a little over a year ago and I'm still driving the car today with zero problems. The selection of cars they had were great and the customer service was the best.

Total Awesomeness !!

from North Philly, Pa

Comments about Cars.com:

I brought a 98 mercury mistique from Mr Erve 2 yrs or so ago. The car was very neat and clean and ran great. Mr Erve is a very *** and professional *** man and yes I would recommend his immaculate services to anyone and everyone! Great job may god continue to *** you and please keep up the immaculate job that you're doing!??

Great place to buy a car !

from Boothwyn Pa

Comments about Cars.com:

I recently purchased my first vehicle here. The owner was very knowledgeable of all his inventory and sales. I chose my payment arrangements and I drove off that day in my new car! Also everything is done right in office tags title and insurance which is only two doors down so that made my car buying experience very easy. Thanks real *** auto sales !!!