Other Camera Lenses:

Canon EF-S 55-250mm Lens

Canon EF-S 55-250mm Lens Is A great lens

from Wahpeton, ND

Comments about Canon EF-S 55-250mm Lens:

I have had the Canon EF-S 55-250mm Lens for about eight months now and I love it. It is a great all around starter lens. I have taken great pictures from portrait to landscape and have had great quality prints. The lens is lightweight and easy to take care of. Of course there is a down side to every lens and the major downside with this lens is that in certain situations it does not let in enough light. But, I can't say that it is a fault of the product you just need to know that if you are looking to take pictures in lower light situations you may want to consider a lens made for those situations. Although I have purchased an external flash for my camera and that has really helped. As for price, all lenses are expensive so I think this lens if pretty well priced. I would for sure recommend this lens for a beginner as you are able to zoom in and out with it. Just remember if you want to zoom in from a very far distance or you are looking to take pictures in low light situations you may want to try a different lens. You just need to know what you are looking for.

Bang for your buck!

from Northridge, CA

Comments about Canon EF-S 55-250mm Lens:

If you are just starting in photography and want a good telephoto to learn the ropes with, then look no further.

Great image quality, durable build, and good range! Not the fastest lens, but it shoots pretty sharp even wide open!

Canon 55-250 is a great zoom lens

from Somerville, NJ

Comments about Canon EF-S 55-250mm Lens:

We purchased the Canon 55-250 after we had our first DLSR for a while, and wanted to add another lens to our camera bag. I absolutely love the focal length of the 55-250, and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the images for the relatively low cost of this lens. It has the Image Stabilization, which is a great feature for someone like me who has shaky hands. I used this lens initially on my Canon Rebel and now still use it on my 7D, and still love it. The 55-250 can be a little heavy at first, especially if you are also using a smaller prime lens, like a 50mm etc. This lens has good auto focus capabilities, and produces nice, quality images.  Obviously the 4-5.6 aperture is not going to be the best for low-light, indoor situations, but this lens definitely performs well outdoors. One thing I do wish Canon would do is to start including a lens hood with each of its lenses so you dont have to purchase them separately!

Best value Canon zoom!

from Durham, NC

Comments about Canon EF-S 55-250mm Lens:

This is the best value zoom lens for Canon crop SLR cameras, hands down. This lens came with my original kit, however I used it much more than the wider 18-55mm lens also provided. It is very lightweight and relatively small in size, especially compared to the 70-200mm line-up. Although it is a cheaper lens, the image quality is top notch and the auto focus is very quick. I have used this lens mainly for wildlife photos, as well as for animals at the zoo. Long shots from a moving car were no problem for me while on a safari! The reach of 250mm on a crop camera is remarkable, far better than most point and shoot cameras. In addition, having the image stabilization on helps when using slower shutter speeds or shaky hands. There have been a number of shots on my previous zoom that were scrapped due to shaky image, but now I no longer have to worry about that! If you are new to SLR photography and need a decent zoom, this is the one I would recommend 10 times out of 10. My only gripe is that the build quality feels a little lacking, and the auto focus could be a little quicker, otherwise this is a great product.