3.6
Aussie
Aussie Aussome Volume Hairspray Y Maximum Hold 10 oz

Aussie Aussome Volume Hairspray Y Maximum Hold 10 oz

3.6

For people new to using hairspray!

I love Aussie Awesome Volume hair spray! I have never been one to do the girly thing with hair and makeup. Recently all of that has changed, and I started trying to learn to do these things. I have always had a low self esteem. I went through a bad divorce last year, and I was at my lowest until December when I met my amazing boyfriend. When I got with him my self esteem became better, and thats when I discovered this great product. I want to look better and feel better about myself not only for him, but for me. This product is easy to use for a beginner like myself. I always wear a clip with a little bit of my hair up this hair spray helps to hold the hair in place all day. My hair is so naturally straight and with this hair spray I can use a curling iron and actually keep curls in my hair all day. You dont have to worry about reapplying later in the day this product does the job. After finding this product I have discovered what fun it can be to do different things with your hair. Its always nice to try out different products, and new things with your hair.

Don't buy this product

Wow, I have always herd the best things about Aussie products, on Y!A- Hair(Beauty and Style board) people are always recommending Aussies line of "Amazing" products. Really I have to disagree, this hairspray was just horrible, it did a number of horrible things to my hair:**Cons** - Leaves your hair dry! Even after a shower and air-dry...spray this product on your hair and you will look in need for a shower.

- Think before you act!---There is no turning back on your hairstyle, one you have sprayed your hair you WILL NOT be able to put a brush through it again...

- The smell can be overpowering, it is a wonderful great scent BUT if you are doing something that needs a lot of hairspray, you will smell like you spilled air freshener on yourself.

- REALLY sticky product!

**Pros** - Well, kudos to Aussie on knowing how to make a product *smell *good, I mean, making it *work* good was not on their minds when they made this product.

- This does hold your hair. It may not hold it as you want it because it holds it to the point of never being able to comb your fingers through your hair again but I have to give them some credit on the fact the it holds.

The stars--I gave two stars, one for the fact that it smells great and another for the fact that it does in fact hold your hair...So does this product give volume? Tough to say folks, I will say yes but with volume you will be accompanied by extreme frizz. I will not judge Aussie based on this one product, I love to try new things and I plan to try more of their products but maybe not from the voluming line that they have put out...

This Aussie Hairspray works..if you use it a certain way.

Comments about Aussie Aussome Volume Hairspray Y Maximum Hold 10 oz:

Aussie's Miraculously Smooth Anti-Humidity Hairspray claims it will eliminate frizz, keep your hair light and bouncy, AND prevent humidity from cramping your style. It does that...to a degree.
After reading so many positive reviews about this product, I was very excited to try it out myself. Unfortunately, I was less than thrilled with the result. I found when I sprayed it immediately after styling my hair, it made the hair wet. Before the product dried, my hair got frizzy, and THEN the product activated, leaving my hair solid but not as smooth as it would have been if I hadn't used the non-aerosol type of spray.
Throughout the day, the product lasted its 12 hours, as stated on the packaging. However, when you start off with a less than perfect hairstyle, your confidence level isn't as high as with using an aerosol spray. Basically, I think if they put this spray in a different type of container so it wouldn't wet the hair before doing its job, it would be much more beneficial.

Best hairspray!

Comments about Aussie Aussome Volume Hairspray Y Maximum Hold 10 oz:

Aussie hairsprays have always been my favorite, this one holds really well throughout the day and doesn't leave my hair crunchy! It also smells really good, not chemical-y. I've been using this hairspray for a year now, and it hasn't disappointed me. I'd recommend it to anyone

Not exactly my favorite

from Pierre, SD

Pros

Cons

Comments about Aussie Aussome Volume Hairspray Y Maximum Hold 10 oz:

**Packaging: **Aussie's Volume hairspray comes in a pretty purple can. It's easy to grip and doesn't slip easy. The nozzle is well put on, I've had some fall off before.The packaging is very appealing. Probably one of the reasons i bought it to try it, haha.

**Formula: **It's alright in the hold area, not exactly perfect but it's use-able. It won't hold my curls well, so it's a no go for me. (My hair likes to stay straight.. Very hard for it to hold curls) It sticky only for the first minute after spraying it on your hair, that's pretty normal though, you just have to not touch it for the first couple of seconds. The only other thing that i don't like about this formula is that, sadly, Gives me some stiff hair. It's not soft to the touch like some of my other hairsprays. (Understandable, as it is rare to find a workable hairspray) I like to be able to comb through my hair a little and with this you cannot. You'll simply rip your hair out in the process.

**Etc: **I really like the smell. That's what keeps on making me use the rest of my current can, haha. I wouldn't recommend this product. I think you could find better. Oh, i forgot to add that i actually feel like i'm wearing hairspray with this & I feel like i'm in a wig, to be honest. ****

Nothing spectacular.

from College Station, TX

Comments about Aussie Aussome Volume Hairspray Y Maximum Hold 10 oz:

There is nothing wrong with Aussie's maximum hold hairspray, but there is nothing remarkable about it, either. It is average, at best.

It does a fine job of holding hairstyles, but it leaves hair feeling sticky — very sticky. It seems leave a residue that makes the hair gunky, crunchy and tacky to the touch. It is almost impossible to brush or style your hair after you've applied this product.

I've used other Aussie products and have been reasonably satisfied, but I would never buy this one again.

Also, the smell is very overwhelming. It gave me a headache after a while. I would call this "scented" hairspray. Too scented.

So, overall, this product is sticky, and overwhelmingly scented. I would not say that it offers any more control than other products, many of which are cheaper. For me, there is nothing that would make me recomment this product or use it unless it is the only one available.

Not something I would expect from Aussie.

Great hairspray!

from Valrico, FL

Comments about Aussie Aussome Volume Hairspray Y Maximum Hold 10 oz:

The Aussie Aussome Volume hair spray, maximum hold, is my go-to hair spray to keep my kids hair in place when styled.  With three little girls, I am always doing a french braid, buns, or some other crazy creation my girls come up with and I use this hairspray to make sure they stay put!  This holds great and doesn't go on chunky or thick, so that it is not noticable on the hair.  It goes on smooth and even and holds all textures of hair in place.  I also love the smell and my little ones like it too!  They always go get the 'purple grape' hair spray out of the cupboard!  Now, aside from my little ones, I also use this spray on the rare day or night that I do my hair!  I just spray a little through my dry hair to give it a little extra volume.  It works great without getting sticky or heavy.  This hairspray is great for the whole family and does exactly as it says, give volume with maximum hold!

The best smelling and holding spray.

from Pleasant Grove, UT

Comments about Aussie Aussome Volume Hairspray Y Maximum Hold 10 oz:

I have always loved the smell of Aussie products. I did not buy them until I started couponing and matching with store sales. I find that with those two things I could afford to try Aussie out. I also have noticed that there are always coupons and sales so that I can use the product more often instead of trying to stock up every time there is a sale. I loved using aeresol hairspray when I was younger and then when I heard it was bad for the environment I stopped using it. When my stylist told me that they worked things out and there is no longer a threat I thought I would give it a try. I have used many brands of hairspray in the past and mostly the pump kind. I love that Aussie is not sticky and smells so great. It holds all day without looking or feeling the least bit sticky. It is nice to have a product that I love to use and know that when I am using something else I wish I was using Aussie instead.

Great hold!

from Kingsley, IA

Comments about Aussie Aussome Volume Hairspray Y Maximum Hold 10 oz:

Aussie awesome volume hairspray lives up to it's hype.  Your hair is not going to move at all.  This is the part of it that I love because I am always searching for ways to hold my style and add volume to it.  IT also has a terrific smell, whcih is different than it used to be.  I can always find coupons in the paper for this and other aussie products.  The major downfall is you get hairspary falkes or residue.  Especailly if you brush your hair at all once you've aplied the product.  Forget about any restyling once you've added the product, and that makes it a little difficult to deal with.  Once you use it you better love the way it looks or get ready to wash your hair again.  Also your hair does look rather stiff, but I guess if you want super hold and volume you can't have it look natural too.  I guess we can't have our cake and it too.  I am still looking for the ultimate hairspray but at least this product does what it says!

Don't like Aussie

from Portland, OR

Comments about Aussie Aussome Volume Hairspray Y Maximum Hold 10 oz:

I didn't care for this hairspray at all.  I picked it up on sale because the store was out of my usual brand.  While the fragrance was nice, the spray was so heavy, if left my hair feeling wet and weighed down.  I tired using it several times holding the can a little farther back and going for a lighter spray but still my hair felt wet and tacky.  Won't use this brand again.

For people new to using hairspray!

from Lumberton, TX