Well designed and works very well. It is definitely a bit pricey but it is just so darn cool!
Gets in all the nooks and crannies all by itself with its little computer brain.
Ease of Maintenance
Very easy to clean and fill/empty.
Does leave some larger particles and pushes them around. We just put the Roomba in the kitchen first LOL.
Works on hardwood, linoleum and tile very well.
Very well thought out and designed - it works pretty well!
We haven't had any issues so far and it seems very well built.
The iRobot Scooba is one of the best inventions ever made! I use it on my hardwood floors in my home. Besides the bathrooms, the entire main level of my home are hardwoods. It took hours to sweep and mop, and I hated taking that time away from my family. Finally, I decided to purchase the iRobot Scooba a few months ago. I have been completely satisfied in every way. Whenever the floors need mopping, I fill up the Scooba tank with water and little bit of vinegar and let it run. After about 45 minutes, the Scooba is finished and my floors are shiny and clean. Of course the Scooba cannot mop my entire house in one cycle so I break my house into four sections for mopping. The Scooba cannot get corners and occasionally gets stuck on my floor vents and underneath my kitchen cabinets. Also, you do have to empty the tank of dirty water and clean the filters after each use. This can be cumbersome, but is no more of a hassle than a mop and bucket of water.
No more back pain from mopping with the iRobot Scooba 330!
I have been dealing with mild to severe back pain for several years now which can leave me on a heating pad on the couch for days at a time. Meanwhile, the floors are getting dirtier and dirtier because, well, life goes on! A few years ago my husband purchased our first iRobot vacuum and we quickly fell in love with the ease of robotic cleaning. This year, for my birthday, my husband found a good deal on the **iRobot Scooba 330**. Although I like my Swiffer, the back and forth motion while using it usually sent me straight to the couch the next day.
With the **iRobot Scooba** I can still lay on the couch, not because my back is out, but because I'm reading a book while **Scooba** mops my floors. Delightful! I admit that I was a skeptic about how well **Scooba **would clean, and as you'll see under my con's, it's not for those big messes that only a mop can handle. However, for the regular, day to day stuff, **Scooba** does the job.
- *Easy to use*
- *Large holding tank for cleaner*
- *Easily mops 2-3 rooms before it needs to be drained, rinsed, and refilled*
- *Although they try to sell you on their expensive cleaner, they also say (in the fine print) that you can use **plain old vinegar** (the cheap stuff!) as a cleaner. It's less expensive, smells great, and has no harsh chemicals to worry about.*
- *Works on hard wood floors and tile*
- *Edges very well - closer than the Roomba*
- *There are times I have to watch it a bit because it doesn't seem to get into every corner*
- *It's pretty heavy, so hefting it up to the kitchen sink to drain and refill it can be interesting.*
- *If you've got mud all over your floors, this is not the thing for the job. That's when you still need to have a good, old-fashioned bucket and mop in a closet somewhere.*
- *It's also quite loud - I'm used it it, but I can't talk on the phone when it's anywhere near by.*
iRobot Scooba is fantastic!
My husband and I just purchased the iRobot Scooba two weeks ago and are loving it! Initially, we had some trouble getting it to work correctly--it kept shutting itself off--but we called the iRobot technical support folks and they were so helpful! Their representative talked us through how to "prime" the tanks before the first use (which was also in the instruction manual but we had missed that part). After priming it, Scooba has worked beautifully! You can either use the cleaning solution or a mixture of water and white vinegar. We have been using the vinegar mixture for cost-savings and it is working so well! The floors feel so clean (there's not grit leftover), and the Scooba is very good when confined to smaller areas, such as one room at a time. When left without any laser barriers, it travels from room to room without finishing one first. We just know that we'll only do one room at a time and it works great for us! Love this product!