I used W+S for our registry and I am left feeling unsure if that was the right decision. One one hand their array of products is excellent. On the other hand they have the most mind boggling failures. The registration we did in store and it was put on the website. Unfortunately, the first registry we could not add any items to. So I created another registry to add items too. After 5 calls to IT help at W+S and 3 hours I finally was able to confirm my email. We added items to the registry. Unfortunately, in the process they created another Williams Sonoma account and I could not merge the two which was a frustrating 6 month endeavor to having to swap my rewards number into two accounts that can not be merged.... We attended the in person registry breakfast which was a whole waste of time it was like being stuck at an MLM event at your friends house. We did not get to learn more about the products we wanted and they just pushed misc. items onto couples. It took me 3 emails to the store to register for the underwhelming event. At a separate visit we met a woman who was INCREDIBLY knowledgable about knives and helped us make the best registry decision of Shun knives. Eternally grateful as we adore them and use them daily. 60% of the registry items came in easy and perfect. The other 40% arrived damaged, were mailed to the wrong place, or we had to call to resolve. One order from a friend with 5 pieces was shipped to a random person in MA that to this day the giver nor us can figure our why- it was not the giver's address nor was it in our profile. The W+S employee was wildly helpful and resolve the problem after the 3rd call. Including 2 by the giver. A pot arrived very damaged. I took it to the store with a return label to return it as I thought it safer packed in a larger box. Well the store NEVER mailed the $400 gift back and I spend 4 months having to call customer service to get this resolved. 4 months and about a dozen calls just over a damaged pan.
New York, NY