3.3
Pelonis
HO0218
Pelonis Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater

This heater is only good for 10-20 uses

I bought 1 for bedroom and 1 for living room to supplement household heat for extra cold night. (Not many because I live in de.) 1 was purchased last Feb. Used part of feb and stored in original box. When we pulled it out this year it keeps clicking back off before it heats. The other purchased a week earlier and used about the same amount stays turned on but never heats! Expensive heater for under a month of use! Only gave 1 star because I had to post a review! Didn't want to give any stars!

Oceanview,de

false

I wouldn't waste my money

I have had 2 of these units. The 1st one never even worked when we got it out of the box. Took back and exchanged it. Our 2nd one was only used seldom and has stopped working. The power comes on and all the functions work except for the main one. IT DOESN'T HEAT UP. Never ever will I buy anything from them again.

Fremont, Ohio

Didn't last long

Used twice in a very short time winter in Fl lasts about a week and now it won't heat up. It appears the on - off switch has a short in it .

Florida

when they work OK

Like them when they work but the 2 I have have the same problem the control switches have broken.

NY

false

Awesome, affordable little space heater.

I bought the Pelonis oil filled radiator space heater about 2 years ago when winter hit and I was living in a HUGE drafty old house that cost a ridiculous amount of money to heat. Well with this bad boy I just heated up my room and was kept nice and warm without a single problem. I wanted a radiator because ceramic space heaters give of a "dry" heat that kills my sinuses. It doesn't heat up super fast but it's a radiator and that's expected. But when it does heat up (takes about an hour) it'll keep you warm and comfortable all the time. I never had these burn problems other reviewers got, you'd have to rest your hand on it for a good 10 seconds to get a burn, I leave it running all the time and I've never, ever had a problem with it. Great product, highly recommend. Performance Runs great all day and night, saves money. Ease of Use I really do wish there was a temperature gauge, you just guess and memorize where the knobs are for the temp you want. Durability I've been abusing this thing for two years with no problems. Safety Runs cooler then most space heaters.

true

The pelonis portable heater isn't all that great

My family got this space heater for the basement because the central heat didn't heat it up. Where I come it gets really cold during winter, and this year was unbelievably cold. So this heater did a great job in keeping the basement, nice and toasty. This space heater works great in small room, and it heats it up fast. What I like about it is the fact that it has a self shut down if it get too hot. I also like the price of it, it's a reasonable price. However, what I dislike about it is that it gets very hot on the outside. So, you have to be cautious if you have children or pets. Because it will become pretty dangerous for them. The other thing that I dislike is that at times it will leak out oil, which to me could be extremely dangerous. I don't know why it leaks but it does. And it's not only my heater that does it, I read a few reviews and a lot people have complained about the same issue. And again, since the space heater isn't expensive, you basically get what you paid for. Which honestly isn't all bad, you just need to be careful. Design It's heavy and you have to kept it upright.

true

Save your money, it won't last

We purchased this last winter as an emergency heater - we have 'propane' heat in this new house, which can sometimes run out at inconvenient times. We used this portable heater mayyybe a dozen times last year, then brought it out last week and used it maybe another dozen times...and all of a sudden the dial that turns the heat ON and adjusts the heat level is just not working. It was working when I turned it OFF in the middle of the night..but would not go back on this morning. Thecouple dozen times it DID work, it worked fine, heated up a small bedroom...it is similar in design to every other heater out there, and though it's hot enough on the outside that you wouldn't want to keep your hand on it for an extended period of time, it does not seem likely to set anything asmolder...but unless you want to buy a new one every year, stay away. Durability Only lasted a couple dozen uses over the course of a year.

not a good choice

Would recommend if you need to heat up a closet or small area. It does not keep things warm and is not very efficient. Has to run all the time and is hot to touch, but one has to wonder where the heat is? I would definitely spend your money on something else that can kick out the heat.

false

I love these types of heaters, but not this one.

We have quite a large gym and home office and no central heating or cooling so these radiator heaters have been a lifesaver. That being said, I will not purchase this particular heater once our other one dies. We purchase two of these to heat the two rooms and they've done a brilliant job. However, one of them broke with just a simple turn of the knob that regulates the temperature. It still heated but we didn't feel safe being unable to control it. I would not recommend this type of heater for an uninsulated large room. We do have one in a 14X16 bedroom and it heats the room wonderfully to a tolerable temperature (about 60 degrees) when it is about 35 degrees outdoors. Performance Performs well in an insulated room. Use two for Ease of Use Extremely easy to use without having to read a manual. Durability I've had one of these heaters for years. Some, like other products, are worse than others. Safety I've never felt insecure with these heaters until one of the knobs broke. It still wasn't a threat but better safe than sorry.

Doesn't radiate very well

Since it is the winter time I didn't want to spend so much money on my gas bill so I decide to get a space heater to put in my bedroom to not make me and the little baby not so cold. More especially for my baby because I didn't want him to catch a cold. This heater does not radiate heat very well unless you leave it on very a long long time then I scared somethings going to catch on fire because I have left the room. If you stay close to it then it's okay but to warm up the whole room be sure to turn it on in the morning and leave it on for half the day to actually heat the room up! Performance Doesn't heat up bigs room effeciantly Ease of Use very easy to use turn on turn off Durability I would say this item is pretty durable Design the design looks like one of those old school room heaters I love it! Safety I wouldn't out this too close to anything loose like drapes or anything because it could start a fire!

Pelonis Portable Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater