Other Space Heaters:
Patton
PUH680-U
Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater

So stupid

The thermostat turns on at the same position regardless of the temperature. High is 1500 watts. Low is 1350 watts. On a scale from 1 to 10 if high is 10, low is 9. I'm not kidding. So stupid.

Maryland

false

One of the best heaters for the price

Between my parents, grandparents, and myself we own 6 of these heaters. All but one have worked flawlessly for over 3 winters. The one that failed was very noisy from the beginning and the coils burnt out within the first month. I use one in my home, in the bedroom, but it is a little loud to sleep with it on. My other heater is used to heat my "office" in a very drafty metal airplane hangar. Obviously it doesn't heat the entire hangar but it's good enough to feel my fingers to type. That heater has been dropped, kicked, punched, stabbed, etc. and still works great. My only complaint it the thermostat just having notches instead of temperature.

Northeastern PA

The BEST

We use this heater on the days it is cool but not cold enough to turn the gas heater on. We have really tall ceilings and this heater heats our 20X20 room with 10ft ceilings!!!

Birmingham, Al

true

Excellent heater. Heats a large room such as my living room.

Use when gas pipe was being repaired and house was without heat. Use in mudroom which has no heat airvent.

vine grove, ky

Heater works great

I bought this when my furnace broke down in 17 degree weather. It heats up quick and the fan circulates air well. I was surprised how well the thermostat worked. I didn't feel comfortable leaving it unattended. It heated my house for a day or two while I was tearing into my furnace, and it did the job.

Worst heater

The Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater is by far the most horrible heater I've ever owned. So much so that 1 is too high of a rating to give it. The first day I owned this, it heated the tiny room brilliantly, then on the second day the noise began. It sounded like one of those huge remote control planes. I figured it was standard with a heater like this but then the coils burned out halfway into the third day. Another downfall in this heater is no off or on switch, only high and low. There are safer heaters out there. Spend the money on a high quality heater. With this you get what you pay for and you still get cheated. Performance When it worked, it heated a small room perfectly, but it didn't last long. Ease of Use Flick high or low and set the thermostat. This is the only positive thing about this heater. Durability Horrible design. It's riveted, the coils have burned out, and it sounds like a small remote control plane. Design The heater is riveted together. If you are using this in a workshop and accidentally knock it over a few times, which will eventually happen, you'll find yourself having to put it back together. Safety Use common sense with this heater. Make sure you keep your kids and pets away and keep a far space away from it. There are safer heaters out there. Skip this one.

So Good

I used to have this heater before I lost it and it used to heat up my entire living room or whatever room I set it in pretty good and fast. It works really good and it was worth the price. Performance It heat up any room even large ones fast and in minutes leaving the room cozy and not hot. Ease of Use It's very easy to use and set without getting confuse and frozen by the time you figure what each button do like some other heaters I've used before. Durability I've had this heater before I lost it for like three years and it was working perfectly. Design It is a Solid Sturdy Design and isn't so big that it takes so much space, that's all I can say. Safety I have never been burn and the metal surrounding it hasn't been too hot that I have felt but I always take great car to grab it where I'm suppose to. One of the things I loved about it was how if it fell over it would automatically turn off to keep things safe. Also it's safe around pets which is good because my dog loved to lay down really close to it and warm up even fall asleep sometimes.

true

I would never buy this again

When I first starting looking for a space heater to help during the winter I was told this was a good heater. I was told wrong. I hate everything about this heater. I couldn't leave it on longer then a few hours without it getting so hot and turning off on its own. Sometimes it would kick the breaker box because it would just shut off. I just wasn't safe to have on the floor or even on the counters. I just didn't feel safe at all having this in my house at all. Performance I wouldn't even put out enough heat to keep a bird warm half the time. Ease of Use It was very easy to use. All you did was plug it into the wall. How hard can that be. Durability It got knocked over and it quit working, I had to replace the heater after only three weeks. Design The design was not what I thought it would have. Figured it would have something that would protect from getting burnt. Safety I would not trust this product in my house ever again. It was the worse product to have in a house with small children

false

Not as good as they used to be

Years ago, I owned one of these heaters. It worked great and lasted for many years. Over several moves, I lost it. So, in the winter of 2011-12, I bought a new one. It lasted about a month. There is a device in it that cuts the power if the heater is tipped over. This device now is made out of plastic, and it is so located so as to be subjected to heat during normal operation. It melted and permanently turned off the heating element. So, I've bought another brand.

true

Wonderful heater at a good price

I really like this Patton space heater. It is small and puts out a good amount of heat. I also like that it is very quiet. Performance For such a small heater, this Patton model puts out a lot of heat. Our living room is drafty during the colder months so this is perfect for us. We keep one unit in the bathroom and one in the living room. Having these heaters saves us a lot of money on heating costs during the winter. Ease of Use This heater is so easy to use. All you have to do is find a safe location for it and plug it in. Then turn the unit on and enjoy its warmth. You want to make sure it is on a flat surface with nothing blocking the front of the unit. Durability This little heater is very durable. We have had them for a few years now and have never had any issues with any parts breaking or malfunctioning. Design The design of this heater is small and portable. It can easily be moved from room to room. It is small enough that you can take it virtually anywhere it is needed. Sometimes hotel rooms are temperature controlled so having this space heater with you could help with that. Safety I like this heater because it has a safety shut off feature if the unit is tipped over. Having this feature reduces the risk of a fire.

Patton Portable Milkhouse Utility Heater