Early this morning I followed the instructions on the package as I applied this product to my gardens. Once wet, a strong 'cow feces' smell comes from the ground. Our 2 dogs immediately went for it when we let them out this morning. And ate some. Within minutes they were vomiting. We have called the vet and poison control, and while there are no ingredients that specifically harm animals, their stomachs are very upset. They need to watched closely for signs of poisoning and dehydration, of course, we'll be doing this for the next couple of days. I also called the company who manufactures this product and they basically told me the dogs couldn't be harmed from it. They also sent me a list by email of all the ingredients with a note thanking me for my interest in this product. Let's be clear - my only interest now is the safety of my dogs. I will be trying to remove what remains from my garden and I will never be using this product again. After the fiasco with the dog foods recently, you can be sure that I'll be warning all I can about this product.