If you're looking for a toy that will get your kids up to play and let their imaginations soar, look no further. This is easily the best slide set out there for kids under 4. The attractive castle design encourages imaginative play. The height is perfect for toddlers under 4, no more worrying about babies falling and getting hurt, the design for this makes tumbling down hard to do dangerously.
Little ones halve the options to scale the rock wall (to save a princess?) Once up the wall there's a wheel they can use to steer their pirate ship through stormy seas! Of course they'll have a blast using the slide!
In addition kiddos can hide underneath the slide thanks to the innovative holes beneath the platform. Kids will have fun playing peak a boo with their friends and family.
The slide is pretty light considering how big it is. One adult can move it. The slide also folds inward for storage purposes, which can come in very handy. All in all I would say this is a perfect purchase for anyone with toddlers.
My kiddo loves this!
My kiddo is 2 years old and she's been using this since she was about twelve months old. It took a little bit of force to get it snapped together in the first place, but we got the thing at a decent price from the Mattel store, so we figured it was worth it. Once we got it put together, we discovered how incredibly sturdy it really is. Some of the older kids have tried climbing all over it, too, and it still stays intact and right where we have it put in the backyard. We could also just pick it up and carry it to move it if we wanted to.
She love to climb up and then slide down and she uses it every day that she can. The only downside is that bugs love the thing, and it can get a little gunky when it's out in the rain. For the price, it's not as big as I would like, and as she gets older, the toy will definitely get boring fast, as the only thing there is to do is climb up and slide down, but for now, it's worth it.
Great for little ones!
I used to hate taking my 1 year old daughter to the park because everything was so high off the ground. This play area was so perfect for her. She still got to climb and slide, but I didn't have to worry about her falling a far distance. She had so much fun with it. It was easy to put together and very durable. It is quite small though so I wouldn't recommend it for a child older then 3.
Son LOVES this!
My son got this slide as a Christmas present for his second Christmas. He still uses it to this day and loved it from the beginning. Some of the other toys he has received in the past he got bored of, but not his slide. We live up north where it snows a lot and during the winter we keep it in the house and it doesn't take up a lot of space at all. During the summer we bring it outside. Very easy to clean.
Kids will have fun with the Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide
We are always looking for toys to keep our one year old twins occupied and the Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide definitely provides plenty of fun for kids between 1-3 years old. We had had this toy for a couple months and have used it both inside and outside. Here are some of the things we like about the Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide.
1. There are many different features of the Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide. First, its a slide. Second, to get up to the slide, the child has to climb a rock style wall. Third, once the child is to the top of the castle, there is a wheel that spins and a platform where the child can stand before sliding down. Finally, the child can climb underneath the slide or even stay under the slide and hide for a bit of time.
2. The Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide was very easy to put together. I actually put it together before my husband came home from work and had no problems.
3. The Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide is easy to move around. The slide folds in slightly so you can collapse it and put it in your back seat. I also like that the Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide is easy to move around because we like to brings ours upstairs from the playroom or even outside. Since it is easy to move around and not too heavy, I am able to move the slide to the location by children want to use it.
4. Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide is made out of a durable plastic material. I like this because I can clean things off of it easily. Dirt on shoes? Spilled milk? A popsicle? No problem! The Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide is easy to clean.
5. The Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide is fun for a boy and for a girl and it is also fun for many ages. For me, this is important. I struggle with finding things that are amusing for both my son and for my daughter and when I find something that is amusing for both of them, we tend to use it a lot. I can see them continuing to use the Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide as they continue to get older, too.
Although we really like the Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide, there are some things about it that we don't like:
1. The rock wall feature that you have to use to get up to the platform and the slide is difficult for a smaller child to get used to. My children often just wear sock inside (it is next to impossible for me to get them to keep shoes on all day, they are constantly pulling them off!) and with socks alone, its very hard for them to get up to the top. The plastic makes the rock wall slippery and the steps that are there on the rock style wall are not very deep so there is not much for their little foot to grasp on to. That being said, after awhile, my children did get used to it for the most part but on occasion I do see them struggle with the rock wall steps.
2. I mentioned that the unit is easy to move but this does become an issue when the kids are actually playing with it. There are times when the Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide will slide forward or backward as the children are climbing up or sliding down. You can, of course, weight the Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide down with water or sand but then again the Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide would not be able to be transported to a different part of the house, yard or to a friend's house.
3. The slide is a little short on the Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide. Or maybe its just that I have really long kids but there is not much room for them to slide down once they put their legs over the side. Now then again, they don't seem to mind and still squeal with delight as they come down it but I notice that the slide itself is a bit short.
One thing that I really enjoy about the Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide is that it encourages my children to play together. While one is coming down the slide, the other is already trying to climb up the rock wall for their turn. And when the one comes down the slide, they then laugh and clap their hands at their brother or sister at the top of the platform. They also like to crawl after one another underneath the slide or even try to come down the slide together.
I have purchased many Little Tikes products and this is one of my favorite. The Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide is one of those toys that is versatile and can be used inside and outside. We also plan to use it this summer to slide them into a kiddie pool (while we hold them and help them slide, of course!) but is multiple uses makes the Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide one of those toys that can grow with your child. I know we plan to continue using the Little Tikes Castle Climb N Slide with our children for years to come.
North Royalton, OH
You usually can't go wrong with Little Tikes toys. We actually used this Castle Climb and Slide inside for both my daughter and son. They loved being able to climb and slide down the slide as well as stand at the top of it. It gave the the ability to climb and side indoors regardless of the weather outside. They probably used it the most when they were between one and two years of age. After that, they mainly pushed it around and climbed on it to reach things up high.
My son especially liked to stand on the top of it and turn the wheel. I think he liked being able to be up high. It is very sturdy, well-made, and provided lots of fun for them. I would definitely recommend this Cimb and Slide toy for toddlers. Older children (over three years of age) wound probably not find it as much fun because the slide would be too short for them. My children didn't really climb through the bottom very often which surprised me.
Great Indoors or Out!
This climber has been a very versatile and fun toy for our little girl. We bought it when she was about 16 months old, and at first, all she could do was slide down after we sat her on top of it. By the end of the summer, she had mastered scrambling up the "rock climbing" notches and could play on it all by herself, and now that she's two, she's up and down and turning the steering wheel round and round. The slide is very easy to assemble as well as to disassemble (or just fold the slide part under the castle) for storage, it cleans up easily, and is lightweight enough that you can move it from indoors on rainy days to outdoors with ease. It is very sturdy, as seems to be the norm for Little Tykes products. I would stay away from the model that has the little swing, as the swing barely swings and is not worth the money.This slide, however, will be a favorite for your toddler for a couple of years.
Little Tikes Castle is a great deal
We bought my one year old daughter the Little Tikes Climb and Slide Castle for Christmas. It was the most inexpensive climber I could find. I was surprised at how easy it was to put together. We put it together in less than thirty minutes. My husband did most of the work himself, but we did need two people to hold the large pieces together during assembly. It is surprisingly light. It is easy for me to move, but it is also sturdy enough that it won't move while my daughter is playing on it. The only bad thing is that the rock wall is hard for little kids to learn. Once my daughter learned how she became pretty good at it. We keep ours inside and sometimes she has trouble climbing it if she is wearing tights because there is not enough friction. I looked at some other ones that have a top, but a lot of reviews said that the tops were too low even for toddlers to stand up. She likes to stand up on the top. There is also an area underneath where she can hide.
This is just too cute. I am so glad we purchased this. It is just smal enough that it fits easily in any part of the house. But it's also large enough that my son has a blast on it. It's also durable enough to go outside. It has a little ship steering wheel that my son loves to play with. Underneath is a little crawl space to climb through that my son loves to hide in. It says starting at 12 months, but my son is 13 months and the rock climb is a little difficult for him to get a hold of. He slides on the little rocks and isn't really able to climb it very well. I would have rather have seen stairs but I imagine they thought these might be a little easier or safer. It was also super simple to assemble and took no time at all-maybe 15 minutes total. It seems very sturdy and I am sure my son will get a couple more years out of this. So for the price, we definitely got our monies worth.
My daughter loves her little tikes slide
My daughter got this slide this last christmas from my father in law. She is 14 months and from the day she could walk she has been the biggest monkey i have ever seen. If there was something she could climb on she would be on top of it in five seconds. She is completely fearless. I thought that this would help her urge to climb and of course she loves it. She will play on it for hours going back and forth climbing up and sliding down. She tries to climb back up the slide of course but she usually has socks on and its pretty much impossible that way. She can crawl underneath as well and hide. She loves to get on top and yell and jibber jabber. This was definitly worth the money compared to other slides that dont have as much fun features. If your child is a climber i would definitly recommend this they will love it. One thing that i might add that i dont really like about the slide is that it just snaps on and when we have to move it from upstairs to downstairs you have to have someone to hold the slide or it will pop off, and i am afraid if it pops off too much it just wont stay on as well int he future. but that being my only complaint i love it!